GDT 2018: Week 17 - Cleveland @ Baltimore - FOR THE DIVISION TITLE!!

RavensTillIDie

16 minutes ago, Ras said:

I would be shocked if he's not back even if we lost.

Yeah. After looking at the roster situation with Peanut being a RFA, I wouldn’t be surprised if the front office decides to pay Mosley because they’ll have to pay an ILB sooner rather than later anyway.

Personally I wouldn’t resign him, but as long as they cut/trade Jefferson than I’m okay with only having one lukewarm liability on our defense vs a significant one (Jefferson).

I'd rather use the money on Earl Thomas.

Mosley doesn't create splash plays, can't cover TEs, isn't a great blitz piece, is soft against the run and isn't an elite leader.

What would we be paying him for?

Good instincts often tranquilized by hesitation? Unpredictable dips in mobility? A troubling injury history? 

Mosley's best unsung ability is his feel for Zone coverage and disrupting passing windows. And even in that area he's been inconsistent lately, be it injuries or whatever.  We saw some of his speed & explosion return Post Bye but again lately it's kind of fallen off. He isn't a Sideline to Sideline presence. I just don't know why we would repay him.

Again, as a fan of the Ravens I'm super appreciative for Mosley's game sealing interception- but it's not enough to erase my opinion on all of his tape outside that one play.

10 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Maybe you can finally stop throwing in the towel early? Just a thought. 

Trying to unjinx us all game. Really felt history was going to repeat itself. I am not a religious man, but sometimes I need to believe in miracles.

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I'd rather use the money on Earl Thomas.

Mosley doesn't create splash plays, can't cover TEs, isn't a great blitz piece, is soft against the run and isn't an elite leader.

What would we be paying him for?

Good instincts often tranquilized by hesitation? Unpredictable dips in mobility? A troubling injury history? 

Mosley's best unsung ability is his feel for Zone coverage and disrupting passing windows. And even in that area he's been inconsistent lately, be it injuries or whatever.  We saw some of his speed & explosion return Post Bye but again lately it's kind of fallen off. He isn't a Sideline to Sideline presence. I just don't know why we would repay him.

Again, as a fan of the Ravens I'm super appreciative for Mosley's game sealing interception- but it's not enough to erase my opinion on all of his tape outside that one play.

The entire Ravens subreddit is collectively losing their **** over how much money they want thrown at Mosley after that one play. 

The consensus: ALL OF THE MONEY.

It's bananas. Two weeks ago everyone reached the realization that he was actually a liability in coverage. Then he makes ONE play, and now he's once again a top 3 ILB and actually not bad in coverage! And I got heavily downvoted for suggesting that maybe we shouldn't be emotionally overreacting based on one play and that giving a guy a max contract when he's been a liability all season long in coverage is a horrible decision long-term for this team. Then I was assured that Mosley will only be seeking a contract with a max value of $11M/year because he's "clearly not better than Kuechly so he won't be going higher than $12M/year", which of course makes sense in a world where NFL players don't seek contracts higher than their actual value. Problem is, that world ain't this one.

I'm not opposed to using that money on Earl Thomas either, but I would rather go the draft route still rather than pay an aging FS with health concerns.

2 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Is C Mosley your new Joe Flacco? Can you allow yourself to be happy and appreciate the play he made for 24 hours?

I've watched that play no less than 10 times since last night. I can simultaneously be happy about the play and discuss everyone's overreaction to the pending FA situation regarding Mosley.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

During Harbaugh's presser he said the Maxx Williams call would be sent in for league review. No surprise there.

That call made me so angry. Just a complete flop.

8 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Is C Mosley your new Joe Flacco? Can you allow yourself to be happy and appreciate the play he made for 24 hours?

I don’t know about this. There has been a contingent that has stated all season that CJ Mosley should not be resigned. So it’s not like that statement was counter to that. What’s more CJs play has left much to be desired. While he sealed the Browns game with that pick and it was awesome. If CJ doesn’t allow that 4th down play in coverage to go over his head against the Chiefs, we don’t even need to beat the Browns to get in (assuming all other games remain constant).

Whats more the quality dropoff for the Peanut/Young grouping was virtually nonexistent when compared to Mosley outside of when the helmet situation had been taken care of. And both players have improved as the season has progressed.

I definitely could see the front office resigning Mosley because Peanut is a RFA with only one year left and without Mosley we’d be put into a position where we would have continuous turnover at LBer or we would have to eventually invest in Peanut at LBer anyway, so it’s not unreasonable to just invest in Mosley a year earlier instead.

But on the flip side, the front office might potentially decide to simply let Mosley depart (versus paying him $12-$13m/year and instead simply extend Peanut to a lower value extension, 4/32m and bank on the likelihood that he will be one of our burgeoning “stars” next season.

Archived