It's time to commit to Nick / What to do with Foles?

Art_Vandalay

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Combo of they might move on from Timmy since his contract can be voided, they need a 3rd guy, and this is an incredible class of DTs this year.

DE certainly is more glaring, but there aren’t as many options to fill it.

I think there is a chance if we clear the board of money. (Trade BDN, Peters retires, etc) We address one of them in free agency...couple of Schwartz’ guys are vets you can get this offseason. I wonder if Chris comes back one more year or not.

There are some vet Schwartz guys but just like the draft not many will be available (under 30). If you have the chance why not grab one of the top 3 DEs...(Bosa/Ferrell/Allen). 

If you have 6-8 rookie DTs and there's not much difference between 3-8, is that using resources wisely? 

14 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

There are some vet Schwartz guys but just like the draft not many will be available (under 30). If you have the chance why not grab one of the top 3 DEs...(Bosa/Ferrell/Allen). 

If you have 6-8 rookie DTs and there's not much difference between 3-8, is that using resources wisely? 

If a De is there, yeah, go with that

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Maybe this time we will be able to draft a franchise DE. We have to get one right eventually. 

My dream scenario: We trade Nick for Jaylen Ramsey. Oh boy the jorts I´d need if that happened. 

I thought about that trade as well, Foles for Ramsey would be the most beneficial trade for PHI. 

On 1/9/2019 at 2:29 PM, Broadway Joe said:

Maybe this time we will be able to draft a franchise DE. We have to get one right eventually. 

My dream scenario: We trade Nick for Jaylen Ramsey. Oh boy the jorts I´d need if that happened. 

That would be highway robbery  by Howie if achieved. Not happening.

Again can’t thank Nick enough for everything. Awesome guy, clutch player, forever will love #9

With that being said this is Carson’s team. I hope he gets healthy and starts to get on the same page as Doug. If he returns to 2017 form we’re right back into contention 

1 minute ago, RBreezy said:

Again can’t thank Nick enough for everything. Awesome guy, clutch player, forever will love #9

With that being said this is Carson’s team. I hope he gets healthy and starts to get on the same page as Doug. If he returns to 2017 form we’re right back into contention 

Yeah, I’ll love Nicky 6 for life and glad he ended his time here with another playoff run. Looking forward to Carson bring Philly another ring 

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah, I’ll love Nicky 6 for life and glad he ended his time here with another playoff run. Looking forward to Carson bring Philly another ring 

I still think Howie needs to listen to offers on both players.  In the (granted, very unlikely) event that a team like the Jags is willing to offer (4) 1sts for Carson, you consider it and ride or die with Nick, while surrounding him with more weapons.  That said, it would take a ludicrous offer like that to consider moving on from Wentz.  Anything short of that type of over-payment, you go with Carson and thank Nick for his wonderful tenure here.

Archived