It's time to commit to Nick / What to do with Foles?

Art_Vandalay

44 minutes ago, Shoeless said:

I still think Howie needs to listen to offers on both players.  In the (granted, very unlikely) event that a team like the Jags is willing to offer (4) 1sts for Carson, you consider it and ride or die with Nick, while surrounding him with more weapons.  That said, it would take a ludicrous offer like that to consider moving on from Wentz.  Anything short of that type of over-payment, you go with Carson and thank Nick for his wonderful tenure here.

Agree. Has to make the RGIII trade look pedestrian.

5 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

If Alshon doesn't drop that ball, who knows what the story is right now. I'm still team BDN but the organization at this point will for sure roll with Glass. Hopefully at this point next year all of you are mocking me for being dead wrong.

I fail to see why I should wait a year..... ;) 

13 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

If Alshon doesn't drop that ball, who knows what the story is right now. I'm still team BDN but the organization at this point will for sure roll with Glass. Hopefully at this point next year all of you are mocking me for being dead wrong.

Then they will be mocking both of us.  My gut tells me that Wentz is going to have a very nice (McNabbish) career for us, but constant injuries will continue to prevent him from achieving ultimate greatness... and I sure hope I'm wrong. 

To me, this is the best way the situation could possibly play out for us:

1. Some team is willing to surprise us with a trade for Foles. We parlay Foles for a great pick or a potential impact player.

2. A team is willing to offer an insane package for Wentz that could set the Eagles up for the next decade+.  Again, I'm talking (4) 1sts or (3) 1sts, a 2nd and something else.  Then the Birds spend the extra money on extending Foles long-term, while adding an impact RB.  Plus they own (8) or (7) 1st rounders over the next 4 seasons.  

I think letting Foles go for basically nothing will sting. But it is what it is.  If I'm just picking Carson vs. Nick straight up, I'm talking Wentz 100 x out of 100 obviously.  But if the option is Wentz vs. Foles + stud RB + (3 or 4) 1st rounders, I'm taking the latter. 

Chances are, Foles is gonzo, Wentz is our franchise QB and we'll all love him and wish for the best.  I hope Wentz wins 2 or 3 Super Bowls, but man, the constant injuries scare the heck out of me. Some players are just injury prone. Call it bad luck, whatever, but it is what it is.

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

In the end times, the truth will be seen as a lie and the lie as the truth. If Alshon doesn't drop that pass, you and I know Foles was going to march the Eagles down the field and gut the Saints in their own stadium.

13 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

In the end times, the truth will be seen as a lie and the lie as the truth. If Alshon doesn't drop that pass, you and I know Foles was going to march the Eagles down the field and gut the Saints in their own stadium.

Which would of changed Nothing but the Greatness and Legend of Nick Foles. Wentz was never going anywhere. Except in the minds of Arm Chaired GM's who play way to much Madden.

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Which would of changed Nothing but the Greatness and Legend of Nick Foles. Wentz was never going anywhere. Except in the minds of Arm Chaired GM's who play way to much Madden.

Even if Foles was Super Bowl MVP two seasons in a row? I'm just Chair-Armed and all (just kidding--am actually an NFL GM posting here), but I don't know how easy a sell that would be to let that player go and go with an injury-prone player who was literally injured during the playoffs there last two years.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

Even if Foles was Super Bowl MVP two seasons in a row? I'm just Chair-Armed and all (just kidding--am actually an NFL GM posting here), but I don't know how easy a sell that would be to let that player go and go with an injury-prone player who was literally injured during the playoffs there last two years.

If we won the Superbowl this season, it would have been '07 Eli Manning esque, because Nick Foles was playing terribly.

8 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Technically Wentz was never injured during the Playoffs. 

Only thing Foles accomplished  was making it difficult  for the Organization to allow Him to walk freely into FA. Now serious discussions  are going on and will be discussed  the next few months  with other Organizations on whether to Franchise/Trade.

Even if the value is nowhere near the Franchise Tag price. Something,  Anything  in return. Guarantee you "inquire will be made during the Senior Bowl and Combine coming.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

If we won the Superbowl this season, it would have been '07 Eli Manning esque, because Nick Foles was playing terribly.

He was playing pretty well tonight. That last pick was 100% on Alshon. Foles ended 18/31 with 201 yards, 1 TD and 2 INT. Complete that pass, another 15 yards on a touchdown pass and we're looking at 21/32, 230, 2 TD and 1 TD, which would be a solid game in the playoffs on the road against a solid defense. We'll never know for sure what would have happened, but Foles is pretty clutch and this scenario could have easily happened. Foles doesn't get enough love.

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Foles doesn't get enough love

Nick gets plenty of Love but this constant ignoring of all the other aspects of the Eagles that improved over the last 2 months OL, DL, Secondary, Run game, ST is annoying. As though it was Foles and nothing else.

Unfortunately several of those aspects once again were effected tonight by injury and it showed, big time. Both in Foles and the Eagles overall play. 

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Nick gets plenty of Love but this constant ignoring of all the other aspects of the Eagles that improved over the last 2 months OL, DL, Secondary, Run game, ST is annoying. As though it was Foles and nothing else.

Unfortunately several of those aspects once again were effected tonight by injury and it showed, big time. Both in Foles and the Eagles overall play. 

I just think his historic season a few years ago wasn't a fluke, nor was his Super Bowl MVP. He's a quality NFL starter at the very least, had some ups and downs, but is only entering his QB prime. The Eagles might look back and letting Foles go as one of their biggest mistakes.

Archived