It's time to commit to Nick / What to do with Foles?

Art_Vandalay

4 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Broken wrist in 2015. Broken ribs in 2016. Torn ACL/LCL in 2017. Broken back in 2018...

Everyone who thinks Carson is this 10+ year starter, please tell me how that's going to happen. You don't get less injury prone and have a quicker recovery time as you age. I think we should sell when the stock is high. Otherwise, I see this as a situation where we let him play out his contract, maybe franchise him in year 6, then let him go because he's so broken down.

Only the torn ACL truly worries me. He played the entire 2016 season. Big Ben has had stuff like broken ribs, noses, etc., and managed to play just fine, and I still believe this back injury is entirely something he could play through (IF he was better with a broken back than Foles, and if it didn't look like our season was over. His last game this year he actually went out playing pretty well. That game was an ugly 1st half, but then pretty money 2nd half). Don't get me wrong... Are Wentz's injuries a concern? Absolutely. Enough of a concern to give up on him? LOLOL NO. This guy was going to be the freaking MVP of the league in his 2nd season. People were drooling over his every play the same way they are doing it over Mahomes this year. You MAYBE entertain this debate if Wentz suffered a torn ACL to the same knee, or has had a career threatening injury, but not merely because he has proven to be an injury prone player.

Equally as important in this "debate" (and it embarrasses me that it has become that, I only thought this would be a talking point on First Take and the like) is the other side of the coin, Foles, since cutting bait with Wentz means we are committing to Foles. Are people really comfortable with that? Do they forget 2014? 2015? Raiders game? Falcons 1st half? Falcons and Bucs game this year? You're bound to have bad games when you play as many as Foles has, I get that, but his 2015 alone makes it pretty clear to me the level of QB he is, and that's not a guy who will ever be in the upper echelon of NFL QBs. When things are going right, his supporting cast is fiting off all cylinders, the playcalling is money, and most importantly he is in rhythm, he can play great football, but so can a ton of QBs. Wentz can be an elite QB who keeps us competitive year in and year out, and you can tell me how low those odds are based on his injury history, and I'll still take that gamble. 

I cannot believe I have to crap on Foles, I love that man, he is one of my favorite people, period. There is just such a dramatic difference in the level between him and Wentz when you look at what they can do. I'm not even talking Wentz's obvious superior athleticism and arm, but the mind. Foles may have icey veins, but Wentz's brain clearly operates at a quicker rate than Nick's and that is everything for a QB. 

33 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:
1 hour ago, Eagles23 said:

We gonna forget Foles didn't look good to start the season?

we gonna forget he won us the damn super bowl?

Nope, because  neither matters right now. He's  not the QBOTF for the Philadelphia  Eagles. 

However what he is doing is writing a ticket to whatever  team wants to pay the piper.

I'm curious IF/HOW we can get anything via trade? Do we dare pick up his option? Isn't it 20M? Or something  crazy like that?

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Nope, because  neither matters right now. He's  not the QBOTF for the Philadelphia  Eagles. 

However what he is doing is writing a ticket to whatever  team wants to pay the piper.

I'm curious IF/HOW we can get anything via trade? Do we dare pick up his option? Isn't it 20M? Or something  crazy like that?

It is 20M , and hell yes we should tag and trade him to Jax or Denver for a 3rd.

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

he just beat the rams and texans i think you mean second sir.

Even better, but I'd take a 3rd. Or two 3rd's in Jacksonville's case (They own their own 3rd and the Rams 3rd. I Think that's good value for Foles, but i'll gladly take a 2nd.)

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I am tempted at what the raiders could offer for Carson though. We could build a dream team around Nick. 

Wentz isn't going anywhere, even if the Raiders offer us all 3 1st's, plus their 2020 1st. Doug loves Wentz like Lurie loves Howie. Even if Foles wins another SB, I don't think Doug would let Howie trade Wentz.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Wentz isn't going anywhere, even if the Raiders offer us all 3 1st's, plus their 2020 1st. Doug loves Wentz like Lurie loves Howie. Even of Foles wins another SB, I don't think Doug would let Howie trade Wentz.

If nick foles wins the superbowl this year and that could very well happen (if some plays or calls go on our way we're probably like 13-2) I think you have to keep Nick.

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

If nick foles wins the superbowl this year and that could very well happen (if some plays or calls go on our way we're probably like 13-2) I think you have to keep Nick.

The Vikings are going to win and make that scenario moot. What you need to ask is what can we get for Foles, because that's the guy who won't be here in a year. I'm hoping this incoming rookie QB class looks like crap at the combine (And the Giants take one in the 1st anyways).

We can pick up his option and cut him if need be, I’m pretty sure. But that was the whole deal this offseason. Instead of trading him to a team he didn’t want to go to, out of respect, we kept him here. What would be different this off season? I doubt Howie or Lurie let that happen. They would just outright release him before we trade him to some team he’d rather not join. 

Archived