It's time to commit to Nick / What to do with Foles?

Art_Vandalay

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I’m sure there a little something to it, but it seemed fairly sensationalized. As evidenced by how swiftly and definitively so many people who have been in that building dumped cold water on it.

Looking at who hasn’t said anything, seems like the wideouts are pissy. Which I don’t think shocks anyone after this season. 

It’s a narrative that gets strung for every QB like Wentz. The Foles of it all isn’t helping. I don’t think it’s worth getting worked up about yet.

I do think he’s not been as cool about Foles getting us our first SB ring as he’s let on. You saw the complex emotions he was going through after we won.

The wideouts didn't have anything bad to say when he was an MVP candidate, and throwing all over the place. Nelson and Alshon both had really good season. 

This stuff is kind of ridiculous. Not really worried.

8 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

The guy who wrote that article was the guy that broke the desean jackson issues too so he is credible.

Credible how? Because  he was right once upon a time? How many Click Bait articles has he written since? Would anyone be talking about him in the slightest,  if the article was so inflammatory? Answer is No!!

Its why most "unnamed sources" are a joke. You say it, stand up and say it. 

In the end it doesn't matter because  Carson Wentz will be a Eagle long after anyone who possibly said this remains a Eagle. 

The article makes some sense...

Its not just about pissy wideouts, the article talks of OL and RBs being upset as well the concern is if he's doing the Willie Beamen checking out of plays to play the favorite card. We all seen him look off the easy check down to throw into coverage. We all seen him audible out of plays that result into 5 yard targets for Ertz.  

If he's saying he doesn't want to run Foles stuff or something to that tune he's going against coaching. Not sure how Groh plays into that when DougieP is calling plays. 

The one thing about the article that doesn't seem likely is Carson being a disruptive force while it was Foles' turn to work.

I'm fine with a little ego, thats what helps great players play great. I'm not ok if we go into the season next year and we're seeing 2018 Carson. That wont help this team going forward  

I feel like there’s some validity here but I think there’s also a lot of moving parts in the story. Reich did throw a little shade at Carson on his way out. And there was that unhappy player (Alshon) in that story that came out earlier. Gotta feel that Agholor wasn’t real happy about his usage. I can see certain aspects of the story being true but I doubt most players feel that way.

Bottom line is that Howie will retool, get a quality OC (maybe Duce at this point), hopefully get some weapons in here, particularly the run game, Carson will be completely healthy and have the whole training camp to put his stamp on the offense. And it should be a lot better. If it’s not, we have a problem. 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I feel like there’s some validity here but I think there’s also a lot of moving parts in the story. Reich did throw a little shade at Carson on his way out. And there was that unhappy player (Alshon) in that story that came out earlier. Gotta feel that Agholor wasn’t real happy about his usage. I can see certain aspects of the story being true but I doubt most players feel that way.

Bottom line is that Howie will retool, get a quality OC (maybe Duce at this point), hopefully get some weapons in here, particularly the run game, Carson will be completely healthy and have the whole training camp to put his stamp on the offense. And it should be a lot better. If it’s not, we have a problem. 

I didn´t know about Reich throwing shade. What did he say?

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

23 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I didn´t know about Reich throwing shade. What did he say?

I remember this...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-eagles-oc-frank-reich-carson-wentz-ignored-coaches-when-told-to-avoid-contact/

"It definitely went in one ear and out the other early on," former Eagles offensive coordinator and new Colts coach Frank Reich said....We would say to him, 'Hey, you just need to kind of back off on some of this tackling stuff.'

"And he didn't quite say it like this, but it was essentially, 'No. I'm not backing off. This is me. This is how I play.'"

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

This is essentially it. There were a LOT of factors that contributed to performance this season. Have to give it next year to see how it shakes out. Hopefully they can all get on the same page. 

20 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I do think there's validity to this. I don't think it's a huge problem though. Carson won't be thin on motivation next year. "The team is better with Foles, Carson is selfish, Carson is fragile..." Ideally, this makes him smarter and more focused.

Or, he plays with the idea to prove something to the naysayers and forces things. QBotF is a 1 year wonder. 

Dayum I'm pessimistic in nature

Fingers crossed for a smarter, more focused Carson going forward 

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

Or, he plays with the idea to prove something to the naysayers and forces things. QBotF is a 1 year wonder. 

Dayum I'm pessimistic in nature

Fingers crossed for a smarter, more focused Carson going forward 

Honestly, I think that's the most likely outcome. He tries too hard, has a couple of bad games, media is all like, "Why can't you be more like BDN bro", he gets irritated, starts trying to truck LBs, and breaks/tears something for the 5th year in a row. I think we'll see which Carson we're getting by the end of September.

6 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Didn’t Doug just commit to Groh as the OC? I know he got a lot of heat this season, but the anonymous player said that the general consensus on the team is that he’s a good coach but didn’t know how to handle Carson. 

3 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Didn’t Doug just commit to Groh as the OC? I know he got a lot of heat this season, but the anonymous player said that the general consensus on the team is that he’s a good coach but didn’t know how to handle Carson. 

I guess. I don’t know how he could be considered safe though. Offense was average at best this season. With no real commitment to the run game. 

Archived