It's time to commit to Nick / What to do with Foles?

Art_Vandalay

13 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

we already won the super bowl bro who cares?

People who don't want to be remembered in the same breath as the Tampa Bay Bucs, 1 and done. 

It's about winning another in the next 10 years. Not waiting another 50. 

Highly competitive is one thing, you still need a great team to win a chip...like the McNabb years we're being carried by above avg QB play and a Defense. 

I feel our window is being held open by a flimsy piece of wood, lots of guys in their prime or teetering near the cliff.  

On 1/30/2019 at 1:07 PM, nlesthought said:

Highly competitive is one thing, you still need a great team to win a chip...like the McNabb years we're being carried by above avg QB play and a Defense. 

I feel our window is being held open by a flimsy piece of wood, lots of guys in their prime or teetering near the cliff.  

It really baffles me how good we were back then. we had a top 5/6 QB granted, but the defence used to give up a LOT of yards and we weren't exactly well known for getting to the QB. And as for the skill position players... (Westy excluded). Solid o-line i guess. 

22 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

It really baffles me how good we were back then. we had a top 5/6 QB granted, but the defence used to give up a LOT of yards and we weren't exactly well known for getting to the QB. And as for the skill position players... (Westy excluded). Solid o-line i guess. 

We weren't that good outside of the Defense , McNabb and RB's. No WR worth there salt outside of TO in 04'. TE sucked outside of a reliable  Chad Lewis but he was nothing special. Crap from the skilled positions!

I know people love to hate on McNabb but I still contend , Only Tom Brady did more with less to work with then Donovan McNabb. Name me someone else with his numbers and surrounding cast, please? It's a absolute shame how Andy and this FO failed to surround  him properly his entire career outside of the RB position.  Once again Superman Complex in full effect because he was still able to make it work.

This FO recognized instantly  that mistake and brought in Alshon, year two for Wentz, drafted another TE in Goedert year 3, traded for Tate, brought in Wallace. At least are attempting to find weapons to surround  their FQB not named Freddy Mitchell, Reggie Brown, James Trash, LJ hands of stone Smith, Ect.

GD Shame what was wasted in the 2000's. To this day I hate to imagine the numbers and SB's Won (Plural) for McNabb had the Organization  not drafted Freddy Mitchell in the 1st but took any of these 3 players available afterwards for a decade......

Reggie Wayne

Steve Smith

Chad Johnson

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

We weren't that good outside of the Defense , McNabb and RB's. No WR worth there salt outside of TO in 04'. TE sucked outside of a reliable  Chad Lewis but he was nothing special. Crap from the skilled positions!

I know people still hate McNabb but I still contend , Only Tom Brady did more with less to work with then Donovan McNabb. Name me someone else with his numbers and surrounding cast, please? It's a absolute shame how Andy and this FO failed to surround  him properly his entire career outside of the RB position.  Once again Superman Complex in full effect because he was still able to make it work.

This FO recognized instantly  that mistake and brought in Alshon, year two for Wentz, drafted another TE in Goedert year 3, traded for Tate, brought in Wallace. At least are attempting to find weapons to surround  their FQB not named Freddy Mitchell, Reggie Brown, James Trash, LJ hands of stone Smith, Ect.

GD Shame what was wasted in the 2000's. To this day I hate to imagine the numbers and SB's Won (Plural) for McNabb had the Organization  not drafted Freddy Mitchell in the 1st but took any of these 3 players available afterwards for a decade......

Reggie Wayne

Steve Smith

Chad Johnson

Not to mention that Andy seems to have been scared to death to draft 1st round WR after Mitchell. We didn´t draft a 1st round WR until Maclin.

I still get angry when I remembered we went DT with our first pick in three out of four years. 

21 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Not to mention that Andy seems to have been scared to death to draft 1st round WR after Mitchell. We didn´t draft a 1st round WR until Maclin.

I still get angry when I remembered we went DT with our first pick in three out of four years. 

How hype we all were with Bunkley LOLOLLOLOOLOLOOL

17 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I know people love to hate on McNabb but I still contend , Only Tom Brady did more with less to work with then Donovan McNabb. Name me someone else with his numbers and surrounding cast, please? It's a absolute shame how Andy and this FO failed to surround  him properly his entire career outside of the RB position.  Once again Superman Complex in full effect because he was still able to make it work.

Reggie Wayne

Steve Smith

Chad Johnson

McNabb had Reggie Brown for a couple of years and couldn’t get anything done. That guy was a stud too, bad look for Donovan 

2 hours ago, RBreezy said:

McNabb had Reggie Brown for a couple of years and couldn’t get anything done. That guy was a stud too, bad look for Donovan 

Most QBs would consider themselves blessed to have played with "Down Town Reggie Brown."

Archived