It's time to commit to Nick / What to do with Foles?

Art_Vandalay

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

A GM only has 1 year to decide if the fit works, why would they mortgage 3 first round picks? 

carson has two years left on his deal and you trade for him and commit to him like there is no fit. You build around him.

He is an upgrade on 2/3s of the teams in the league and half the other third would be interested because their qbs are old.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

carson has two years left on his deal and you trade for him and commit to him like there is no fit. You build around him.

He is an upgrade on 2/3s of the teams in the league and half the other third would be interested because their qbs are old.

You got 1 and then the 5th year option @ 26m. If you trade for him and his new offense/coach don't fit what then. 

You are talking like 90% of analyst, I'm sure the Raiders built around Carr before his new deal. MOfF ALL decent QBs with a future have been built around. Do they live up to those expectations? Naw not really. 

Its why its called Black Monday...QBs have been getting GMs/Coaching staffs fired for years. 

I'm sure they built around Matt Ryan. 

2 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

You got 1 and then the 5th year option @ 26m. If you trade for him and his new offense/coach don't fit what then. 

You are talking like 90% of analyst, I'm sure the Raiders built around Carr before his new deal. MOfF ALL decent QBs with a future have been built around. Do they live up to those expectations? Naw not really. 

Its why its called Black Monday...QBs have been getting GMs/Coaching staffs fired for years. 

I'm sure they built around Matt Ryan. 

you think really lowly of carson its kind of weird. You feeling ok bud?

It’s funny how just a couple games changes everything with some people. People forget Nick played two games earlier this year and were not very good while Carson played MVP ball all year last year. Most people would have been thrilled if the Jaguars traded for Foles mid season and we got a 2nd or so. All of a sudden, admittedly for solid reasoning, we’re ready to throw Caron out? He’s clearly the better QB and has to be the answer going forward. Franchise QBs don’t fall off trees. Carson back to full health is someone we can ride with for the next decade. You can’t get rid of that. Just enjoy the ride Nick is giving us and let him go after. It’s the only way it should be. 

17 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Not low...I like Carson I'd like to think I'm a realist too, no smart person is going to give up 3 first for a QB that's only had 1 season of above .500 play 

We got a 1st and change for an old, underachieving, injury prone Sam Bradford. Carson is already better than Sam ever was. There would absolutely be a team willing to give up that much. Especially in this years QB class. 

9 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s funny how just a couple games changes everything with some people. People forget Nick played two games earlier this year and were not very good while Carson played MVP ball all year last year. Most people would have been thrilled if the Jaguars traded for Foles mid season and we got a 2nd or so. All of a sudden, admittedly for solid reasoning, we’re ready to throw Caron out? He’s clearly the better QB and has to be the answer going forward. Franchise QBs don’t fall off trees. Carson back to full health is someone we can ride with for the next decade. You can’t get rid of that. Just enjoy the ride Nick is giving us and let him go after. It’s the only way it should be. 

Say it again for the people in the back! 

On 1/1/2019 at 7:57 AM, Art_Vandalay said:

We got a 1st and change for an old, underachieving, injury prone Sam Bradford. Carson is already better than Sam ever was. There would absolutely be a team willing to give up that much. Especially in this years QB class. 

Another reason I don't see Carson being traded. Teams have seen how that played out, Carson is an injury prone young QB with upside. Sam was an underachieving injury prone 28yr old QB who showed flashes in his 14 starts in Philly. 

The only deal on the table for Foles was to Cleveland for a 2nd. I'm pretty positive they still would've drafted a QB in the first. 

On 1/1/2019 at 5:41 AM, Jroc04 said:

you can't turn your back on a two time superbowl winner 

Archived