It's time to commit to Nick / What to do with Foles?

Art_Vandalay

As long as ego doesn’t get in the way, we could hypothetically keep nick and Carson next year. Put Carson on the bench. Create some contract for Nick with a lot of upfront money that we can get out of in 2020 if need be. Or really, tag Nick for another year, see if he can do it for a whole season and then make a decision after. If he fails, sign Carson long term. If he’s the BDN that we love, trade Carson. It’s gonna get real muddy if he wins another SB or performs really well in the post season. 

I’m still on the commit to Carson train. If we can somehow squeeze another SB out of Nick, I think that’s all you can do. The chances he gets another are insane, the chances he gets 3 or more are astronomical. I don’t think pushing our luck is the way to go. Rolling with Carson and putting yourself in the playoffs for the next decade is my preference. Riding the Nick bus has the potential to be disastrous, IMO. 

I think unless Carson Wentz wins 2 Super Bowls the Eagles fanbase is kinda screwed. It's the Colts Luck vs. Peyton situation all over again. Except Foles doesn't have a neck issue and nearing 40. So...I don't know I go with what you know you have. Foles won you a title, your only title. Keep him and trade Wentz for a ransom.

Just now, Eagles23 said:

The trade Wentz talk is just insane Imo. Ask any fanbase who'd they'd rather have from the Eagles 99/100 they're taking Wentz.

Still holding out hope Wentz comes back this year and wins the Superbowl

banjamin albright actually think it will take 2 firsts to get wentz 

27 minutes ago, x0x said:

Foles won you a title, your own title. Keep him and trade Wentz for a ransom.

I don't get why so many Eagles fans are against this idea. He's 9-1 filling in for Wentz in meaningful games including 4-0 in the postseason with a SB MVP. The amount of criticism (fair or not) Wentz receives whenever he goes through a rough patch will be insane. Foles is setting an unreachable bar.

11 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I don't get why so many Eagles fans are against this idea. He's 9-1 filling in for Wentz in meaningful games including 4-0 in the postseason with a SB MVP. The amount of criticism (fair or not) Wentz receives whenever he goes through a rough patch will be insane. Foles is setting an unreachable bar.

What's most intriguing is how Philadelphia hasn't struggled with decades of terrible QBs. Cunningham, McNabb, Vick, Foles when he was an all-pro. And with a long title drought ended they want to go with the guy who hasn't won any playoff games? It's bizarre from a Phily perspective to be honest. If this was the 76ers or Flyers I don't think you'd have so much commitment with a would be young player.

43 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

The trade Wentz talk is just insane Imo. Ask any fanbase who'd they'd rather have from the Eagles 99/100 they're taking Wentz.

Yeah but can you explain the reasoning? Wentz has consistent injury issues now and in 3 seasons is 23-17. The TD ratio is nice but a product of the era. He's not putting up these numbers in the 90s for example. So it's the victories that should stand out.

Wentz was the MVP last year. Foles was incredible last year. What should I expect going forward more? Wentz over the course of 2017 or Foles insanely magical run in the postseason. There’s a reason why Nick keeps being praised as magic or a saint or using his monster wang to channel power from. It’s all great but it’s almost a real fairytale. I will say, if he wins another SB, you have to consider keeping him. Not necessarily dumping Wentz but keeping both somehow. 

Btw, Nick played about as good as you’d like today, but the defense won that game. If Chicago had a better offense, we lose and this conversation is over. Nick had some bad moments. Not that other QBs wouldn’t against the Bears but he was pedestrian today. 

38 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Wentz was the MVP last year. Foles was incredible last year. What should I expect going forward more? Wentz over the course of 2017 or Foles insanely magical run in the postseason. There’s a reason why Nick keeps being praised as magic or a saint or using his monster wang to channel power from. It’s all great but it’s almost a real fairytale. I will say, if he wins another SB, you have to consider keeping him. Not necessarily dumping Wentz but keeping both somehow. 

Btw, Nick played about as good as you’d like today, but the defense won that game. If Chicago had a better offense, we lose and this conversation is over. Nick had some bad moments. Not that other QBs wouldn’t against the Bears but he was pedestrian today. 

doug also caters his offense to play to nicks strengths so we know we have the coach that can win with nick.

42 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

How many think we win the Superbowl last year with 19 games of Nick Foles?

We probably don't but I think that run at the end which included a SB MVP did wonders for Nick's psyche.

Does anyone think we win 4 in a row down the stretch with Carson this year? Three of which were against division winners?

Archived