It's time to commit to Nick / What to do with Foles?

Art_Vandalay

1) More magical
2) More durable
3) More clutch.
4) More endowed

I think Carson's better a QB, but not a better fit for this team. And if he can't stay healthy in his early/mid 20's, how do you trust him going forward? The QB class this year is awful and Carson still has a ton of trade value. Pay Nick and get a couple of 1st rounders and change for Carson. Easy decision in my book, guys.

Another SB MVP, thats literally  the only way you even entertain this scenario. 

You say better fit but Why is it Doug Changes his offense to fit Nick but not ask a Better more talented QB like Wentz, to do this very same offense?

That I dont understand. Well I do because it's the same crap Andy did with McNabb and his version of a "Superman" Complex.

I love Foles for his run last year but he is not a better QB then Carson Wentz. Better question is, Why can't Doug adapt his offense/playcalling to Wentz's strengths like he continues to do for Foles?

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I love Foles for his run last year but he is not a better QB then Carson Wentz. Better question is, Why can't Doug adapt his iffense/playcalling to Wentz's strengths like he continues to do for Foles?

Nick threw the ball 49 times yesterday and the running game was pretty bad. The difference is Nick can take a hit without his bones cracking.

17 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Sorry guys, I was up all night Googling images of Nicky. Let me ask this though... What does Nick have to do in order to convince you he's a better fit? Deep playoff run? SB appearance? Another SB MVP?

If somehow that happens, Doug has to go and take Nick and we get a new coach that can run an offense not predicated on RPOs and can cater to Carson’s strengths. It is pretty amazing that when Carson goes down, Doug starts running on offense that works well with his QB. But when he has the more talented QB, he runs the offense completely predictable. Plus, Wentz was hurt or recovering from a knee injury all year. 

Bottom line, you don’t get rid of Wentz in favor or Foles. You mold your team around the more talented player for the next 15 years. Get a coach that understands that, get an OC that understands that and get weapons that better suit his talents. 

Foles’ story is amazing already. And just that much more if he continues this run but he’s not a franchise QB. The longer he plays the more he’ll expose himself. 

We act like if Foles can somehow squeeze another SB out of this, it’s somehow some kind of a waste or loss.  It would be back to back SBs! It’s a win. It’s not as if Foles goes to (insert team) and would continue winning SBs. Even the greatest QBs of all time couldn’t replicate that. This goes beyond talent. It’s just some devine something. A stroke of fortune never to be duplicated. The more we push it, the more it’ll reveal to be a false prophet. 

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Except that time he took a hit and his bones cracked (see 2014 against the Texans, the last time he was "the guy" here)

Broken wrist in 2015. Broken ribs in 2016. Torn ACL/LCL in 2017. Broken back in 2018...

Everyone who thinks Carson is this 10+ year starter, please tell me how that's going to happen. You don't get less injury prone and have a quicker recovery time as you age. I think we should sell when the stock is high. Otherwise, I see this as a situation where we let him play out his contract, maybe franchise him in year 6, then let him go because he's so broken down.

6 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

If somehow that happens, Doug has to go and take Nick and we get a new coach that can run an offense not predicated on RPOs and can cater to Carson’s strengths. It is pretty amazing that when Carson goes down, Doug starts running on offense that works well with his QB. But when he has the more talented QB, he runs the offense completely predictable. Plus, Wentz was hurt or recovering from a knee injury all year. 

Bottom line, you don’t get rid of Wentz in favor or Foles. You mold your team around the more talented player for the next 15 years. Get a coach that understands that, get an OC that understands that and get weapons that better suit his talents. 

Foles’ story is amazing already. And just that much more if he continues this run but he’s not a franchise QB. The longer he plays the more he’ll expose himself. 

This.  Its mindboggling what Pederson is changing because Foles is at QB but cant figure out what best fits Wentz. His Philosophy  and playcalling was atrocious  the first 3/4 of the season. 

Boggling!

Archived