It's time to commit to Nick / What to do with Foles?

Art_Vandalay

How many great games did Nick Foles have tho? 

He didnt do much to finish the Rams game when Carson went down. We can give him a pass on that. He played ok against a weak Giants team, struggled against the Raiders, struggled twice against the Falcons, bad game against the Bucs, and now this Bears game. 

We cant just pretend Foles goes Super Saiyan every time he touches the field

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

If you guys trade Carson Wentz are you going to make a bunch of dumb "haul" jokes again all year?

Wrong QB, and Yes! As I said before all Foles is doing is possibly forcing the organization  into Tagging him in Hope's of trading instead of letting  him walk freely.

Teams will call.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

No it wouldn't.  We need Josh Allen. The drop-off in DE talent after Bosa/Allen is much bigger than the drop off in DT talent after Quinnen. Maybe he went 2nd or 3rd in their mock though. 

21 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

No it wouldn't.  We need Josh Allen. The drop-off in DE talent after Bosa/Allen is much bigger than the drop off in DT talent after Quinnen. Maybe he went 2nd or 3rd in their mock though. 

yeah, harder to get elite rushers...but man.
Him and Fletch next to each other, in this scheme....christ. 

57 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

yeah, harder to get elite rushers...but man.
Him and Fletch next to each other, in this scheme....christ. 

I think Fletch next to Jeff Simmons would be just about as good. 

Take Josh Allen,  then trade up from 32 and take Simmons, or stay at 32 and take a Clemson DT or Gerald Willis. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I think Fletch next to Jeff Simmons would be just about as good. 

Take Josh Allen,  then trade up from 32 and take Simmons, or stay at 32 and take a Clemson DT or Gerald Willis. 

yeah i agree, looking forward to watching more tape on the DTs after the season.
Helluva class.

I haven't done my research on all the DL coming out, but why a DT? I think DE is more of a position that needs upgrading. Long, BG and Bennett are all 30+ 

Sweat and Barnett are coming off injury, haven't seen Hall much but in mop up duty/ST 

I would roll with a healthy TimmyJ, Hester and Hector maybe another cheap run stuffing vet. 

at pick 25 (if we lose @saints ), the first tier of DE will be gone. maybe the same with OT. which leaves DT for me but only if we part ways with Jernigan. on the other hand 25 is the range where some of these WR are projected, so maybe we get us some hollywood? 

i like our secondary enough to wait for round 2 or 4 for some additions.

edit: aaaaand i just realised you were talking the scenario where we have the raiders pick. my bad :D at no. 4 there is only Clelin Ferrell for me.

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

I haven't done my research on all the DL coming out, but why a DT? I think DE is more of a position that needs upgrading. Long, BG and Bennett are all 30+ 

Sweat and Barnett are coming off injury, haven't seen Hall much but in mop up duty/ST 

I would roll with a healthy TimmyJ, Hester and Hector maybe another cheap run stuffing vet. 

Combo of they might move on from Timmy since his contract can be voided, they need a 3rd guy, and this is an incredible class of DTs this year.

DE certainly is more glaring, but there aren’t as many options to fill it.

I think there is a chance if we clear the board of money. (Trade BDN, Peters retires, etc) We address one of them in free agency...couple of Schwartz’ guys are vets you can get this offseason. I wonder if Chris comes back one more year or not.

Archived