It's time to commit to Nick / What to do with Foles?

Art_Vandalay

21 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Foles to Jacksonville for #7 and #69 this year and a 2020 2nd. We've seen worse trades for unproven quarterbacks, let alone a superbowl MVP whose played under Flip. The Jags have the extra 3 due to the Fowler trade too.

Jacksonville goes back to being a contender with Foles under center, the Eagles can fill holes with 5 picks in the first 70.

Sign me up. 

Btw, good to see you numbers. 

56 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Honest question Eagles nation,

Everyone seems to expect us to make a serious run at Nick Foles especially with the signing of Flip. Do you honestly think he will be successful for us? I feel like he benefited from being in a great system, had a strong OL and supporting cast etc so I am very concerned he is going to be a major flop for us since our offense doesnt have near the weapons that you do

I think Foles is actually a good player. He will always be streaky though. You have a good defense and O-line. You can go get some weapons in the draft and FA. He’ll lead and steady your team. He is a guy you want when things are tough in a season or a game. 

You guys are over selling what we might get in a trade. Just because  he might get tagged , doesn't mean we're getting some package involving 1st rd picks.

In the end Every team will know the Eagles have to trade him so the compensation will be less. ANY PICK in or around a 3rd should be considered gravy since before the season,  his trade value  was basically nil.

37 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You guys are over selling what we might get in a trade. Just because  he might get tagged , doesn't mean we're getting some package involving 1st rd picks.

In the end Every team will know the Eagles have to trade him so the compensation will be less. ANY PICK in or around a 3rd should be considered gravy since before the season,  his trade value  was basically nil.

That's not true, it was reported the browns offered the 33rd overall pick for him. That's essentially a 1st round pick, add in another strong season and his value around the league is at an all time high. You saying anything more than a 3rd is debatable, especially considering what teams have given up for lesser quarterbacks and unproven quarterbacks.

Hell Jacksonville hasn't had a viable starting quarterback since Mark Brunell, you telling me they wouldn't trade a premium pick on a QB when they've moved up and gave a decent amount to select Blaine Gabbert and then went with Blake Bortles with Chad Henne sandwiched in there? I would say in my opinion you're off base.

1 hour ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

That's not true, it was reported the browns offered the 33rd overall pick for him. That's essentially a 1st round pick, add in another strong season and his value around the league is at an all time high. You saying anything more than a 3rd is debatable, especially considering what teams have given up for lesser quarterbacks and unproven quarterbacks.

Hell Jacksonville hasn't had a viable starting quarterback since Mark Brunell, you telling me they wouldn't trade a premium pick on a QB when they've moved up and gave a decent amount to select Blaine Gabbert and then went with Blake Bortles with Chad Henne sandwiched in there? I would say in my opinion you're off base.

He wasn't on the Franchise Tag which is where I think he eventually  ends up in order to trade him. That alone changes the way team view a potential  trade. You think the Eagles want to or can afford to Tag Nick only to have him end up a Eagle in 2019 because  the "value" you're suggesting  isn't there? Teams will know  that!

They will have leverage  but not to the point they can fleece another Organization  IMO. Not while trying to accommodate Foles wishes and not send him to purgatory/ a city he truly doesn't want to go.

Unless they change their minds, I don't  believe  they'll  be able to do both. Accommodate/fleece.

4 hours ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Foles to Jacksonville for #7 and #69 this year and a 2020 2nd. We've seen worse trades for unproven quarterbacks, let alone a superbowl MVP whose played under Flip. The Jags have the extra 3 due to the Fowler trade too.

Jacksonville goes back to being a contender with Foles under center, the Eagles can fill holes with 5 picks in the first 70.

This would be an amazing trade for the Birds.

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Foles for Fournette and a pick. Let’s get it done Howie. 

This would also be a great trade. 

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Honest question Eagles nation,

Everyone seems to expect us to make a serious run at Nick Foles especially with the signing of Flip. Do you honestly think he will be successful for us? I feel like he benefited from being in a great system, had a strong OL and supporting cast etc so I am very concerned he is going to be a major flop for us since our offense doesnt have near the weapons that you do

I think a lot of your players will look a whole lot better with a QB. Nick is good with anticipation throws and highpoint throws.
So Lee and Chark good get some bombs to them on a regular basis, and a guy like Moncrief and the TE would be your high point guys.

Moving Nick around to set up the play action with Fournette (if he's still there) could help things too.

I will say it's not as easy of a fit, Flip and Nick. I think they know and like eachother...but It was seemingly more Doug and Reich that he really attributed his resurgence too.
I vaguely remember it being a thing in his book that he didn't really talk about Flip much compared to the other guys. But Flip know first hand how to coach to get the best Nick you can get, so it's definitely not nothing. But if he somehow is a free agent I don't think Jags will be granted a ton more consideration because of Flip. Who knows.

10 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think Foles is actually a good player. He will always be streaky though. You have a good defense and O-line. You can go get some weapons in the draft and FA. He’ll lead and steady your team. He is a guy you want when things are tough in a season or a game. 

I dont think the OL is very good at all. Losing Cam Robinson to injury and Parnell getting crushed by speed rushers all day means our OTs could be in trouble. Linder is still great and Norwell is better than most albeit vastly overpaid since he got beat/penalized way too much for his contract

I will say the 2nd bolded statement is comforting since every once in a while it hits the fan and while the defense responds, the offense rarely does

8 hours ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

While the Gabbert trade up was horrendous from pre-draft to present that was a completely different regime so its hard to really throw that in there. Its not that the current staff is trying to fix the Gabbert mistake of a pick. As far as Bortles, while Caldwell is the GM it does seem like he is a bit of a puppet for TC now

3 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

#7 they might grab a QB, Haskins has been running a college style (DeFlip) offense. 

I personally don't think he's of great value there but QBs always get bumped up even if they aren't considered starting caliber. 

Yeah definitely a chance, only thing you’d hope for on our end is they see a window with a great D slipping away and try to get a guy like Foles who can win now. While it suck bigger picture for us, Giants being in front of them means they might have to make a move for a QB regardless. Especially with the Broncos within striking distance at #10. 

Weirdly trading Nick to Jacksonville could hurt us more because it makes the Giants job of getting a QBotF much easier.

Archived