It's time to commit to Nick / What to do with Foles?

Art_Vandalay

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

doug also caters his offense to play to nicks strengths so we know we have the coach that can win with nick.

Well there's  your answer then. Give me a HC who isn't Stupid enough to do the same thing for the better QB.

Why hasn't Doug catered  his Offense to Wentz's  strengths? Answer,  because he believes  Carson  can do any and everything rather then asking him to do the obvious.

Its Andy Reid and McNabb 2.0!

Reid-Garcia

Reid-Feeley

Reid-Kolb

Reid-Vick

Same thing is going on here.

Pederson-Foles

Pederson-Sudfeld

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

but if we are winning playoff games who cares if he doesnt use the better qb right?

It’s a good point but don’t you think Carson is the more talented QB? 

I don’t think we have to make it more complicate than that. Who’s better? 

Is it really Dougie P catering to Foles or Foles being better suited to run the offense?? He's not hesitant. Some of those throws under duress yesterday. He anticipates throws, again I like Carson but he doesn't make those throws. 

Yes Foles does sucky vs zone. It makes him hold the ball longer than he wants to. A man coverage team in NO, he should have success. I'm hopeful. 

37 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Some of those throws under duress yesterday. He anticipates throws, again I like Carson but he doesn't make those throws. 

You clearly are forgetting most of the throws just like those you describe he made all of last season. 

Anyone Judging him this year coming off ACL/MCL/Back is just absurd to me. Sorry.

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You clearly are forgetting most of the throws just like those you describe he made all of last season. 

Anyone Judging him off this year coming off ACL/MCL/Back is just absurd to me. Sorry.

I'm judging his ability to stay healthy sure...he's hasn't cleared that rep yet. Carson set a high bar going forward based on his play last season. Again I'm not saying trade Carson I'm saying resign BDN and when Carson wants to go hunting or gets hurt we have a quality backup. Or tag/trade BDN to the highest bidder. 

Yes BDN would be stupid to sign a low dollar contract  

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s a good point but don’t you think Carson is the more talented QB? 

I don’t think we have to make it more complicate than that. Who’s better? 

carson is better which is why he;s worth more in a trade. We can win with Nick we know that we can win easier with Nick by trading carson for players and picks.

32 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

carson is better which is why he;s worth more in a trade. We can win with Nick we know that we can win easier with Nick by trading carson for players and picks.

I can’t argue with the logic. However, I’d invest and roll the dice on Carson going forward. His potential projects above Foles and that’s really enough for me. I can’t fathom another SB and if Nick brings it home I cant responsibly make an argument against him. But I’d like to keep Carson for the long term. Even if it’s over two time champ Nick Foles. 

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Anyone Judging him this year coming off ACL/MCL/Back is just absurd to me. Sorry.

Agreed, hell you don´t even have to go that far. The Carson throw to Ertz against the Redskins was all anticipation and ability to put it into tight windows.

If anything Nick is far more risk averse than Carson. Yesterday was an anomaly by Nick on the second INT.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Stupidity at its finest. 

Yeah, the obvious choice is to go with the injury prone dude over the guy that does nothing but win big games. I mean yeah, Nick's elite on the big stage but he can't throw the ball 50 yards while falling down.

Posted this in NFL Gen but felt like it needed to be posted here.....

After the 2nd season, I envisioned a slightly better Ben Roethlisberger. You get caught up in the hype and all these ridiculous plays he's making (basically every time he plays the Skins) that if you step back and take a deep breath, you start to see he's on more of a Cam Newton career trajectory. That's not a shot at Cam. I love Cam. But you get this one out-of-this-world season and you convince yourself it's sustainable. Then each year passes and although he's playing well, he never returns to that elite level whether it be due to nagging injuries or the fact that the one season was frankly just an anomaly. 

If Carson stays and Nick leaves, the fans are going to have these unrealistic expectations that lead to the fanbase constantly whining and complaining that he can't do what Nick did. And Carson year after year, after every rough patch, is going to have to respond to irrational local media questions/comments as to why he can't duplicate that 2017 season or do what Nick did. Eagles fans, if you think rationally, you know I'm right.

Archived