Leonard Williams

jetsfan4life51

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

This has been brewing for me.  Not because of the punch.  

Supporting his HC is a big negative.  Bowles is trash.

And this is by far the most ludicrous comment you could’ve ever posted. I don’t want to come off as disrespectful, but what do you really expect a player to do? It looks 10x worse if a player doesn’t support his coach.

7 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

And this is by far the most ludicrous comment you could’ve ever posted. I don’t want to come off as disrespectful, but what do you really expect a player to do? It looks 10x worse if a player doesn’t support his coach.

"I think if we get rid of some of our head pieces -- like our GM and head coach -- then I think it would definitely take some steps back," Williams said.

"I would tell people that Todd Bowles is definitely the right guy," Williams said. "You know, I feel like we've definitely been building in the right direction.

Williams also believes that the Jets are close to putting it all together. He said they "have all the right pieces," but it's just "small little things that we need to put together" in order to start winning games.

---

Well I think it's ludicrous to come out as a player and say this.  Bowles has been one of the worst coaches in our history.  Meanwhile we have Jamal Adams who makes a much bigger impact AND tells the media how he's sick of losing. Not saying Oh Bowles is the right guy we're almost there.  It's the most undisciplined team I've watched. The only reason we have taken a step forward is because of Darnold.  He has NOTHING on offense. This team needs to change and I stand by my comment, I'd rather trade Leo (who we will overpay) for a pick to have a shot at a difference maker on offense.

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

"I think if we get rid of some of our head pieces -- like our GM and head coach -- then I think it would definitely take some steps back," Williams said.

"I would tell people that Todd Bowles is definitely the right guy," Williams said. "You know, I feel like we've definitely been building in the right direction.

Williams also believes that the Jets are close to putting it all together. He said they "have all the right pieces," but it's just "small little things that we need to put together" in order to start winning games.

---

Well I think it's ludicrous to come out as a player and say this.  Bowles has been one of the worst coaches in our history.  Meanwhile we have Jamal Adams who makes a much bigger impact AND tells the media how he's sick of losing. Not saying Oh Bowles is the right guy we're almost there.  It's the most undisciplined team I've watched. The only reason we have taken a step forward is because of Darnold.  He has NOTHING on offense. This team needs to change and I stand by my comment, I'd rather trade Leo (who we will overpay) for a pick to have a shot at a difference maker on offense.

The ugly loss increased the volume of calls for Todd Bowles' head coaching job. Jets safety Jamal Adams says those calls are nothing but hogwash.

"Again, T. Bowles is not the problem," Adams said after the loss, per the New York Daily News. "I'm going to ride with T. Bowles until the end. I don't care what the fans say. I'm going to support my coach through thick and thin."

Getting on a player for supporting his coaching staff and buying into the program is what someone who has never played high level team sports does.  It shows you don't "get it" and what a "team mentally:" is all about.  While I want Bowles gone, I have all the respect for the guys on the team that are supporting him and not running the other way.  That shows true character and are guys you want on a team. 

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

SMH what is wrong with these guys. >:( I'd love to know what the problem is then.

Talent. 

This is not a talented team. 

The areas we suck at are also the most vital in terms of long term success. 

No pass rush

Below average O-Line

These players know Bowles puts them in positions to be successful but execution is down right dreadful. That’s a players issue. 

Darnold was clearly in over his head early on but you see what sitting did and it helped Bates open things up and we’ve seen how good Darnold has been. But if Bowles sat him early on he’d be criticized. 

Bowles gets criticized for clock management(deserved), punting in crucial spots(questionable but I kinda get it) and the teams overall execution(unfair, he can’t make plays for guys)

We just lack talent, top end talent, talent in key positions and only have 1 game changing talent so far in Adams. 

Keeping Macc is franchise malpractice at this point but obviously fans want Bowles gone because the team hasn’t won even though this is technically only year 2 of the rebuild after Woody’s win now mandate during the first two years.

Leo is a very good player and only 24 years old. As of now I wouldn’t trade him. However If we could get a a first for him I wouldn’t complain but with this current draft class loaded with interior defensive linemen, I don’t think it’s possible.

He is scheduled to make  a lot of money next year but it’s not going to adversely affect our cap. I want to see how he fits in the the new HC and DC plans. Trading him could leave a giant void on the D Line. I don’t know if  Shepherd has shown enough for us to believe he can play full time as Anderson has almost doubled his snaps. We have  Pennel but he is a 330 pound NT. Anderson and McLendon are free agents. (IMO we really need to resign both, especially Anderson.). 

The fly in the ointment might be that Leo will probably want a contract extension at the end of the season. If negotiations go bad Mac, or whoever, could decide he’s not worth the money and decide to trade him. In that case we might be looking at a late 2nd or 3rd. That imo would be foolish.

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Talent. 

This is not a talented team. 

The areas we suck at are also the most vital in terms of long term success. 

No pass rush

Below average O-Line

These players know Bowles puts them in positions to be successful but execution is down right dreadful. That’s a players issue. 

Darnold was clearly in over his head early on but you see what sitting did and it helped Bates open things up and we’ve seen how good Darnold has been. But if Bowles sat him early on he’d be criticized. 

Bowles gets criticized for clock management(deserved), punting in crucial spots(questionable but I kinda get it) and the teams overall execution(unfair, he can’t make plays for guys)

We just lack talent, top end talent, talent in key positions and only have 1 game changing talent so far in Adams. 

Keeping Macc is franchise malpractice at this point but obviously fans want Bowles gone because the team hasn’t won even though this is technically only year 2 of the rebuild after Woody’s win now mandate during the first two years.

Macc, took over the Jets, Jan 13 2015. Between Rex"s defensive and Macc getting Decker & Marshall, we were a playoff team. But after that it was all down hill, In 2016 we were 5-11, in 2017 we were 5-11, in 2018 we are going to be 4-12. I have no idea what is going to happen to Bowles, & Macc, after Sundays game. As much I think Macc should be sea bagged, I am really curious how he will do with the 100 million we have in cap space. The draft is going to be tough with only one pick in the first 66 or so picks. The best scenario that could happen is we get a offensive minded offensive head coach, and get rid of Casey Rodgers and make  Bowles, the defensive coach,BUT THAT WILLL NEVER HAPPEN.

10 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

SMH what is wrong with these guys. >:( I'd love to know what the problem is then.

I think you’re take on this is off base. You want players that back their coach, even if it isn’t deserved. Unity is a powerful thing in sports.

13 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

I think you’re take on this is off base. You want players that back their coach, even if it isn’t deserved. Unity is a powerful thing in sports.

Obviously you want that but this is a different circumstance where Bowles is a freaking awful coach.  I loved when guys were behind Rex.

5 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Obviously you want that but this is a different circumstance where Bowles is a freaking awful coach.  I loved when guys were behind Rex.

You can’t just publicly call out or criticize your coach though. It’s a business.

He didn’t have to go as far as to say firing Bowles could have an effect on whether or not he resigns and it would be like “signing with another team” or whatever he said. 

Either way he can’t say anything openly negative about Bowles.

Archived