Leonard Williams

jetsfan4life51

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

You want to trade him for a high 2nd or low 1st, then I can understand. Williams is still a highly productive player, and if you think it isn't going to leave a void on that D-line, then he is clearly being undervalued. Also he is way more high character than being stated. In no way is he anything like Mo. Not against trading him, but letting him walk is a major step backwards. 

I agree the days of giving away top defensive lineman are OVER. I don't want to hear this crap that this player or that player don't fit the scheme. Make the scheme fit the player. Sheldon & Snacks have been playing well with their new teams.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

I agree the days of giving away top defensive lineman are OVER. I don't want to hear this crap that this player or that player don't fit the scheme. Make the scheme fit the player. Sheldon & Snacks have been playing well with their new teams.

Would take Sheldon back TODAY. Snacks too. Leo is still very talented. Tell me another player who gets double team just about EVERY and puts up the numbers. Don't say JJ Watt either, cause then you aren't paying attention. Leo is disruptive, and our DL went to absolute $#!T when he got ejected. If he wants elite money, trade him, otherwise you keep the few good players we have, and I mean few. 

6 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I'll take the Cowboys 1st and then sign Sheldon Back. That is a power move. 

I wouldn't be mad at that. The problem is with this draft class is that it's so loaded on defense, teams may not risk a 1st for a player like Leo. I think we can get their second. I would pull the trigger on that and look into trading Lee if his problem is bad. Leo had to stop him at an event and this test. If there is a character concern, it wouldn't surprise me if we traded him. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I wouldn't be mad at that. The problem is with this draft class is that it's so loaded on defense, teams may not risk a 1st for a player like Leo. I think we can get their second. I would pull the trigger on that and look into trading Lee if his problem is bad. Leo had to stop him at an event and this test. If there is a character concern, it wouldn't surprise me if we traded him. 

Which sucks because the only way to build your offensive line is through the draft. Nobody who is truly talented hits free agency. WHich scares me because Mikey Mac hasn't done a very good job outside of the first rounds before this year. The building of the line is the area that concerns me the most. I think we all assume its going to get fixed in FA and I just dont see it.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

Which sucks because the only way to build your offensive line is through the draft. Nobody who is truly talented hits free agency. WHich scares me because Mikey Mac hasn't done a very good job outside of the first rounds before this year. The building of the line is the area that concerns me the most. I think we all assume its going to get fixed in FA and I just dont see it.

I have my concerns too, but I can see us going after someone like Saffold from the Rams, then draft someone like Alex Bars, and a LT that can develop behind Beachum. 

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

I wouldn’t think so either but I wouldn’t have thought Cooper would fetch a 1. 

If we were offered a 1 for Leo we better take it. 

BIG difference between valuing a receiver who was close to elite 2 years ago to a 3-4 DE who has never been anything more than good. 

23 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Sometimes the takes on here are mind-boggling. The guy supports his HC and is one of the best leaders on the team, but makes an uncharacteristic mistake and he's trash? 

Leonard Williams is one of the best every down defensive lineman in football and is 24 years old. If it weren't for yesterday's ejection, he'd be just behind Aaron Donald in total snaps. He gets criticized because he's not Donald or Watt, which is totally unreasonable, but he's a great player. Improve the scheme and add some edge talent and as he improves, you'll see increased production on the stat sheet. 

If the Jets were to trade him, your not doing so anything short a 1st round pick in return. Otherwise totally dumb decision. 

This has been brewing for me.  Not because of the punch.  

Supporting his HC is a big negative.  Bowles is trash.

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

You want to trade him for a high 2nd or low 1st, then I can understand. Williams is still a highly productive player, and if you think it isn't going to leave a void on that D-line, then he is clearly being undervalued. Also he is way more high character than being stated. In no way is he anything like Mo. Not against trading him, but letting him walk is a major step backwards. 

Not saying he is Mo, just stating how when he came into the league Mo and Sheldon were his mentors.  I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he's not living up to his hype.  I'm taking a 2nd round pick for him and building around Darnold.  If we move to a 4-3 that will be a different story, but this defense has been successful with guys like DeVito and Kimo von Olhoeffen at DL lol.  I'd rather sacrifice him if it means a WR, DE/OLB or LT.

52 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

The entire team is undisciplined on the field.  We need to change the leadership, coaching and players.  I'm not feeling good if we end up extending him in the future.

And I think you need to take a closer look. He's the least penalized starter per snap on our defense over the past 4 years. He's our most productive pass rusher despite the lack of sack numbers. He's one of the hardest workers in the building.

I don't want to put words in your mouth but it seems like your biased against him is that he's not a double digit sack guy. Fletcher Cox, Akeim Hicks, Grady Jarrett are just some of the best interior pass rushers in the NFL without a 10 sack season. Calais Campbell was long considered one of the best DL in the NFL prior to signing with JAX... had averaged 6.2 sacks per season (over 9). Brandon Graham, an edge rusher, has never had over 10 sacks in a season and had 17 through his first 5 seasons, yet considered one of the best pass rushers in the NFL. 

It's not all about sacks. If you think Leonard Williams is anything but a good player you're grasping for straws; sure, you can argue he wasn't worth the 6th pick, but any other alternative that was available probably would've been a huge mistake. He may not be the sack artist you want, but he is a borderline elite player and will be a building block for this defense. Just be patient, let the guy develop, and he'll be a significant part of our defense for years to come.

Archived