Redskins Release Safety DJ Swearinger; Claimed by Cardinals

MKnight82

Wow, that's really big. Wasn't Swearinger good? I know he was cut from Houston partially because of his big mouth and attitude, but it didn't hurt that he wasn't good here, made the move that much easier to digest.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Wow, that's really big. Wasn't Swearinger good? I know he was cut from Houston partially because of his big mouth and attitude, but it didn't hurt that he wasn't good here, made the move that much easier to digest.

He is good.  This is a petty move by Bruce Allen who has lost control.  

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

safety seems to be the most scheme dependent position in the league we see safeties suck one place and be great another all the time. 

Or maybe they just take a long time to develop?

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

From my understanding, waivers don't apply to a player who has reached a certain veteran status.

I thought it did once you got to a certain point of the season. I could be wrong, but I thought like after week 12 or something, everyone went through waivers. 

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

I don’t think Jay Gruden is a bad HC, but how long can the Redskins keep him?  Seems like that whole team has fallen into disarray off the field.

I dunno - the team has been pretty competitive though despite starting a QB off the streets to start. Wouldve almost certainly been a playoff team if not for the injury to Alex smith.

Archived