Please Stop the Jimmy Graham Disgruntlement Thread

MacReady

Just now, packfanfb said:

It's also the same reason I wouldnt pay Jimmy Graham that same money in 2019. I'd move on.

You realize this makes no sense, right? 

No sense at all, right? 

Take a quick look at the tight ends available in free agency after this season. 

Then look at tight end rookies.

Then look at cutting Graham versus keeping Graham. 

It makes zero sense.

You're saving 5 million dollars if you cut him.  Which tight end is playing for us and playing better for us than Graham would at 5 million dollars next year?

None. 

Just now, gopackgo27 said:

Yep, that's exactly what we should do. Seriously man? That's your counter argument?

No, my argument is that if you start cutting players because they're not worth what they're being paid, Rodgers gets cut.  It makes no sense to judge a player based on what he earns given the nature of free agency in this league. 

Who gives a **** what Graham is getting paid if he's playing like a top ten TE? 

Seriously?  Who cares? 

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You realize this makes no sense, right? 

No sense at all, right? 

Take a quick look at the tight ends available in free agency after this season. 

Then look at tight end rookies.

Then look at cutting Graham versus keeping Graham. 

It makes zero sense.

You're saving 5 million dollars if you cut him.  Which tight end is playing for us and playing better for us than Graham would at 5 million dollars next year?

None. 

I just think Jimmy Graham is becoming more of a name than a player. He was slow af this year, the most important element of his game. I mean seriously, how many plays did Jimmy Graham make this year that even a guy like Lance Kendricks couldnt make? That's a serious question. Sure he catches passes on roll outs and play action, like any TE can, but seam routes where he stretched the field? 50/50 balls? Redzone threat? He didnt do any of that this year.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No, my argument is that if you start cutting players because they're not worth what they're being paid, Rodgers gets cut.  It makes no sense to judge a player based on what he earns given the nature of free agency in this league. 

Who gives a **** what Graham is getting paid if he's playing like a top ten TE? 

Seriously?  Who cares? 

Did you read the part where I said I've come around to the idea of Graham coming back next year? Guess not. And that's absolutely how it works. When you pay a guy to produce at an elite level and he has as many TDs as Geronimo Allison who missed 3/4 of the season, you start to evaluate your alternative options.

I'm not going to sit here and argue about Jimmy Graham all day but if you honestly think he's been "damn good" this year then how would you describe the play of Ertz, Kelce, Ebron, Kittle?

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

People are complaining that he isn't a top 3 TE.  It's ridiculous. 

xD

You literally quoted several stats that he's in the top 10 but nowhere near the top 3. Stat by stat you destroyed the 'he's a top 3 TE' and you don't even know it. 

Honestly, the way our offense chugged along this year..,,,,, Adams had a very good year, maybe great under the circumstances.

Other than that? Graham was arguably the next best producer.  I love Aaron Jones, but if he was being paid anything but rookie wages people would be screaming because you cannot count on him.  It isn't what Graham did or didn't  do, it's about his salary.  People expect that if you pay someone- they should produce AT THAT LEVEL.  It just doesn't work that way.  You pay them to get the in the door.  Getting people to Green Bay isn't as easy as people want to think.  We have to go a little extra to bring in talent.  That's why we overpay to keep what we have.

2 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Honestly, the way our offense chugged along this year..,,,,, Adams had a very good year, maybe great under the circumstances.

Other than that? Graham was arguably the next best producer.  I love Aaron Jones, but if he was being paid anything but rookie wages people would be screaming because you cannot count on him.  It isn't what Graham did or didn't  do, it's about his salary.  People expect that if you pay someone- they should produce AT THAT LEVEL.  It just doesn't work that way.  You pay them to get the in the door.  Getting people to Green Bay isn't as easy as people want to think.  We have to go a little extra to bring in talent.  That's why we overpay to keep what we have.

When people don't produce at the level you pay them, you have to decide if it is an aberration or a trend. Rodgers is an aberration IMO and we couldn't move on if we wanted to. Graham, is a trend IMO. 

Guess what, if he's here next year I hope I'm wrong. I don't buy the part about Green Bay. Guys go where there is money. There are a few of the top guys who are going to cash in big time with endorsements. Other than that, it's a fable.  

6 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Think there might be a lesson to be learned here about outside free agency?

Just now, Golfman said:

xD

You literally quoted several stats that he's in the top 10 but nowhere near the top 3. Stat by stat you destroyed the 'he's a top 3 TE' and you don't even know it.

If you had literally any brains at all in that oversized idiot skull of yours you'd see the point I was making and that I never claimed he WAS a top 3 tight end, but that I said people were complaining he isn't a top 3 TE, and those expectations for a 31-year-old tight end are ridiculous and as brainless as that skull of yours. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Graham's numbers have more to do with Rodgers being mediocre and not trusting him. Also everyone continues to fail to recognize the recognition he gets from defenses.

I get that, but when you are paid as the best at your position, you are supposed to produce like it. He's not been producing like it. Kelce, Ertz to name a few get at least as much attention and they continue to produce. Ertz QB situation hasn't been very good this year. 

I'm done arguing this point. I hope if he's back history proves me wrong. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

If you had literally any brains at all in that oversized idiot skull of yours you'd see the point I was making and that I never claimed he WAS a top 3 tight end, but that I said people were complaining he isn't a top 3 TE, and those expectations for a 31-year-old tight end are ridiculous and as brainless as that skull of yours. 

I love how this is what this forum has now become, man I miss the days where meaningful discussions actually happened here.

Archived