Please Stop the Jimmy Graham Disgruntlement Thread

MacReady

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If you had literally any brains at all in that oversized idiot skull of yours you'd see the point I was making and that I never claimed he WAS a top 3 tight end, but that I said people were complaining he isn't a top 3 TE, and those expectations for a 31-year-old tight end are ridiculous and as brainless as that skull of yours. 

Yet, he was paid like he's the top/best at his position. Do you catch that correlation? You simply DO NOT pay a guy top of his position and expect top ten production. That is a mark of a poor organization. 

You used a quote that he's top three to support your argument and now are trying to walk it back. I'll refrain from lopping back insults. Your words point it out clearly anyway. 

Just now, gopackgo27 said:

I'm not going to sit here and argue about Jimmy Graham all day but if you honestly think he's been "damn good" this year then how would you describe the play of Ertz, Kelce, Ebron, Kittle?

I'd probably put those seasons in great territory.  Good, Damn Good, Great. 

Just now, Golfman said:

You used a quote that he's top three to support your argument and now are trying to walk it back.

Nope, I actually didn't.  I used a quote to say he's top ten, then suggested people wouldn't be satisfied unless he had a top three season.  I'm not walking back anything, you have a problem with comprehension.  Also lying. 

I'll refrain from lopping back insults. Your words point it out clearly anyway. 

You opened that can of worms yesterday.  Can dish it out, can't take it?  That what we've got going on here?  It really does no good for you or me for you to quote me.  

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Nope, I actually didn't.  I used a quote to say he's top ten, then suggested people wouldn't be satisfied unless he had a top three season.  I'm not walking back anything, you have a problem with comprehension.  Also lying. 

You opened that can of worms yesterday.  Can dish it out, can't take it?  That what we've got going on here?  It really does no good for you or me for you to quote me.  

Our history goes back a lot further than yesterday, but that was a good one because it clearly got under your skin. Mission accomplished! xD

Your problem is the idea you could be wrong doesn't exist in your mind! If you were really that smart you'd be running a team instead of your mouth! 

Just now, Golfman said:

Our history goes back a lot further than yesterday,

I know it does because you're a dupe account and you should be banned for being a dupe account and the **** you continue getting away with on here, but you haven't been yet, so...

7 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Ebron is just playing out of his mind in the RZ this year. It's more of an anomaly than anything. 

Ebron is 6th in catches, 5th in yards. Not going to argue it's not an anomaly (we don't know) but lets give credit where credit due.

37 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

By this logic we should trade Aaron Rodgers for Nate Mullens.  If you factor in cost, Nate Mullens is at least twice the QB Rodgers is. 

When will people stop using cost as some sort of way to suggest skill?

It doesn't make sense. 

Isn't cost and value one of the same, or at least go hand and hand?

Just now, gopackgo27 said:

Ebron is 6th in catches, 5th in yards. Not going to argue it's not an anomaly (we don't know) but lets give credit where credit due.

I really wanted Ebron to sign here for the same reason I pounded the table for Jared Cook to sign here the offseason he did.

Although I think Graham is doing a damn good job considering his age and injuries and Rodgers, I don't think Rodgers needs to trust his TE all that much.  All Rodgers needs is a TE to take coverage away from receivers. 

Ebron's physicality and athleticism would have been huge here even if he had 30 catches.  The threat of that is greater than actual production with Rodgers. 

Just now, Fl0nkerton said:

Jimmy Graham:
52 rec / 615 yards / 11.8 avg / 2 TD / 54 Long

Eric Ebron:
62 rec / 690 yards  / 11.1 avg / 12 TD / 53 Long

Only one real difference

You mean the one that wins or losses game? Oh, there is also the one small detail that Ebron makes about half what Graham is being paid. 

Just now, jleisher said:

Isn't cost and value one of the same, or at least go hand and hand?

Cost in free agency is a supply and demand thing.  It's why pass rushers get overpaid every single time.  There aren't a lot of pass rushers available in this league, so the demand is through the roof, which brings up the price. 

Jimmy Graham, on paper, was the best tight end available.  Burton was a 4 year pro without much production at all.  Ebron had a bust label.  Jimmy Graham had a Hall of Fame resume and came off a 10 TD season.

The price we paid for Graham falls perfectly in line with the supply and demand of tight ends in last year's free agency. 

As far as going forward, we have to stick to what we did. 

Therefore, releasing Graham and losing his production to save 5 million dollars is not worth it because:

A. Graham's value compared to 5 million in savings is worth keeping.
B. We aren't getting better production at TE for 5 million dollars. 

Archived