Jump to content
Asciimo

Is Robert Kraft a HoFer?

Is Rob Kraft worthy of the HOF?  

13 members have voted

  1. 1. Is Rob Kraft worthy of the HOF?

    • Yes
      13
    • No
      0


Recommended Posts

With Jerry getting into the HoF recently, I've been wondering if we'll ever see this man, who is responsible for the Patriots turn around, in the HOF. Has he contributed enough to the NFL? Or will things like spygate/deflate-gate keep him out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The man literally saved us from St. Louis and turned what was at the time of purchase a worthless franchise into one of the greatest dynasties in all of sports. He is THE reason we traded for Belichick. He is absolutely a HoFer.

Edited by Elky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without question Kraft is a sure fire HoFer. For this franchise alone he ushered in not only the greatest streak of success the NFL has ever seen upon a previously woeful team. He built a new stadium and continues to improve on Patriot's Place. Beyond that, he has been integral in labor disputes and working with the NFLPA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Asciimo said:

So then when does he get in?

They just added the "contributor" slot, guaranteeing owners/GM's and other FO people a spot in each class. Jerry Jones was the FIRST to get a spot before stepping away from day to day operations, so it is a brand new trend in more than one aspect. 2018 will have one of these spots, however it will probably go to people whose health demand it so they can see themselves enshrined. in 2019, there will be two spots and that is expected to stay the norm for the "contributor" spot. So the 2019/2020 class will see him get votes to put him in the running IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jonathan Kraft running the team scares me as a Patriots fan. Bob Kraft however deserves more credit than he generally gets IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 2:40 PM, Elky said:

The man literally saved us from St. Louis and turned what was at the time of purchase a worthless franchise into one of the greatest dynasties in all of sports. He is THE reason we traded for Belichick. He is absolutely a HoFer.

 

On 12/24/2018 at 6:27 PM, Deadpulse said:

Without question Kraft is a sure fire HoFer. For this franchise alone he ushered in not only the greatest streak of success the NFL has ever seen upon a previously woeful team. He built a new stadium and continues to improve on Patriot's Place. Beyond that, he has been integral in labor disputes and working with the NFLPA. 

1000x this. 

ANYONE who remembers the pre-1994 New England Patriots would chauffeur Bob Kraft to Canton and pay all the expenses. He’s performed miracles with this team and was the answer to my boyhood prayers for a football savior. 

 

Yes, the “Quadruple B”s (Bill, Bill, Bledsoe, and Brady) had an effect here that cant be measured; but Kraft was the father of all that. Yes, I know he didn’t hire Parcells, but the Tuna’s best work here happened on Kraft’s watch. 

On 12/25/2018 at 11:20 PM, DoleINGout said:

Jonathan Kraft running the team scares me as a Patriots fan. 

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rfournier103 because Jonathan seems like a disinterested numbers guy. Might be a snob, who knows, I've only met him once at an event but he doesn't seem to have grown up loving the Patriots the way his father did. The passion comes from a different place with each individual and it doesn't look like a purely business oriented approach of football operations is the recipe for the kind of special ownership Bob Kraft has led; no, it's the combination of love and business that qualifies Bob Kraft as special. I like Jonathan as a member of ownership but as the sole proprietor? Mm-mm, no, not really. Maybe his brothers and a small select group of others can work together in a way conducive to success the way Bob Kraft has managed all these years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

@rfournier103 because Jonathan seems like a disinterested numbers guy. Might be a snob, who knows, I've only met him once at an event but he doesn't seem to have grown up loving the Patriots the way his father did. The passion comes from a different place with each individual and it doesn't look like a purely business oriented approach of football operations is the recipe for the kind of special ownership Bob Kraft has led; no, it's the combination of love and business that qualifies Bob Kraft as special. I like Jonathan as a member of ownership but as the sole proprietor? Mm-mm, no, not really. Maybe his brothers and a small select group of others can work together in a way conducive to success the way Bob Kraft has managed all these years.

Did I say disinterested numbers guy? I meant indifferent, actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2018 at 9:20 PM, DoleINGout said:

Jonathan Kraft running the team scares me as a Patriots fan. Bob Kraft however deserves more credit than he generally gets IMO.

From the sounds of things he already pretty much is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×