BDL 2018 Semifinals: #5 Louisiana Jazz @ #3 Rome Eternals

Whicker

Louisiana Jazz @ Rome Eternals  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Louisiana Jazz
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/26/2018 at 05:00 PM

6 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Ooo he only has two lb.   Jumbo package should have success with mack.  Glad I included it more prominently this week 

We can stick Hankins at the nose in a 3-4 look when you go jumbo, don't see why we need more than 2 LBs....

First of all, I think these teams are fantastic. Credit to both guys.

I sort of like Brady’s chances to play well. Sure his actual performance has been subpar but it’s more of an indication of previous matchups with lacking talent. Thomas and Ertz lead the way, but Humphrey can claim to be playing as well as any CB right now. He can win on his own, and I like their plan to cover Ertz. Lockett has quietly been the most efficient receiver in football(perfect rating when targeted) and Cook vs Anzalone is one I think Cook can succeed. Would’ve preferred Mosley with the assignment. All of that is important bc Louisiana can run but it won’t be relatively easy. Rome can stop interior rushes and running one way can lead to some adjustments.

I think Gurley being injured is massive no doubt. We just saw Brees lead his team to victory and although Louisiana has two great CBs, JuJu and Amari can do some damage. The narrative that Danny Travathan isn’t a great cover guy is bogus.

Ultimately, these teams are similarly built and come with good gameplans. I trust Brees a bit more than Brady right now so Zeke healthy marginalizes that by a bit. I like Louisiana’s gameplan enough to make things close but I’m going to return as it’s extremely close.

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

First of all, I think these teams are fantastic. Credit to both guys.

I sort of like Brady’s chances to play well. Sure his actual performance has been subpar but it’s more of an indication of previous matchups with lacking talent. Thomas and Ertz lead the way, but Humphrey can claim to be playing as well as any CB right now. He can win on his own, and I like their plan to cover Ertz. Lockett has quietly been the most efficient receiver in football(perfect rating when targeted) and Cook vs Anzalone is one I think Cook can succeed. Would’ve preferred Mosley with the assignment. All of that is important bc Louisiana can run but it won’t be relatively easy. Rome can stop interior rushes and running one way can lead to some adjustments.

I think Gurley being injured is massive no doubt. We just saw Brees lead his team to victory and although Louisiana has two great CBs, JuJu and Amari can do some damage. The narrative that Danny Travathan isn’t a great cover guy is bogus.

Ultimately, these teams are similarly built and come with good gameplans. I trust Brees a bit more than Brady right now so Zeke healthy marginalizes that by a bit. I like Louisiana’s gameplan enough to make things close but I’m going to return as it’s extremely close.

Well if you want to claim trevathian is a great cover guy that's your opinion I guess, but Riddick had 13 catches for 135 yards or so against Chicago this year with danny as the main cover backer if you prefer less opinion based narrative 

This is definitely a game that could go either way. Both players want to tire out the opposing defense which requires sustained drives. Only one team would really be able to accomplish this, and whoever grabbed momentum first could easily win.

I think Louisiana has a bit better chance of sustaining drives and executing their gameplan. Louisiana O-line vs Rome D-line is a close match, and Zeke is able to tip the scales in favor of Louisiana in terms of finding success on the ground. I like Lindsay, but 15 carries isn't a lot when you're trying to go fast, sustain drives, and likely try to run 65-70 plays. I also think Louisiana's D-line can win inside against Rome's O-line. I think Rome has a lot more difficulty than Louisiana running the ball.

Both teams sport excellent corners and match up well against the opposing receivers. I like Rome's plan against Zach Ertz. Ultimately, the run game makes the difference.

I went with Rome as I think they can stop the run and establish their offense better than Louisiana. Zeke will help Brady and while I like both defenses this feels like the points explosion comes in the second half. 

13 hours ago, MD4L said:

Before I go in-depth, @bcb1213, there is no Rome dome bc the final round is a neutral field.

Actually we voted in the 2018 Winter meetings to make only the Bizz Bowl Neutral.

Topic #4 - Home field Advantage Extended in Playoffs

Current Rule - Homefield advantage carries through the first round of the playoffs but the semifinals and Bizz bowl are on a neutral field.

Proposed Change - Homefield advantage added to the semifinals. Bizzbowl still on a neutral field.

19 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

I like the Jazz pretty convincingly here, think they have a solid advantage with diverse offensive weapons and a defense that can get to Brees often.

This sums up my thoughts pretty well too.

Jizz 34- Eternals 28

I'm voting for Rome to break the tie.

I think the RPO with the motion will destroy a team that's playing a light box. I especially like it against a single LB as the motion forces Hyde to cover the RB in motion or Edelman which allows Brees to pick them apart or let Lindsay/Mack run at a very light front with a cleared out box.

Archived