Tom Savage formally named starting QB

ET80

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I gave up on Facebook a few years back. For a multitude of reasons, but the lack of semi knowledgeable football fans was a key reason.

I remember this mularkey. Saw various iterations of it for Manziel, Colt McCoy, Titans QB, RGIII, Case Keenum...

...but, mention Derek Carr to them back in 2014, and you get "Ohes heck no, we already had a broke down Carr! Gotta draft Johnny Football, bro!"

Yeah, I'm really not sure why I do it to myself. Maybe out of boredom, possibly hoping that someone will figure it out..I don't know.

I remember the Carr stuff too. I wanted Bridgewater, but I liked Carr too. I knew it wouldn't happen because of his name though, so I wasn't surprised. But if you tried to explain to people that NOT taking Carr because of his brother was as stupid as actually taking Manziel because he's from Texas, you'd get lynched.

I don't know, I guess it makes me feel better about myself that I'm not THAT stupid when it comes to football. I get to be the medium sized fish in an infinite sea of stupid small fish.

1 hour ago, shep0507 said:

Yeah, I'm really not sure why I do it to myself. Maybe out of boredom, possibly hoping that someone will figure it out..I don't know.

For the longest, I used it as a source of trolling. If I was in a bad mood, I'd berate one of the Case Keenum truthers. Kinda got old after a bit.

1 hour ago, shep0507 said:

I remember the Carr stuff too. I wanted Bridgewater, but I liked Carr too. I knew it wouldn't happen because of his name though, so I wasn't surprised. But if you tried to explain to people that NOT taking Carr because of his brother was as stupid as actually taking Manziel because he's from Texas, you'd get lynched.

Bridgewater was my mancrush back then. I'm really convinced Smith/O'Brien fell asleep at the wheel and let Minny leapfrog us Given his knee injury, I'd say we dodged a bullet. A non injury that severe, it was waiting in the wings to happen. 

I wasn't high on Carr, but wasn't low on him either. I do think the pressure to succeed (or the expectation that he was destined to fail) would have ruined him following his first interception. 

Savage? I honestly wasn't high on him due to people freaking out over his pro day, even assuming he'd be a 2nd round pick.

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Here.

You're the one trying to spin this "failure" angle on developing a QB who might start 16 games. Who the heck is going to be able to evaluate anything on a single season?

Whatever helps you sleep at night. 

Most successful coach in Texans history, taken this team as far as any coach in half the time. But OK, let's fire him. He's horrible.

Does he owe you money or something?

You use words you don't know what they mean. When you say successful you mean he's been so average that his 9-7 record is better than some of Kubiaks bad seasons. It fails to take into account that Kubiak went 10-6 and 12-4 and had 2 playoff wins. 

So you can define success how you want and make that judgement but you can't substitute your opinion for fact and use it as an infallible arguement. 

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

You use words you don't know what they mean. When you say successful you mean he's been so average that his 9-7 record is better than some of Kubiaks bad seasons. It fails to take into account that Kubiak went 10-6 and 12-4 and had 2 playoff wins. 

So you can define success how you want and make that judgement but you can't substitute your opinion for fact and use it as an infallible arguement. 

Highest winning percentage in Texans coaching history. Two division titles in three seasons as HC. Has yet to lose more games than he won.

Pretty simple definition.

I'm not a big fan of O'Brien, but your irrational stance on him is unreasonable. Again - does he owe you money or something?

2 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Highest winning percentage in Texans coaching history. Two division titles in three seasons as HC. Has yet to lose more games than he won.

Pretty simple definition.

Where does success matter most? In the post season. Kubiak has twice the post season wins as BOB

see how that works? I can come up with my own undeniable facts to support my position, that doesn't give me the ability to take on a sense of superiority about the subject  

people have been hating on BOB for years on here and now suddenly he's so successful and has made so many good choices he's untouchable and as one poster put it "would have another NFL HC job as soon as we let him go"

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Where does success matter most? In the post season. Kubiak has twice the post season wins as BOB

Took him five additional years, but whatever helps you sleep at night, snickerdoodle.

see how that works? I can come up with my own undeniable facts to support my position, that doesn't give me the ability to take on a sense of superiority about the subject  

It's your irrational, illogical view that gives me superiority. Really, anyone who'd choose to engage in this discussion with you could declare superiority, given your rash stance. 

I'm just glad to be the good guy again.

people have been hating on BOB for years on here and now suddenly he's so successful and has made so many good choices he's untouchable and as one poster put it "would have another NFL HC job as soon as we let him go"

The people "hating" on BOB are doing it for the most asinine reasons. Oh, our offense is boring. Oh, we're going to mess with Watson's rookie stats. Oh, he hired a great defensive staff. (That's kinda part of his job, by the way). 

I've said it before, I'm lukewarm on the guy. I'm indifferent. But - first rule of the game - you don't fire someone who is winning, regardless of how he's winning.

5 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Took him five additional years, but whatever helps you sleep at night, snickerdoodle.

It's your irrational, illogical view that gives me superiority. Really, anyone who'd choose to engage in this discussion with you could declare superiority, given your rash stance. 

I'm just glad to be the good guy again.

The people "hating" on BOB are doing it for the most asinine reasons. Oh, our offense is boring. Oh, we're going to mess with Watson's rookie stats. Oh, he hired a great defensive staff. (That's kinda part of his job, by the way). 

I've said it before, I'm lukewarm on the guy. I'm indifferent. But - first rule of the game - you don't fire someone who is winning, regardless of how he's winning.

Right because the Broncos didn't fire a wildly successful Fox and then win a super bowl right afterwards 

15 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Right because the Broncos didn't fire a wildly successful Fox and then win a super bowl right afterwards 

One example, great. Now, tell me how the Raiders fared after letting Jon Gruden go. How the Chargers did after firing Marty Schottenheimer. How the 49ers did after letting Jim Harbaugh go. 

35 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Hahahaha yeah BOB has a boring but wildly successful offense so we beat not critize it. That's Asanine. He's been a net negative on the offensive side of the game. 

First off - it's asinine. 

Secondly - nobody denied the offense has not been good. Heck, a few pages back, I even outlined it with you (hard to have a good offense when you have one WR, one OL and a bunch of replacement players and "core" guys who were out of the league within a year). 

But football isn't all about offense (despite what fantasy football has taught you). We have a very good defense, and O'Brien had the foresight to not hire his golfing buddies to run that side of the ball. 

We've seen a HC completely ruin a team that had elite pieces to put together on BOTH sides of the ball, just because he felt that Frank Bush was a competent DC. Yet we hold it against O'Brien for doing the opposite and getting results from it.

7 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

First off - it's asinine. 

Secondly - nobody denied the offense has not been good. Heck, a few pages back, I even outlined it with you (hard to have a good offense when you have one WR, one OL and a bunch of replacement players and "core" guys who were out of the league within a year). 

But football isn't all about offense (despite what fantasy football has taught you). We have a very good defense, and O'Brien had the foresight to not hire his golfing buddies to run that side of the ball. 

We've seen a HC completely ruin a team that had elite pieces to put together on BOTH sides of the ball, just because he felt that Frank Bush was a competent DC. Yet we hold it against O'Brien for doing the opposite and getting results from it.

You do realize that Kubiak got rid of bush and brought in Wade Phillips and had great success right?

but I'll give credit where credit is due. BOB hired RAC. Congrats. He's done 1 good thing as HC. Other than that he's choked away big games, had probablems in the lockeroom, consistently can't make his mind up about the QB situation, and personally calls plays for one of the worst offenses in football. But hey he's going 9-7 which only gets him into the playoffs in the AFC South. 

But heres the great thing thing about football, next Sunday he gets another chance to prove he can elevate our team. I mean I'm sure even if we go 6-10 it won't be his fault but I have confidence if we finish 12-4 it's all him 

10 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

You do realize that Kubiak got rid of bush and brought in Wade Phillips and had great success right?

Oh, so now "Kubiak" brought him in, not McNair? Quit trying to change the narrative. It's pretty much common knowledge that Kubiak wasn't part of that decision. C'mon man.

but I'll give credit where credit is due. BOB hired RAC. Congrats. He's done 1 good thing as HC. Other than that he's choked away big games, had probablems in the lockeroom, consistently can't make his mind up about the QB situation, and personally calls plays for one of the worst offenses in football. But hey he's going 9-7 which only gets him into the playoffs in the AFC South. 

We've went over each of these things in detail over the past 10 pages, and I lack the patience to do so again. The only one I will acknowledge is the "big game" one (while bringing up the 3-1 record in weeks 14-17, which you never commented on). The rest is in your head.

But heres the great thing thing about football, next Sunday he gets another chance to prove he can elevate our team. I mean I'm sure even if we go 6-10 it won't be his fault but I have confidence if we finish 12-4 it's all him 

If he goes 6-10, he's gone. You won't hear me argue this. I've pretty much said as much in various threads that devolve into this discussion. But I'm certain if he goes 12-4, leads this team to the Super Bowl and wins 17-14, you'll be the first (and only) one complaining he only put up 17 points in the biggest game of the year with a boring offense that only allowed Watson to put up 160 yards passing.

So, tell me - how much does he owe you for you to dislike him this much? $20? I'll cover it to get out of this argument with you.

29 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Oh, so now "Kubiak" brought him in, not McNair? Quit trying to change the narrative. It's pretty much common knowledge that Kubiak wasn't part of that decision. C'mon man.

We've went over each of these things in detail over the past 10 pages, and I lack the patience to do so again. The only one I will acknowledge is the "big game" one (while bringing up the 3-1 record in weeks 14-17, which you never commented on). The rest is in your head.

If he goes 6-10, he's gone. You won't hear me argue this. I've pretty much said as much in various threads that devolve into this discussion. But I'm certain if he goes 12-4, leads this team to the Super Bowl and wins 17-14, you'll be the first (and only) one complaining he only put up 17 points in the biggest game of the year with a boring offense that only allowed Watson to put up 160 yards passing.

So, tell me - how much does he owe you for you to dislike him this much? $20? I'll cover it to get out of this argument with you.

You have me confused with someone who complains that the offense is boring. The offense sucks, but I've never called it boring. 

3-1 in the last 4? Who cares when he's 6-6 the first 12. We've gotten the benefit of an easier schedule to end the season. It's not that impressive unless he's beating good teams

6 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly you expected the Texans to do with such a crappy QB situation?  He's done about as much as you can with the myriad of mediocre QBs.  IF you're going to blame anyone, blame the GM for putting him in such a position.

Archived