POLL Who Is The Next Coach of the Cleveland Browns?!

brownie man

Who is our next HC  

44 members have voted

1. 1. The next HC of the Cleveland Browns is

• Gregg Williams
    • Freddie Kitches
    • Lincoln Riley
    • Mike McCarthy
    • Bruce Arians
    • Josh McDaniels
    • Dave Toub
    • Dabo Swiney
    • Other please put

59 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I'm with this, sign all the current staff on a 1 year show me contract and see if William's can hang and reevaluate after next season. I think we need to see more in order to make an informed decision 

This idea of short show me contracts like these 1yr 2 yr deals are stupid and short sighted. You need to show confidence in a coach to be here for the long term. Showing only short term support will have coaching going after short term success 

5 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I'm with this, sign all the current staff on a 1 year show me contract and see if William's can hang and reevaluate after next season. I think we need to see more in order to make an informed decision 

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Nah you can’t sign a staff to a 1 year deal. You have to show full confidence in them for the players to listen to them. Give them 3 year contracts at minimum and give Freddie a big raise. 

I really do not see anyone else out there realistically attainable (or even desirable if realistically unattainable) who is better than Williams and Freddie.

If we can work deals with Williams and Freddie so that we can hold them and are not hogtied for too long and in the process obtain competent DC and ST coaches, I am good.

One year is a bit too little; three years is a bit too much; two years seems just right.:)

12 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I really do not see anyone else out there realistically attainable (or even desirable if realistically unattainable) who is better than Williams and Freddie.

If we can work deals with Williams and Freddie so that we can hold them and are not hogtied for too long and in the process obtain competent DC and ST coaches, I am good.

One year is a bit too little; three years is a bit too much; two years seems just right.:)

Gruden just got 10 years and most hires are getting at least four. I think even three might be unlikely. Plus, if someone really wants Kitchens, they'll offer more years.

28 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Gruden just got 10 years and most hires are getting at least four. I think even three might be unlikely. Plus, if someone really wants Kitchens, they'll offer more years.

We always can meet or beat anything anyone else offers.

That would be a big commitment, though, on a small body of work.

Have to imagine Mayfield would weigh in on this, though, and maybe tip the scale.

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I think Dorsey could actually showcase Freddie as being one of his handpicked guys. 

He went Freedie when everyone else believed Todd was going to be our undisputed play caller. 

Rumors was that it was JimmyD that was a big part of that decision as well

Freddie is my top choice.

Choice 1A would be Matt Eberflus, current DC of the Colts. He got left at the altar by Joshy MuckDeee (That plick!) after moving to the Colts. But the Colts stood by Eberflus - and they were rewarded by Matt.

Colts had the 30th rated defense when he took over 2 years ago, and finished this year as a top 10 defense. Better news is that he is all about defense - I think he keeps Freddie in his current role. Of course the Russian Roulette game you are playing there is Freddie is not poached by someone else for a HC gig.

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

now were gettingi nto the weird portion where we dont know if theres any more candidates or if someone got the job

i think its kitchens

They may very well have their candidate chosen by now.  I just wonder how long they will wait before it's announced?

36 minutes ago, mistakey said:

now were gettingi nto the weird portion where we dont know if theres any more candidates or if someone got the job

i think its kitchens

I'm not sure if were coming that close to an end of this search.  We asked to talk to Nick Sirianni yet he has a playoff game this weekend with the colts and we can't talk to him until after the championship game if he goes that far...

Will we wait to talk to him?

34 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i think its kitchens

Old me would be pessimistic and assume the worst.

New me has good 2019 Browns vibes and fully expects Freddie to be the HC. I love him.

7 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I'm not sure if were coming that close to an end of this search.  We asked to talk to Nick Sirianni yet he has a playoff game this weekend with the colts and we can't talk to him until after the championship game if he goes that far...

Will we wait to talk to him?

i cant imagine so.

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i cant imagine us waiting so long.

Agreed.  Buddy Boy knows who he wants.  For what it's worth, I don't think Freddie is his favorite.  If he were, he would've pulled the trigger by now.

That doesn't mean Freddie won't be the HC.  I just don't think he's Dorsey's first choice.

Archived