Pete Carroll Signs Contract Extention Through 2021

showtime

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Is it really?  I'd give the nod to Matt Nagy (COY), Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Anthony Lynn, and Frank Reich by a pretty significant margin.  He's been a 9/10 win HC for the last four year and he'll do it again this year.

He's a better defensive coach than all of those for sure. And these guys haven't won anything. 

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Is it really?  I'd give the nod to Matt Nagy (COY), Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Anthony Lynn, and Frank Reich by a pretty significant margin.  He's been a 9/10 win HC for the last four year and he'll do it again this year.

I'd have Nagy, Reich, Lynn, Carroll and Harbaugh personally.  Let's be real about this, we all expected to see a couple rough years while they transitioned from the LOB.   Brian Freakin Schottenheimer looks like a good coach up there this year, that alone deserves a medal.

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'd have Nagy, Reich, Lynn, Carroll and Harbaugh personally.  Let's be real about this, we all expected to see a couple rough years while they transitioned from the LOB.   Brian Freakin Schottenheimer looks like a good coach up there this year, that alone deserves a medal.

I'm not sure I'd say they were expecting some rough years.  The division (sans the Rams) is weak this year, especially with the Jimmy G injury who by sheer dumb luck managed to get injured before they faced the 49ers.  Four of their six losses have came against teams currently slotted to make the playoffs, and three of their 9 wins have been against current playoff teams.  Right now, the only teams with a lower SOV are Chicago and and Minnesota who are both benefiting heavily from the Packers and Lions being miserable as well as playing against the AFC East teams.

You know I really doubted how good of a Coach he was heading into the season, with how the Sherman and Thomas things were handled. 

But it's pretty clear he has full control of that locker room and is an amazing coach....if this is a "down year" for the Seahawks, the NFL better watch out cause they're winning another championship soon. 

Him and Wilson will be relevant for years to come.

On 12/24/2018 at 9:29 PM, footbull3196 said:

Making the playoffs after an 0-2 start is a tall task.  Making the playoffs in what’s supposed to be a rebuilding year is even harder.  Carroll did both in a season where most people expected 6-7 wins. He’s earned my vote for Coach of the Year, with Matt Nagy a close second and John Harbaugh right behind him

Yea with that OL, losing Richardson and Graham plus Baldwin clearly wasn’t right for a long time is crazy how good they’ve been

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea with that OL, losing Richardson and Graham plus Baldwin clearly wasn’t right for a long time is crazy how good they’ve been

Let’s not forget, in 2017 they were a couple of missed field goals (plus a dumb fake field goal call against Atlanta) away from winning the division over the Rams.  I knew they had some talent left so I didn’t think they’d totally bottom out but I now understand why they wanted to keep Earl Thomas going forward.  Just sucks that they couldn’t work out even a 3 year extension for him and that he got injured the way he did

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Which objectively was a mistake.

It wasn't, Richards is a good young coach but there's not major dropoff without the LOB.

He wasn't good on 3rd down despite the personel, 1 year later we are 5th in 3rd down defense, that was the biggest knock on him. 

Pete is a much better defensive coach.

Dallas is 26th btw.

Archived