Chargers In L.A.

MIKEWISNER

I told myself that the Chargers were dead as far as I was concerned, but I find myself being drawn back to this sorry team.  I feel like a junkie, and the injury-prone Chargers are my fix.  I think once Rivers retires it will be easier to find a new team to support not owned by the callously incompetent Spanii.

12 hours ago, charger-man said:

I told myself that the Chargers were dead as far as I was concerned, but I find myself being drawn back to this sorry team.  I feel like a junkie, and the injury-prone Chargers are my fix.  I think once Rivers retires it will be easier to find a new team to support not owned by the callously incompetent Spanii.

I'm in pretty much the same boat. They technically moved closer to me but now they don't feel like the "home" team. This whole process basically just told me the NFL and Chargers don't care at all about me. The Chargers moving, the CTE study, Seau... I'm not sure what will happens when Rivers retires because he's really the only emotional tie I have left with this team.

Definitely feels strange... the fact that the owners are so incompetente, idiotic and just plain useless really doesn't help.

But they're my team, and I'll always support them, and one can always dream of a Spanosless future!

7 hours ago, Persian Bolt said:

Can anyone tell me their true opinion of Coach Lynn? I haven't seen much of his press conferences or anything to get a feel. I'll watch more as the regular season begins. Does he look clueless or the real deal? What do y'all think? 

He was able to put together a pretty decent offense in buffalo in his one year stint as the OC. He has a decent track record as well, I'd say he's the real deal from the press conferences and stuff I've watched of him. 

I said the same thing about Mike McCoy though so take my views of him with a massive grain of rat poison. 

4 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

He was able to put together a pretty decent offense in buffalo in his one year stint as the OC. He has a decent track record as well, I'd say he's the real deal from the press conferences and stuff I've watched of him. 

I said the same thing about Mike McCoy though so take my views of him with a massive grain of rat poison. 

Yea true true I'd have said that as well. The Difference I see is he at least appears to have a certain presence and respect level and is more of a leader than X's and O's type of guy I haven't seen much but he seems like he could be a better fit.

Maybe someone like @The LBC who appears to have actual intel could provide more than just me watching a few press conferences and parts of 3 preseason games one of which against the saints I'm just willing to write off completely as nothing. 

I'd say the first team offense with Phil in looks very nice in 3-5 total offensive possessions. 

PRO:: Comes from RB coach pedigree so that usually means he focuses more on team and winning the contest of wills.

CON:: He was hired with the caveat being that his OC would be Whisenhunt so he could be another spineless Spanos toadie in a long line of yes men since Marty.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2017 at 11:44 PM, kyle21121 said:

That's wild to think about. 27k stadium. 

Well, go look at the average ticket price for tickets on SeatGeek or Stubhub.  Cheapest seat is $77 (plus another $20/car for parking).  This is one of the biggest mistakes Dean is making in his whole approach to LA, he's courting the upper middle class and above only and not doing much to court the lower middle class and below - when there's a lot of more of the later in the LA market than the former.

I mean, honestly, if they still hit 25k tomorrow out of a possible 27k, that's still contextually impressive (92% capacity attendance is likely good for the upper half of that stat in the league).  And the Chargers have roughly 6 months rapport built up in the LA market.  It's kind of foolish for people to expect loyalty to be so cheap in LA (where they haven't had an NFL team in the city for a full generation - i.e. 25 years) that people will just drop everything and pay whatever to support a team just because that team honored them by coming there.  Loyalty is earned.

You all know I'm not a big Vinny Bonsignore fan, but his latest op-ed in the OC Register was spot-on: http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/16/bonsignore-do-half-empty-stadiums-mean-la-isnt-an-nfl-town/

Fair enough I didn't expect them to go that route out of the gate considering there would obviously be issues to fill that stadium despite the fact it's only 27k. I guess the general thinking would be if this was an 81k stadium the cheap seats would go for $25 so considering its 1/3 the size we triple the price to recoup money. Not a great idea to go that simplistic with it. Perhaps If the team was winning people would come for that price and it would be considered a "hot ticket" but you have to start by winning first. 

My seat was 250.00... this stadium is small. Nothing good about that it just is small. It's crawling right now with Dolphin fans.

on a positive note the bathrooms are not flooded and they have Guinness in the stadium. 

Go galaxy!

Archived