So - you'd like our help?

brooks1957

Hotep - AFC North brethren - I come in peace.

Word on the street is you would like a little Mayfield Magic to help your playoff cause. I have zero problems booking Steeler Nation on Mayfield's Magic Carpet Ride. Lemme explain.

Even when  we were at our most dysfunctional and struggling to win one quarter, let alone a game - I always respected the hell out of the Rooneys for the way they ran their team and organization. While we were changing coaches every 5 minutes, the Steelers showed the way to the NFL by only having THREE over the last FIFTY YEARS. As I sdaid, much respect.

Now let's go to that group that wears the purple jerseys. When a group of civic " businessmen" entice a desperate owner to steal another city's heart, soul, and tradition I flat out DESPISE them. With a passion! All these years later - I fail to understand the love affair between Tagliabue/Goodell and Ray Lewis. How does not testifying not violate the NFL's personal code of conduct? But the real cherry on top was how the self proclaimed "greatest fans in the NFL" damn near built a statue to a scuz that beat his woman senseless.

Eff them and the horse they rode in on.

You have our support.

11 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

The Mike Tomlin era. Where you are left hoping that the Browns do your dirty work for you because you lost to Oakland.

We did too - on a Walt "We need to reset this ball 7 times" Anderson special. They lubed us up - and left the sand in the Vaseline.

I can understand how browns fans feel about what happened back then.  I suppose some on our forum will appreciate your offer to help us out.

I have issues with how we failed too many times this season and if we don't make it,  it's more our fault than anyones. People can't believe that the steelers might not make the playoffs considering their talent and what their record was prior to that losing streak .

If this team goes on to win the SB, it would have to be the most unpredictable SB champion ever as well as one that lost the most to teams that weren't playoff teams . 

I think Baker can get the win, he is Legit and will be a top QB in this league . They got that pick right and if you have a nice draft and UFA in 2019, the Browns won't be asking for help next year if they stay healthy.  If you hire Arians though, that could be a different story, expect no run game or OL and Baker to be on or near IR.  Keep Williams or let him pick a HC while he is DC, whatever coach will get along with him because no need for coaches that argue.

The ravens have been tough as of late, and with how they run the ball and the Browns lack of run D, I see Baker having a challenge vs the ravens D. This is his game to make a statement and he could .

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

are the browns good at forcing turnovers? I expect the ravens offense to run all over them but if cle can force some fumbles/picks..they might have a shot to upset

Browns were at the top of the league for a while in TO.  Even if ravens run at will , I can see Baker having a game because he is really accurate and this could be his statement game. What if he scores more on the ravens than Mahomes did and does it in regulation time and on the road.

15 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

It's happening 2019..................

On the shores of Lake Erie.

it would be good if that rivalry got ignited, because the bengals won't be that anytime soon and the ravens rivalry was great back when hitting was allowed in the NFL.  There needs to be a few cheap shots to get a rivalry going or 2 teams that are similar and are competing for the division title and #1 seed. Cold  weather helps too.

15 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Steelers are gonna lose somehow and it's not gonna even matter. 

If the browns win and tomlin has another of his classics where we play down to the completion and lose, then what? We are out, but what about him? Lose at home to the bungles , that alone  could make the stadium a volatile environment.  I can see the beer bottles being thrown at him now like the browns did to the refs way back

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

If the browns win and tomlin has another of his classics where we play down to the completion and lose, then what? We are out, but what about him? Lose at home to the bungles , that alone  could make the stadium a volatile environment.  I can see the beer bottles being thrown at him now like the browns did to the refs way back

If Steelers fans do that, then they deserve to lose. 

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

I can understand how browns fans feel about what happened back then.  I suppose some on our forum will appreciate your offer to help us out.

I have issues with how we failed too many times this season and if we don't make it,  it's more our fault than anyones. People can't believe that the steelers might not make the playoffs considering their talent and what their record was prior to that losing streak .

If this team goes on to win the SB, it would have to be the most unpredictable SB champion ever as well as one that lost the most to teams that weren't playoff teams . 

I think Baker can get the win, he is Legit and will be a top QB in this league . They got that pick right and if you have a nice draft and UFA in 2019, the Browns won't be asking for help next year if they stay healthy.  If you hire Arians though, that could be a different story, expect no run game or OL and Baker to be on or near IR.  Keep Williams or let him pick a HC while he is DC, whatever coach will get along with him because no need for coaches that argue.

The ravens have been tough as of late, and with how they run the ball and the Browns lack of run D, I see Baker having a challenge vs the ravens D. This is his game to make a statement and he could .

I thank you for the kind words about Baker and the Browns. To say he has been a breath of fresh air is a massive understatement. See what happens when you get a GM that appears to know what the hell he is doing, and trusts his own judgment enough to roll with it? The last time that happened on the North Coast was........ NEVER.

it would be good if that rivalry got ignited, because the bengals won't be that anytime soon and the ravens rivalry was great back when hitting was allowed in the NFL.  There needs to be a few cheap shots to get a rivalry going or 2 teams that are similar and are competing for the division title and #1 seed. Cold  weather helps too.

I hope the cheap shots stay away - to be replaced by good ol' fashioned hard hitting football. Like some of the more heated high school rivalries around here. You know, when the game was pure of heart to the kids. The kind of game that when the first hit of the game can not only be heard, but felt up in Row ZZ.

Trust me - even from a rival - you do NOT want that. Terry McAulay (Bottlegate referee) was an arrogant, vindictive tool who made SURE, as long as he was in the game, the Browns never caught a significant officiating break. The Browns fans were right to be frustrated as hell with him that day - as he was making up the rules as he went. (Allowed a reversal of a completed/incomplete catch AFTER the next play was run by making up some BS reason that the booth had buzzed down prior to the next snap..... )

Way too many games since then were lost to unfair and incredulous calls.

Archived