Jump to content
mar29020

What do we have to look forward to as fans?

Recommended Posts

game day experience is awful

front office is awful

we had a good qb who hated us and didnt want to stay and the gm didnt even know his name!

the players dont like the team or fans.

we cut one of our best because he craps on the team to the media.

our starting qb is wrecked and wont be ready for next year.

and we still have bruce and danny boy.

we are toast for until we draft a stud at qb. but we will probably blow the contract situation. cant they do anything right???!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

players dont want to play for us. if they do want to play for us we have to pay the "dysfunction" tax and overpay them. you cant tell the players think manusky is a clown. i like gruden but the man can only do so much with the injuries and the front office meddling.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Players like John Allen, Daron Payne, Scherff, Guice, CT, Dunny, Ioannidis (If re-signed), Dunny, Moreau, SDH, other young promising players we’ve drafted and signed the last few years and this years crop of 2019 draft picks and promising 2019 undrafted free agents.

I don’t get too excited about actual free agent signings anymore unless it was a pro bowl caliber player and we dont overpay to get them. 

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on guys it’s not like we’ve been the most dysfunctional front office since the current healthy decently young owner bought the team and it’s not like he’s in a bad bill of health to make us worry that things that have ran top top should change any time soon!!!! Merry Christmas to us!!!! We’re screwed🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mar29020 said:

players dont want to play for us. if they do want to play for us we have to pay the "dysfunction" tax and overpay them. you cant tell the players think manusky is a clown. i like gruden but the man can only do so much with the injuries and the front office meddling.....

Honestly, this could be the case.  Swearinger's comments about practices being light and players being surprised by it when they come in.  If winning isn't your primary concern- and we have to be kidding ourselves if we believe that's the #1 priority for every player out there- then go to Washington, get overpaid and do less work than your counterparts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We have nothing really. This is what rock bottom feels like. 

I thought the same thing after the R. Foster claim.  Then we cut Swearinger on Christmas Eve and are essentially going to be paying for him next year to play for the Cardinals.  There's always worse, and this franchise will find out how to do it under this regime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mar29020 said:

game day experience is awful

front office is awful

we had a good qb who hated us and didnt want to stay and the gm didnt even know his name!

the players dont like the team or fans.

we cut one of our best because he craps on the team to the media.

our starting qb is wrecked and wont be ready for next year.

and we still have bruce and danny boy.

we are toast for until we draft a stud at qb. but we will probably blow the contract situation. cant they do anything right???!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will also say that I think LaFemina has done a great job at enhancing the game-day experience to highlight what I think was a positive.  Discounts on concessions this year for STH, more beer selections in seat, more varied food and food that is actually fresh.  I'm also a fan of the #wehail slogan being all around the stadium and being a theme of the videos they put on the main screen.  Also, the new open air bar that oversees the end zone where the tunnels are located is an awesome place to hang, especially in the rain.  They've got red zone on half of the TVs, our game on the others and the speaker.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My entire family has stopped going to the games! The last game we went to was the 2012 final season game against Dallas. We haven't purchased a Washington Redskin related item since then too. I swore I wasn't going to spend another cent on the Skins until they fire Allen and make the playoffs with a reasonable chance of advancement. If Snyder was reading this he would find out that we uusally picked up between the whole family about 5 tickets a game. That comes out to about 240 tickets not purchased in 6 years. Think of all those Redskin items like jerseys, caps, mugs, jackets, etc that we usually purchased at game or bought online that we did not spend on. I know it's only a drop in the bucket for a billionaire like Snyder, but think of the ramifications when that starts to tranpire throughout the Redskin fandom! Sadly, this has also effected watching not just the Skins, but also any other NFL game. We used to watch the other games too, especially Giants, Cowboys and Eagles so we could root for the oppsoing teams to beat them. It has come to a sad conclusion that we are going to leave the NFL behind. We can use that time more wisely then scream out our fustrations about the dreadful Redskins, going on 27 years now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon Allen & the guys like him on the team like CT, Crowder, Ioannidis (If re-signed), Scherff, Guice, Roullier, Moses, Daron Payne, Dunny, Moreau, SDH are the players we need to build this team around. 

Its pretty obvious, and those are the ones we need to be cheering for their development and their futures on this twam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is there to look forward to? We don’t have a GM, we have a lame duck coach, no QB and our best player is a 33-year old RB. We have some young talent but we’re missing so many players in key spots that this roster needs another 3-4 years of good drafts to be competitive. We aren’t challenging for Super Bowls any time soon. Bruce has had 10 years to build this team and we’re really no better off then when he originally got here. Same dysfunction and still have nothing at the most important position on the field. Like I said, this is rock bottom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What is there to look forward to? We don’t have a GM, we have a lame duck coach, no QB and our best player is a 33-year old RB. We have some young talent but we’re missing so many players in key spots that this roster needs another 3-4 years of good drafts to be competitive. We aren’t challenging for Super Bowls any time soon. Bruce has had 10 years to build this team and we’re really no better off then when he originally got here. Same dysfunction and still have nothing at the most important position on the field. Like I said, this is rock bottom. 

Not a chance, rock bottom was 2009 when the team was mostly old, injured, falling apart and Jim Zorn was our HC.

We’re not in a great place as an organization but we’re certainly not as bad as we were in 09. We have a lot of young talent, we just need to acquire some more to develop like we have the last two drafts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×