Jump to content
mar29020

What do we have to look forward to as fans?

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I am so, so happy for that as well.

Is cause Virginia Tech could not stop it for 3 years? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mike23md said:

Is cause Virginia Tech could not stop it for 3 years? 

Foster had nothing for Paul Johnson lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mike23md said:

Is cause Virginia Tech could not stop it for 3 years? 

Exactly. And now I don't have to watch that crappy offense anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

At this point, I might just find a new team. My only other option is to wait until Snyder dies. 

I live in LA.  I'm getting pressure from friends/family to become a Rams fan.  I'm still holding out for some idiotic reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I live in LA.  I'm getting pressure from friends/family to become a Rams fan.  I'm still holding out for some idiotic reason.

Man, that’s gotta be hard. At worst I’d start investing some time in the Rams and then if the skins somehow get good in the next 5-10 years you can always root for them to win it all. Of course the skins will probably always be your #1 though. I’ve found it’s nearly impossible to quit a team you love. I’ve not been able to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Minny is a great choice.  I would be all over them except I doubt I will ever get up there to see a game.  I'd like a reasonable chance to see another team for a home game where it wasn't cold enough to freeze my alcohol.  

They play in a dome and Minneapolis is a very cool city. I was there for work once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Man, that’s gotta be hard. At worst I’d start investing some time in the Rams and then if the skins somehow get good in the next 5-10 years you can always root for them to win it all. Of course the skins will probably always be your #1 though. I’ve found it’s nearly impossible to quit a team you love. I’ve not been able to.

 

34 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I live in LA.  I'm getting pressure from friends/family to become a Rams fan.  I'm still holding out for some idiotic reason.

 

It's YOUR free time to do what you want with it. You don't owe a team anything, nor do they you. Life's too short to anchor yourselves to something that makes you miserable, if that be your current reality or anyone's.  You don't actually get a worthwhile medal for remaining monogamous to a sports team, though maybe Washington has a masochism award that people somehow find irresistible?

It's just my opinion, and take it for nothing more than that. I love the game itself,  in spite of the corruption, and have zero regrets about enjoying multiple teams. Makes it more interesting, for me. The downside is you don't get the gushing feel of superiority for "staying true", but the upside is having some backup options that increase the overall joy of a football season. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Man, that’s gotta be hard. At worst I’d start investing some time in the Rams and then if the skins somehow get good in the next 5-10 years you can always root for them to win it all. Of course the skins will probably always be your #1 though. I’ve found it’s nearly impossible to quit a team you love. I’ve not been able to.

If that were me I would be all over the Chargers. Lots of upside. LOTS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mike23md said:

If that were me I would be all over the Chargers. Lots of upside. LOTS. 

They won’t have a QB soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They won’t have a QB soon.

Rivers has a lot left, at least 2 more years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mike23md said:

Rivers has a lot left, at least 2 more years. 

Yeah, that’s pretty soon. Same with the Steelers. Yes, they have Mason Rudolph, but there’s no guarantee he develops into anything at all. After Ben retires in Pitt, at best they’re going to be avg for a while leaning mostly on the running game and defense. For example, last time the Steelers lost a Hall of Fame QB, it was 24 years until they found another great QB. These guys just do t grow on trees, as Redskins fans know well. Same with the Chargers, although both teams did have decent teams in the 1990s, those weren’t sustained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2018 at 10:14 AM, turtle28 said:

Jon Allen & the guys like him on the team like CT, Crowder, Ioannidis (If re-signed), Scherff, Guice, Roullier, Moses, Daron Payne, Dunny, Moreau, SDH are the players we need to build this team around. 

Its pretty obvious, and those are the ones we need to be cheering for their development and their futures on this twam.

It would be great to build a team around these guys, even Thompson who takes half the season off. The problem is how many of these guys can they realistically resign? These kids work thier whole lives for chances to play in big games, have their own brand/endorsements and those opportunities just aren’t there for them with this organization 

God I called them kids, now I feel old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigdog44 said:

It would be great to build a team around these guys, even Thompson who takes half the season off. The problem is how many of these guys can they realistically resign? These kids work thier whole lives for chances to play in big games, have their own brand/endorsements and those opportunities just aren’t there for them with this organization 

God I called them kids, now I feel old. 

If they start to turn the team/culture around themselves over tge next few years, I’d have to say most of them will want to return and be part of building that. Especially, Jon Allen bc he’s from NoVa. 

And, I wouldn’t say CT “takes 1/2 the season off” breaking your leg and then ribs in successive seasons isn’t exactly taking the season off.  Im sure he hates that he’s missed most of the season.

Also, I’d say even though we haven’t realistically had a chance to make the playoffs after Alex & Colt broke their legs, the guys did play in games that we’re essentially playoff games the last month and probably would’ve won one or two more of them if Alex or Colt were healthy. 

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

If they start to turn the team/culture around themselves over tge next few years, I’d have to say most of them will want to return and be part of building that. Especially, Jon Allen bc he’s from NoVa. 

And, I wouldn’t say CT “takes 1/2 the season off” breaking your leg and then ribs in successive seasons isn’t exactly taking the season off.  Im sure he hates that he’s missed most of the season.

Also, I’d say even though we haven’t realistically had a chance to make the playoffs after Alex & Colt broke their legs, the guys did play in games that we’re essentially playoff games the last month and probably would’ve won one or two more of them if Alex or Colt were healthy. 

You really think Alex Smith was going to play well.... errr do what he was doing once all the injuries hit the O line?  

Yes the Thompson injuries are unfortunate but clearly there’s a pattern a la Reed and they can’t be trusted to hold up to a major role or a big contract. 

Maybe Allen re-ups because he’s from there but if your counting on a D Tackle to build a successful organization it has to start much higher than him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigdog44 said:

You really think Alex Smith was going to play well.... errr do what he was doing once all the injuries hit the O line?  

Yes the Thompson injuries are unfortunate but clearly there’s a pattern a la Reed and they can’t be trusted to hold up to a major role or a big contract. 

Maybe Allen re-ups because he’s from there but if your counting on a D Tackle to build a successful organization it has to start much higher than him. 

I think Alex was going to play well enough to have us at one more win, maybe two more right now.

I think with Alex we beat the Titans, I don’t think he throws those two ints vs them, I don’t think he plays as miserable as Sanchez did vs the Giants and I don’t think Alex throws 3 ints vs the Cowboys like Colt did. 

Now does that mean we win all those games? No, I never said that, but another win or two would’ve happened IMO if Alex didn’t break his leg in two.

Hmm... I seem to remember a certain defensive lineman in the 90s who helped build both the Eagles into a playoff squad with one of the most feared defenses in the NFL and then he left in FA to go to Green Bay and helped build the Packers into a Super Bowl Championship team.

Now, I’m not saying Allen does it on his own, but he can certainly build the foundation, leadership and culture this franchise hasn’t had in some time.

Of course he’s going to need help, no one player does it on their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×