What do we have to look forward to as fans?

mar29020

On 12/28/2018 at 1:55 PM, turtle28 said:

Hmm... I seem to remember a certain defensive lineman in the 90s who helped build both the Eagles into a playoff squad with one of the most feared defenses in the NFL and then he left in FA to go to Green Bay and helped build the Packers into a Super Bowl Championship team.

If they need Jonathan Allen to be Reggie freakin White they’re toast. 

On 12/29/2018 at 12:00 AM, Skins212689 said:

I don't see how any player would want to sign or resign here unless they have no other choice at this point. As a player or fan I'm to the point where this organization has proven they have no value to winning. They are incompetent and money, ego, or being drafting is the only reason I would want to be a Washington Redskin right now. Allen or Scherff haven't been resigned yet and It's possible we will never know would they (if resigned), resigned here if given the opportunity to test Free Agency. These guys coming from winning programs like Alabama I don't think come into the NFL not to make the playoffs or win a Super Bowl. 

Yet, players continue to sign in DC and re-sign in DC when thru have other options. Look I understand your point but it’s just not been true. Even this decade the Redskins have had a few free agents sign each offseason who clearly had other choices.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yet, players continue to sign in DC and re-sign in DC when thru have other options. Look I understand your point but it’s just not been true. Even this decade the Redskins have had a few free agents sign each offseason who clearly had other choices.

Who else was pursuing Paul Richardson in Free Agency for as much they paid him? Who else wanted McClain from Dallas for the money they paid him? 

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Who else was pursuing Paul Richardson in Free Agency for as much they paid him? Who else wanted McClain from Dallas for the money they paid him? 

A lot of teams Wanted PRich.

Dallas wanted McClain back - Rod Marinelli didn’t want to lose him - and Oakland wanted to re-sign McGee but they didn’t want to give them the contracts we gave them. I do know that Tomsula approved of both of them and I don’t think he would lie to the press about it.

I don’t remember exactly how many or what the market was, it’s kind of impossible to know because most of the talk that goes on during FA and the draft is rumors/smoke screen.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

There was hope until now. Its more toxic than it ever has been. 

Again, the dysfunction tax is real.

Players may sign or re-sign simply because of limited spaces on other rosters. But they darned well are gonna make us overpay to keep/sign them.

6 hours ago, taylor made said:

Even a Broken clock is right twice a day. I think they can nab one good player and hopefully two out of those picks!

Allen lucked into Allen and Payne. Planning on luck is not really planning.

28 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

There was hope until now. Its more toxic than it ever has been. 

Again, the dysfunction tax is real.

Players may sign or re-sign simply because of limited spaces on other rosters. But they darned well are gonna make us overpay to keep/sign them.

The Lafemina firing- from Dan's year long courtship, to the power struggle and then firing him instead of letting him quit- all in a period that lasted less time than the negotiations to bring in Lafemina- will have ramifications for years.  And it won't just be the business operations that feels it.  Football operations is going to feel it.  The players are going to feel it by continuing to play in front of middling crowds.  No one is going to come in to play savior now after they saw what happened to Scot McCloughan and Brian Lafemina. 

I just googled Paul Richardson free agent, he was definitely a hot commodity. Ravens were rumored to want him, basically every team who needed a starting WR had some interest.

Charley Casserly was on NFL Network said he’s a legitimate fast guy but needs to be more consistent. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agency/0ap3000000920920/Casserly-Paul-Richardson-is-a-legitimate-fast-guy-but-must-be-more-consistent

2018 NFL free agency: Paul Richardson is the deep threat the Bills need | Bills Wire via @thebillswire

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/11/2018-nfl-free-agency-buffalo-bills-paul-richardson/

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/03/top-2018-nfl-free-agents-by-position-offense

Not sure why this site had Richardson listed below Pryor. Richardson was pretty good two years ago for the Seagulls and Pryor was awful for us.

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

You just showed us a list that had him behind Terrell’s Pryor? Lol

Which was obviously wrong. He’s also ahead of John Brown, Donte Moncrief, Taylor Gabriel, Mike Wallace and Albert Wilson. The point of the list wasn’t to prove that the list was correct, the point was to show people that PRich was one of the most sought after WRs in free agency last year.

I mean, I guess we could’ve given Ryan Grant $5 million for 35 recs and 1 TD, would you have rather done that?

35 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Which was obviously wrong. He’s also ahead of John Brown, Donte Moncrief, Taylor Gabriel, Mike Wallace and Albert Wilson. The point of the list wasn’t to prove that the list was correct, the point was to show people that PRich was one of the most sought after WRs in free agency last year.

I mean, I guess we could’ve given Ryan Grant $5 million for 35 recs and 1 TD, would you have rather done that?

I don't think you did yourself any favors turtle. Not exactly the greatest list ever......

Richardson - 5 yr 40 mil / 16.5 gtd

Pryor - lol

Lee - 4 yr 34 million

Amendola - 2 12 mil

Brown - 1 yr 5 million

Moncrief - 1 9.6 mil

Gabriel - 4 26 mil

Wallace - 1 4 mil

Albert Wilson - 3 24 mil

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't think you did yourself any favors turtle. Not exactly the greatest list ever......

Richardson - 5 yr 40 mil / 16.5 gtd

Pryor - lol

Lee - 4 yr 34 million

Amendola - 2 12 mil

Brown - 1 yr 5 million

Moncrief - 1 9.6 mil

Gabriel - 4 26 mil

Wallace - 1 4 mil

Albert Wilson - 3 24 mil

Whatever, I made my point.

And, Richardson’s deal is essentially a 2 year $17.5 million deal. 

The Redskins can opt out after next year if PRich isn’t better next year.

Archived