Week 17 - The GRINCH who stole Christmas

N4L

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah....

let's not forget the too early kneel down against the Broncos either.

He's got some room for improvement lol

I was actually rooting for you against the Bears, and Mullen had to make a poopy in his pants. Ugh.

43 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

How could the 49ers give us "true adversity" then?

By having the rams play on wildcard weekend, which would mean losing 3 of their last 4 games and having to play a game against MIN/PHI and potentially not have gurley

That is a bad stretch of games. By losing to the bears then beating you we will have made your starters play an additional two games. That would greatly decrease your superbowl chances, especially because everyone basically wrote it in pen you would have a first round bye. Falling short of expectations = adversity

You guys clinched the division like three weeks ago right? same as last year if I remember correctly

Up until the bears game this year McVay hadnt even lost back to back games as a HC (unless you count week 17 and the stinker of a playoff game you played last year)

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah....

let's not forget the too early kneel down against the Broncos either.

He's got some room for improvement lol

Apparently the scoreboard showed third down when he took a knee on fourth

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

By having the rams play on wildcard weekend, which would mean losing 3 of their last 4 games and having to play a game against MIN/PHI and potentially not have gurley

That is a bad stretch of games. By losing to the bears then beating you we will have made your starters play an additional two games. That would greatly decrease your superbowl chances

You guys clinched the division like three weeks ago right? same as last year if I remember correctly

Up until the bears game this year McVay hadnt even lost back to back games as a HC (unless you count week 17 and the stinker of a playoff game you played last year)

Gurley could have played last week. They're being cautious with him to get him as healthy as possible for the playoffs. No, we didn't clinch the division early in the season last year. And your "true adversity" plan hinges on something else happening . . . the Bears have to beat the Vikings in Minnesota.

28 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I was actually rooting for you against the Bears, and Mullen had to make a poopy in his pants. Ugh.

All things considered he was actually pretty good against Chicago. Big mistake not running it for the first down on 4th down and had a pretty bad miss to Kittle the play prior, but he definitely didn't fall apart against that defense as some thought he would do. It also didn't help he lost his #1 WR target in Pettis early in the game. Basically, this man still has high 2nd round value!!!! Come on Jacksonville, Washington, Miami and NYG, pull the trigger on this man!!!

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

All things considered he was actually pretty good against Chicago. Big mistake not running it for the first down on 4th down and had a pretty bad miss to Kittle the play prior, but he definitely didn't fall apart against that defense as some thought he would do. It also didn't help he lost his #1 WR target in Pettis early in the game. Basically, this man still has high 2nd round value!!!! Come on Jacksonville, Washington, Miami and NYG, pull the trigger on this man!!!

Sorry, their eyes are already set on the Super Bowl MVP. ;)

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Sorry, their eyes are already set on the Super Bowl MVP. ;)

But only one team could get Foles, so my post still applies to the rest of the teams. We have basically convinced ourselves on this forum that we can find a way to turn Mullens into Ramsey with some other draft compensation LOL.

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But only one team could get Foles, so my post still applies to the rest of the teams. We have basically convinced ourselves on this forum that we can find a way to turn Mullens into Ramsey with some other draft compensation LOL.

I still think that we make a lot of sense as a trading partner for the Jags if they really want to move on from Ramsey. I'm not sure that they do, but we have the higher pick so that they can get their quarterback if they love Haskins, and if the picks stay as they are (#2 and #9) , the difference in the swap would be a high first round pick (#11 on the old value chart, pick 14 by the "new trade value chart" that was created by pats pulpit...only the harvard trade value chart doesn't value the swap very highly but I'm reasonably sure that nobody uses that for the most part as the trades that have been made certainly don't support that it's in use) so that could easily be the centerpiece of a deal that involves ramsey. If the Jags are also thinking of moving on from Jackson / Dareus, we could also offer Solly in a potential trade as a cheap replacement with upside to replace one of those guy in a different trade set up.

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I believe they call that the Kevin Kolb. ;)

6 hours ago, Forge said:

Sherman thinks we are going to at least make a play for ET. I like hearing that

Don't think it means much though. Thomas wants to be a Cowboy and if they can offer him decent money, it's going to happen. Kris Richards being there is even more if a incentive, as I read he and Thomas were real tight when he was the DB coach in Seattle. I just think it's highly unlikely Thomas ends up a Niner. 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Don't think it means much though. Thomas wants to be a Cowboy and if they can offer him decent money, it's going to happen. Kris Richards being there is even more if a incentive, as I read he and Thomas were real tight when he was the DB coach in Seattle. I just think it's highly unlikely Thomas ends up a Niner. 

As much as I want ET I can’t help but have a gut feeling this is what happens although I’m not sure they’d be willing to dish the kind of cash we might be. I’ve been focusing more at FS for the draft now as I don’t really see anything in FA that would address that need for us outside of ET and maybe Mathieu if the Texans let him leave but I’m not a fan of Joyner really at all. Nasir Adderly Fromm Delaware is a guy I like a lot. Jaquan Johnson from Miami is interesting, he’s smaller and a little athletically limited possibly from what I read but the guy has great instincts and IQ and doesn’t mind using his should pads. 

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Cowboys will be having some interesting decisions coming up this offseason. A lot of cap space will be cleared up but they can also starting handing out some extensions to players like Elliot. Then you have Cooper who will soon be a FA as well as Dak. Oh yeah, Lawrence probably gets his big deal this offseason too. 

Going to be tough for them to give ET the most money. If he wants to play in Dallas regardless, then it can happen. But he will likely have to take some sort of a discount.

We need to offer him like a 3-4 year deal with $10-12 million per season. 

Archived