What''s the best/worst draft position we can get?

coachbuns

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Huh?  Why?

Because I wanted us to lose out! I became greedy about draft position towards the end of the season. B| 

I'm also a realist, usually, and understand that a team with a interim head coach fighting for a possible HC job isn't going to lay down or make that call. 

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

I'm glad you consider me one of the guys!   :D  I'm actually a retired lady from GB now living in FL.  You older GB guys might remember the Academy?  I'm one of those too.  lol   Folks down here find it kinda neat that I talk football like a guy.  B|

You bet ... even better.  

7 hours ago, Slinky said:

Murphy and Gute totally f'ed us by not sitting Rodgers. Simpleton-thinking asshats. 

Its not simpleton-thinking. They knew 100% what would happen and were fully aware. Gute will know that winning makes his job harder. It frustrating though, we could end up trading the NO pick to get back to the position we would be if we lose.

We could have picked the starters, let Adams rack up his stats and then easily tank the over-time for the greater good. Honestly, I'd have told the returner to fumble the OT kick-off and be done with it. 

2 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Its not simpleton-thinking. They knew 100% what would happen and were fully aware. Gute will know that winning makes his job harder. It frustrating though, we could end up trading the NO pick to get back to the position we would be if we lose.

We could have picked the starters, let Adams rack up his stats and then easily tank the over-time for the greater good. Honestly, I'd have told the returner to fumble the OT kick-off and be done with it. 

Gute and Murphy obviously valued victory over tanking ... they must not have tanking as part of their mindset they want for this organization.  It's going to cost us a bit in the draft, but maybe it helps when it comes to the mindset of many of the young players that make up this roster.  I was pro-tank, but I'm over it .. team might as well win this last one and end the season on a positive note.

15 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Of course it is Philbin and the assistant coaches.  Did you think Ted told McCarthy who to play on Sundays?  

I agree that the head coach typically makes the call on who plays on game day, but doc McKenzie has a say in who is healthy enough to go, and Gute and Murphy can can override anything that Philbin does.  I think if people are wanting to direct blame at someone for allowing Rodgers to play the finger should be pointed at Murphy and Gute.  If they wanted to tank they could have easily told Philbin that Rodgers is sitting and he would have followed their orders.  Philbin's job is to win games .. not try to appease fans who want to pick a few slots higher in the draft.

Archived