What''s the best/worst draft position we can get?

coachbuns

11 hours ago, Slinky said:

Pugger. You're crazy if you think that decision was Philbin's. You're smarter than that. 

Management wants to see how Philbin handles all of what goes into being a HC right now so I DO think it was Joe's decision.   Do we really want Murphy and Gute sticking their noses into these football decisions??

13 hours ago, Pugger said:

Management wants to see how Philbin handles all of what goes into being a HC right now so I DO think it was Joe's decision.   Do we really want Murphy and Gute sticking their noses into these football decisions??

Murphy has made it clear now how much he sticks his nose in the GM's/coaches business. If Murphy or Gute didn't want Aaron playing, Aaron would not have been playing. Regardless of what Philbin wanted. 

3 hours ago, Slinky said:

Murphy has made it clear now how much he sticks his nose in the GM's/coaches business. If Murphy or Gute didn't want Aaron playing, Aaron would not have been playing. Regardless of what Philbin wanted. 

What has Murphy said that leads you to believe this?  

20 hours ago, Pugger said:

What has Murphy said that leads you to believe this?  

You yanking my chain Pugger? For starters, HE will be deciding on who the new coach is. Not the GM. Did you watch his presser with Gute a while back? Also, Gute and Mac had to report to him anytime a decision were to be made regarding internal decision. He's a damn president who thinks he's the GM. Oh, he's definitely a big-time meddler. Philbin had NO say in if Rodgers was gonna sit or not.

19 minutes ago, Slinky said:

You yanking my chain Pugger? For starters, HE will be deciding on who the new coach is. Not the GM. Did you watch his presser with Gute a while back? Also, Gute and Mac had to report to him anytime a decision were to be made regarding internal decision. He's a damn president who thinks he's the GM. Oh, he's definitely a big-time meddler. Philbin had NO say in if Rodgers was gonna sit or not.

Murphy get a bad rap .. he's a football man.  He's highly connected, and has been a pro bowl player, a nfl labor lawyer, an AD at a Big 10 school, and Packers President.  He knows what he's doing ... far superior football skills to our former team presidents.  I really do believe that Murphy and Gute are a team .. Gute is going to have a huge say in everything that happens going forward.  There's way too much belly-aching over our current administration structure.

48 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Murphy get a bad rap .. he's a football man.  He's highly connected, and has been a pro bowl player, a nfl labor lawyer, an AD at a Big 10 school, and Packers President.  He knows what he's doing ... far superior football skills to our former team presidents.  I really do believe that Murphy and Gute are a team .. Gute is going to have a huge say in everything that happens going forward.  There's way too much belly-aching over our current administration structure.

Gute will have say, but Murphy will have final word.

But this convo stemmed from Pugger thinking Philbin actually made the call whether Rodgers was gonna play or sit the final 2 games. Philbin has about as much say as a Lambeau beer vendor. 

26 minutes ago, Slinky said:

Gute will have say, but Murphy will have final word.

But this convo stemmed from Pugger thinking Philbin actually made the call whether Rodgers was gonna play or sit the final 2 games. Philbin has about as much say as a Lambeau beer vendor. 

I actually agree .. if Murphy and Gute wanted Rodgers shut down .. he'd be shut down.  They sure as heck aren't going to let Philbin overrule them in anything.  I was a full tank proponent, but apparently nobody else there sees it my way. 

13 hours ago, Slinky said:

I love how you are so certain what is going on inside 1265.  You don't know any more of what is really happening than any of us so don't make these claims like they are gospel.  I have a hard time believing Philbin isn't involved in who is going to play for him on Sunday.  Sure, Murphy and Gute may have a say but you make it sound like Philbin is just sitting there and nodding his head like a bobblehead doll to whatever Murphy and Gute say.  lol

11 hours ago, Pugger said:

I love how you are so certain what is going on inside 1265.  You don't know any more of what is really happening than any of us so don't make these claims like they are gospel.  I have a hard time believing Philbin isn't involved in who is going to play for him on Sunday.  Sure, Murphy and Gute may have a say but you make it sound like Philbin is just sitting there and nodding his head like a bobblehead doll to whatever Murphy and Gute say.  lol

Wow, you are quite naive if you think Philbin had any say in whether Rodgers would play or not. xD

13 hours ago, Slinky said:

Wow, you are quite naive if you think Philbin had any say in whether Rodgers would play or not. xD

And you are arrogant thinking you have a clue what is going on inside that building on Lombardi Avenue.  I didn't just fall off the turnip truck, young man.

Archived