Moretti's Christmas Mock

moretti19

Merry Christmas everyone! Just got done building a princess fort and have time to put together a mock. This will be the last one I do until the end of College Football. I will assume the Packers pick 14th and New Orleans wins the Super Bowl.

s-l640.jpg

Head Coach:

Pete Carmichael – Sean Payton gets all of the praise for the Saints' offensive dominance, but Carmichael has a significant role as offensive coordinator, and people around the league know it. He will likely draw interest this offseason as well.

USATSI_9502126_168384367_lowres.jpg

We keep Pettine as D-coordinator.

Resigns:

Breeland,

Wilkerson 

Tonyan,

Gilbert, 

McCray

Free Agents:

Landon Collins:

Before the season, NFL contract experts valued Collins at about $12-13 million per year on the free-agent market.

“Landon showed up every day the same person: Fun, great person to be around, happy, talkative being Landon," Jenkins said. “Never did he (let on) that he had in his head contract. But, at the end of the day, business is business.”

usatsi_10291283.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Za’Darius Smith

Za’Darius Smith is headed for a huge payday on the open market in March. For the first time in his four-year career, Smith is playing more than 50 percent of the Baltimore Ravens’ defensive snaps, and he’s capitalizing on the extra time. He’s already matched his single-season high in sacks (5.5) and leads the Ravens in quarterback hits (13).

USATSI_9576295-718x490.jpg

Jesse James | Tight End | #81

Team:  Pittsburgh Steelers
Age / DOB:   (24) / 6/4/1994
Ht / Wt:   6'7' / 261
College:  Penn State

r127085_600x600_1-1.jpg

#1A

Florida_logo.gif Jawaan Taylor*, OT, Florida 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 340. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.35. 
Projected Round (2019): 1. 

12/8/18: Taylor has been excellent for the Gators in 2018. He has been steady in pass protection and as a tough run blocker. In speaking to team sources after the end of the regular season, multiple teams say they have Taylor as the top offensive line prospect for the 2019 NFL Draft. They feel that Taylor will be the first blocker drafted and could go high in the first round. 

Team sources love Taylor's combination of size, movement skills, and strength. Sources feel that 6-foot-5, 340-pounder has an excellent skill set with upside to be a top tackle in the NFL. 

Here's what one national scout texted me about Taylor, "I bet you Jawaan Taylor is the first tackle to go in the draft if he comes out. I haven't seen him hardly anywhere from the experts, haha." In speaking to a general manager of a team in need of tackle help, they said that Taylor was their top offensive tackle prospect as well. While it is still early in the 2019 NFL Draft process, entering the offseason portion multiple NFL teams have Taylor as a their top-rated offensive lineman and think he could be a high first-round pick. 

8/28/18: Taylor played right tackle for the Gators last year and has impressed some team evaluators. "Taylor at Florida is very talented with size, movement skills, and strength," said one scout. "His stock could boom with a strong season. He needs to be more consistent though." In the final two games of the 2017 season, Taylor started at left tackle for Florida. If he can't play on the blind side, he could be a guard or right tackle in the NFL.

TaylorJawaan_160917_4827_JimBurgess.jpg

1B from Saints

OhioState_logo.gif Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 205. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.35. 
Projected Round (2019): 1-2. 

12/1/18: Campbell has 71 receptions for 825 yards with 10 touchdowns this season. He had a long touchdown run against Michigan. Campbell has produced some big, clutch plays for the Buckeyes in 2018. 

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Campbell checks in at 6-foot, 205 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in blistering 4.35 seconds. His arms measure at 32.38 inches, his hands at 9.63 inches, plus he has a 75.38-inch wing span. 

Campbell has shown that he is an explosive play-maker, but his receiving production has been held back by Ohio State struggling to pass the ball. In 2017, he totaled 40 receptions for 584 yards and three touchdowns. He dropped some passes, but Campbell never could get in any groove or consistency as a receiver because J.T. Barrett had such limitations throwing the ball. 
7846875.jpg
Campbell made only 13 receptions for 121 yards in 2016, but sources from multiple teams had told me that Campbell has big-time ability and they believe he can break out. They also think Campbell could have No. 1 receiver mismatch talent against pro receivers. He probably will take on a bigger role for Ohio State in 2018

Round 2

NotreDame_logo.gif Jerry Tillery, 3-4DE, Notre Dame 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 304. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.80. 
Projected Round (2019): 1-2. 

12/15/18: Tillery was phenomenal to open the season and dominated Michigan to help Notre Dame to a seven-point win. In 2018, he has 30 tackles with eight sacks, 10.5 tackles for a loss and three forced fumbles on the season. Tillery is playing like a first- or second-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. 

8/29/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Tillery checks in at 6-foot-6, 304 pounds with 33.63-inch arms, 10.63-inch hands, and a wingspan of 82 inches. They have him running a fast 40-yard dash at 4.80 seconds. 

Over the past few years, Tillery has played well for Notre Dame and has been active at the point of attack. For 2017, he totaled 47 tackles with nine for a loss, 4.5 sacks and a forced fumble. Tillery had 37 tackles with three tackles for a loss in 2016. The sophomore played better than the numbers illustrate and caused some havoc in the backfield. Tillery has a good skill set to develop and is capable of compiling more production

636439406364379237-USATSI-10271267-1-.jp

RD 3:

Michigan_logo.gif Khaleke Hudson*, S, Michigan 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 205. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.52. 
Projected Round (2019): 2-4. 

12/8/18: Thus far in 2018, Hudson has 38 tackles with 3.5 sacks and one pass broken up. He needs to improve his pass coverage. 

8/29/18: After serving as a backup during his freshman campaign, Hudson broke out in 2017. The first-year starter notched 83 tackles with 18.5 tackles for a loss, eight sacks, nine passes broken up and two interceptions on the season. Hudson is an excellent blitzer with the upside to develop more coverage skills. He will be an interesting prospect to watch and has the potential to rise.

mjv.FBC_.vsMinnesota.11.4.17.868.jpg?ito

Rd4 (wash)

Maryland_logo.gif Derwin Gray, G, Maryland 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 336. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.25. 
Projected Round (2019): 3-5. 

12/8/18: Gray missed the start of the season due to his continued recovery from offseason surgery. He has returned to the field, but it would help him if he is able to play in the Senior Bowl or East-West Shrine. 

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Gray checks in at 6-foot-4, 336 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in 5.25 seconds. Other data has his measurements as 33.63-inch arms, 10-inch hands, and an 82.5-inch wing span. 

Gray was Maryland's starter at left tackle in 2017 and did a solid job on the blind side. He has pretty good athleticism for a thick-bodied blocker, and he uses his size to be effective in the ground game. In speaking to team sources, they are projecting Gray to the inside at guard and have him as a candidate to graded for the first four rounds of the 2019 NFL Draft entering the 2018 season.

usa_today_9557151.0.jpg

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019OG.php#ixzz5aiIdzHrD

RD4:

USC_logo.gif Porter Gustin, 3-4OLB, USC 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 267. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.80. 

12/15/18: Gustin played well for USC in 2018, showing his ability to get after the quarterback off the edge. He totaled 28 tackles, seven sacks and one pass broken up before going out for the year with a fractured ankle. The injury really hurts Gustin draft's positioning because he has major medical red flags and durability concerns. 

8/29/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Gustin checks in at 6-foot-4, 267 pounds with 33.5-inch arms, 10-inch hands, and a wingspan of 78.75 inches. They have him running the 40-yard dash in 4.80 seconds. 

Gustin had 16 tackles with three tackles for a loss and three sacks in 2017. Toe and biceps injuries sidelined him after three games. He missed five games, came back to play against Arizona State, and then missed the remaining contests. Gustin was wise return to USC for 2018 to put together a healthy season before going pro
7490734.jpg

Rd5

KansasState_logo.gif Alex Barnes*, RB, Kansas State 
Height: 6-1. Weight: 227. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.59. 

12/1/18: Barnes ran really well for Kansas State, averaging 5.3 yards per carry in 2018 for 1,355 yards with 12 touchdowns. He also had 20 receptions for 194 yards. Barnes hits the hole with quickness, runs through arm tackles, and picks up a lot of yards after contact. 

8/28/18: Barnes is a big back who is a power runner. He averaged 5.2 yard per carry for 702 yards last year after notching 7.9 yards per carry for 442 yards the previous year. Each season, Barnes totaled six touchdowns.

Alex+Barnes+new+fs1.jpg

Rd6:

Duke_logo.gif Joe Giles-Harris*, ILB/OLB, Duke 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 230. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.75. 
Projected Round (2019): 5-7. 

12/15/18: In 2018, Giles-Harris has 81 tackles with two passes broken up and .5 sacks. 

8/29/18: Giles-Harris is a smart defender who has been a steady linebacker in the ACC over the past two seasons. He amassed 125 tackles with 16 for a loss, 4.5 sacks, four breakups, one forced fumble and one interception in 2017. For 2016, Giles-Harris totaled 107 tackles with 9.5 tackles for a loss, four sacks, one interception and two breakups

joegilesharris.jpg

Rd7

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/FloridaState_logo.gif

FloridaState_logo.gif Jacques Patrick, FB/RB, Florida State 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 231. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.58. 
Projected Round (2019): 6-FA. 

12/1/18: This season, Patrick averaged 3.5 yards per carry for 378 yards with one touchdown and recorded 17 receptions for 204 yards. 

8/28/18: Patrick is a big back who would be a starter at most schools, but with Dalvin Cook and then Cam Akers, Patrick has been a backup at Florida State. In 2017, Patrick averaged 5.8 yards per carry for 687 yards with six touchdowns. He also had 19 receptions for 145 yards. Patrick could compete to be a backup running back and special teams contributor in the NFL.

858755118-miami-v-florida-state.jpg.jpg&

I like the free agency and fine with the coaching choice.

I’m okay with the draft. I’d personally rather see us take an edge and squeeze another year out of Bulaga.

I like Paris but he is a little underdeveloped as a receiver to go in round 1 (I’d rather get an AJ Brown). The guy has talent though and should be a nice playmaker his second or third year in the league.

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

I like the free agency and fine with the coaching choice.

I’m okay with the draft. I’d personally rather see us take an edge and squeeze another year out of Bulaga.

I like Paris but he is a little underdeveloped as a receiver to go in round 1 (I’d rather get an AJ Brown). The guy has talent though and should be a nice playmaker his second or third year in the league.

I think Paris can come in and play slot. He is sooo quick it will as much needed speed to this offense. Rogers loves throwing to open guys and this guy creates the most separation.

18 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

More needs to be done at EDGE imo.

im starting to think I’m ready to move on from Gilbert and think he’s basically taking up a valuable roster spot at this point.

I agree and expect Gilbert to be cut in the Pre Season. We added 2 outside rushers though.

Archived