Week 17 GDT vs. Oakland Raiders

KC_Guy

getting cold out there ...

Kansas-City-Chiefs-cheerleaders-GettyIma

Game has been flexed into the afternoon, kickoff at 3:25 PM CST. I hate it.

Oakland just pummeled the Broncos, so they are still playing ball. And the old rivalry is still there. But Chiefs need to win this one, no matter what.

I was worried they would be flat once they saw the Chargers had lost. That was proven out.

Perhaps this week will be better. It has been shown that home-field is too abstract a reward to motivate a team to put out extra effort. However, a bye week is much more tangible. Also, we will get to see some more of Eric Berry and possibly some LDT.

J

IF, if Andy sat some starters/didn't activate starters to get a look at what our young kids can do with many snaps to prepare for the playoffs;  IF that was the intent, I suppose I'm ok with it.  As long as he knows what he's doing to get the ENTIRE roster playoff ready, let's roll.  That'd better be the case....if not, I'm pissed. 

Watkins didn't practice again today so I'm assuming he will just sit out until the playoffs. The offense looks more crisp when he's on the field but he's making some serious bank for the amount of availability from him. I hope there's some sort of restructure in the future if all we get out of him is 10-11 games. 

5 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Watkins didn't practice again today so I'm assuming he will just sit out until the playoffs. The offense looks more crisp when he's on the field but he's making some serious bank for the amount of availability from him. I hope there's some sort of restructure in the future if all we get out of him is 10-11 games. 

I think the offense is missing Hunt more than Watkins personally. But having Watkins on the field is better than Dieter or Benjamin so he needs to come back healthy.

49 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

A must win. Losing the division in week 17 and having to go on the road on WC weekend would be an unmitigated disaster.

No offense, but nonsense.

It's only a must win if a playoff spot is on the line. It's important, it's the Raiders, it's the division, but it isn't life/death.

J

1 minute ago, onejayhawk said:

It's only a must win if a playoff spot is on the line. It's important, it's the Raiders, it's the division, but it isn't life/death.

J

I'd rather not have them go to New England or Houston and get some needed rest. Obviously it's not life or death, but it's of vital importance imo.

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

J

I think we need to get winning again before the playoffs.  Mentally it would be brutal to fall to the raiders based on the quarter of football we have had...  That being said we need to get hot at playoff time not fall apart.  I still hope there are some secret playoff plays and what not up Reids sleeves.  I still say fire Sutton!  Promote the next guy up for the rest of the season.

Archived