Week 17 GDT vs. Oakland Raiders

KC_Guy

We have three players with 9 or more sacks--Jones, Ford, and Houston. Bailey has six and no one else has more than 2.5. I am not sure what to make of that.

Hill and Kelce combined for 190 receptions, 2815 yards, and 22 receiving TD. Hill also has 151 yards rushing, one rushing TD, and one return TD. 

J

20 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

We have three players with 9 or more sacks--Jones, Ford, and Houston. Bailey has six and no one else has more than 2.5. I am not sure what to make of that.

Hill and Kelce combined for 190 receptions, 2815 yards, and 22 receiving TD. Hill also has 151 yards rushing, one rushing TD, and one return TD. 

J

What to make of that is we have a strong pass rush, but only due to individual talent, not due to scheme. Compared to the Minnesota Vikings, for instance, who have 7 guys with 3 - 6 sacks.

Who's the worst potential matchup for us in the next round? Colts, Chargers or Ravens? Honestly, I think all three are very tough games. Already lost once to the Chargers and scraped by the Ravens. We all have bad memories of playing the Colts in the playoffs, too.

We have won the game. It's so important to win the AFC West again and to get 1 more week to rest the players. Hopefully everybody will be on board for the playoffs.

I liked the performance of Ward yesterday. He had good coverages the entire game. Our defense in general played a pretty good game, through it might also be a mix of a good defensive performance and a very bad Raiders offense. Whatever this performance hopefully gives the guys some confidence for the playoffs and hopefully Berry will be back as healthy as possible. Same for Watkins who we'll need in our offense to negate a possible horrific performance by our defense. It can't be bad to get Ware back as well. Does anybody know what's going on with LDT? He trained this week. Are we still able to activate him from the IR list, since the regular season is now over? It would be cool to get him back as well.

Next week i'm going to enjoy watching the other teams fighting it out. Which one of those 3 teams i would prefer to play? Mhm, i think the Ravens are a tough matchup with their defense and their run game, due to Lamar Jackson. That could be a problem for our run defense all night. The Chargers are probably the most complete team in the conference, but we always played them pretty good in the recent years, so it's maybe a favourable matchup for our scheme, but obviously they are still a great football team that will be a huge challenge, especially for our defense. Than you have the Colts. An underdog team with the most likeliest comeback player of the year in Luck. In the last decades we always seem to have suffered tough losses againt the Colts in the playoffs, so that could scare us as well. In the end any of those teams will be tough to play and i feel that we'll lose against all of them, unless our defense can play better than most of this season. I'm really pessimistic about the playoffs, but i guess that's the nature of beeing a Chiefs fan. Maybe Mahomes can offer us a more positive view regarding the playoffs, starting this season.

11 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

J

I feel like the LBs had like maybe 3 sacks combined? They were terrible all year.

6 hours ago, kempus said:

Who's the worst potential matchup for us in the next round? Colts, Chargers or Ravens? Honestly, I think all three are very tough games. Already lost once to the Chargers and scraped by the Ravens. We all have bad memories of playing the Colts in the playoffs, too.

I think I would prefer the Chargers, here's why.

Yes, they are probably the most complete team but, the crowd noise. They do a lot at the line of scrimmage and when Arrowhead is pumping, this makes it a lot harder. This should simplify their offense, which will help our pathetic defense. Also, Philip Rivers (yeah he did it last game) has always struggled against the Chiefs. I think the odds of him beating KC twice in a year, let alone twice in KC would be a very tall task. I like their chances, plus I like the idea of beating the best on the way to the superbowl.

The Ravens, I think they can beat them just because of how one dimensional their offense is. I think you stack the box and make Jackson throw, and if he does you are in a shoot out, which favors the Chiefs. I think 9 in the box, with Berry back; they can be successful. However, you just know Sutton would be playing 10 yards off receivers and dropping 8 into soft zones and getting torched on the ground.

The Colts, I think are just too hot right now and Andrew Luck is incredible. DO NOT WANT! Plus, their defense is underrated. They also run the ball well. Not a good match up imo.

7 hours ago, kempus said:

colts are the only team i would want to play then chargers then ravens in that order.

7 hours ago, Habbsawce said:

I feel like the LBs had like maybe 3 sacks combined? They were terrible all year.

Closer to 30 than 3. Ford and Houston had 22. The rest of the LB only had 3-4. Our much maligned DL had 24 sacks. Bear in mind that the opposition only had 26 total sacks.

J

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Closer to 30 than 3. Ford and Houston had 22. The rest of the LB only had 3-4. Our much maligned DL had 24 sacks. Bear in mind that the opposition only had 26 total sacks.

J

I wasn't really including Ford and Houston. I realize their listed as LBs but really they're DL edge rushers in my eyes.

3 hours ago, Herm the Squirm said:

In order to properly exorcise our demons, we would need to beat:

1. Luck and the Colts in the divisional round

2. Brady and the Pats in the AFC title game

3. Rams rematch in the Super Bowl

If we somehow achieved that, I would sleep easy the rest of my life.

That would be an insane story forever!

Archived