My 1 and last Mock.

rickyt31

Most of these moves are not 100% what I want, but I'm curious to see what some of you think about these moves. I threw a lot in it. 

COACHING

Image result for john harbaugh

HC - JOHN HARBAUGH 

I believe the rumors about him not signing the contract for more power could be true. It sounds like the same issue the 49ers faced with Jim. The other 2 hot jobs are the Browns & Packers, but I'm having a hard time seeing them giving up their control to him. That's where we can strike. 

OC - John Defillipo 

Before getting fired, he still had a top 10 passing offense. I think he'll get another chance to see if he learned his lesson. 

DC - Don Martindale

He doesn't land an HC job, so he follows JH to us. 

FREE AGENTS: 

Image result for paradis denver broncos

MATT PARADIS, C 

The first step to improving the line. We can't count on Long. 

Related image

RODGER SAFFOLD, OG, 6'5 325LBS

Him and Paradis changes the interior oline completely. Not only do we have to protect Sam, we have to improve the run game. 

Image result for zA'dARIUS SMITH

ZA'DARIUS SMITH , OLB

I had a hard time seeing him hit the market, but the Ravens have to resign a few other players. He follows JH and starts on the opposite side of Jenkins. If not him, I can see us grabbing Barr. Texans & Chiefs have enough to lock up Clowney & Ford. I don't think they will let them go. 

Image result for trevor siemian vikings

TREVOR SIEMIAN, QB

Just need a solid vet behind Sam at this point. 

Image result for darius philon chargers

DARIUS PHILON, 34 DE

5 sacks this season and has the skills to take over in Leo's role. 

Image result for antone exum 49ers

ANTONE EXUM, FS,

The experienced player behind Maye. 

Image result for danny shelton patriots

DANNY SHELTON, NT, 

Going through issues in NE, but we take a shot with him to help improve our run defense. 

TRADE: 

Image result for jalen ramsey 2018

JETS TRADE #3 TO JACKSONVILLE FOR #9, 2ND, 6TH, JALEN RAMSEY

I'm expecting to get ripped for this one. I remember hearing his name on the trading block during the deadline. Then recently, their Owner or GM mention their plans to make a lot of changes if the losing continued. They are also in the market for a new QB. One of these QBs wise rise as the hot name around combine time. Once when it happens, they can't sit at 9 because teams like the Buccs, Giants, and Washington could jump up the board for them. For us, we get our 2nd, but we also add another strong CB. I know he struggled a bit, but he's 24 and we all know he has shut down ability. JH's defense will put Ramsey & Tru in better positions to succeed. 

DARRON LEE - BENGALS FOR 3RD 

Even though he has shown improvements, I think the red flags over the years will add up. I'm open to keeping him, but it wouldn't shock me if we traded him. Bengals were terrible on defense and need all the help they can get. 

JETS TRADE LEO WILLIAMS - RAIDERS FOR 2ND 

After the Raiders trade back one of their first round picks, they trade one of their 2nd round picks to us for Leo. It hasn't been working out for him here or at least in this scheme. I'm not bothered by the punch or anything like that, but I'm honestly worried about waiting for him like we did Wilk. I'm open to keeping him too, but I'm not 100% on him.  

DRAFT

Related image

1(Jax). Devin White, ILB, LSU, 6'1 240lbs 

I had to do my homework on him and I know this pick will surprise a lot of people. We know he's a tackling machine, but people over look his ability to drop back. He has dropped back 341 times and only allowed 19 catches. Adams & White become out Lewis & Reed. Him and Williamson locking down the ILB position.  

Image result for dk metcalf

2(Jax). DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss, 6'4 225lbs

I have to agree with everyone else, he would be a 1st round pick if it wasn't for his injuries. We work him into the mix with Anderson & Enunwa. Sam now has a big body WR to target. He will eventually become our #1. 

Image result for dexter lawrence clemson

2(Raiders). Dexter Lawrence, NT, Clemson, 6'4 350lbs

considering him in the first round after trading back. I've not seen a man his size move like that in years. The fail drug test will be a concern, but going with the BPA route and our need to improve our run defense, I can't see us passing up on him. He reminds me of Kris Jenkins. He will stuff the run and open up gaps for our blitzing LB's. 

Image result for wes hills slippery rock

3. Wes Hills, RB, Slippery Rock/Delaware, 6'2 220lbs

I recently found out about him but I think he will create a David Johnson type of buzz. He's my biggest sleeper and think he will start early. 

Image result for alex bars notre dame

3(Bengals).  Alex Bars, OG, Notre Dame, 6'6 315lbs

One of my favorite oline prospects in this draft. His injury screwed him up, but it happened early in the season which means he'll be ready for next season. With Saffold added, we will plug him in at RG. He'll be the reason why we move on from Winters. 

Image result for joe jackson miami

3(Saints). Joe Jackson, OLB, Miami, 6'5 258lbs

I've seen some boards rank him between 3-4 round. Going BPA, he's going to be one of the best in this round unless he doesn't make it this far. A great pass rusher who could rotate early with Jenkins & Smith. 

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, football and outdoor

4. Tytus Howard, LT, Alabama State, 6'6 310lbs 

Great frame and moves really well. He was once in the 250lbs and built his way up to 310lbs. I think he's perfect to develop behind Beachum and eventually take over. He will be at the Senior Bowl this year. 

Image result for jordan brown south dakota state

5. Jordan Brown, CB, South Dakota State, 6'1 201lbs

A good development CB/ Special teams player. 

Image result for Olive Sagapolu

6. Olie Sagapolu, NT, Wisconsin, 6'2 335lbs

Made improvements before his injury, so I can see him getting a shot here after his solid pro day. He can do a backflip at this size. it's amazing. 

Related image

7. Tanner Muse, SS, Clemson, 6'2 225lbs

Competition for safety depth / Special teams player. 

OFFENSE

We can now protect Sam and improve our rushing attack with our new oline. Sam will now throw to a healthy Anderson, Enunwa, DK, and Herndon. We will rotate Hills, Crowell, and McGuire until Hills take over. I was worried about giving JD a shot after his time with the Vikings, but his numbers weren't bad at all. I don't see Marty returning, so I think it will be him or Kubiak in this situation. Kubiak wasn't great before stepping down. The protection around Sam is a lot better and has his future #1 WR. 

DEFENSE

With this draft class & free agent list, it's going to be easy to improve the defense. I think the player I was most excited about adding was Dexter Lawrence. A player like him can bring so much to the table. The combination of Lawrence, Henderson, Philon opens things up for Smith, Jenkins, Jackson, Williamson, and White. JH's aggressive defense will be perfect for Tru & Ramsey. factor that in with a healthy Maye, our defense will be one of the best in the league. 

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Love the moves, just don't know if Jax trades Ramsey.  Would love to move Leo for Oakland's 2nd and we grab an impact player on offense.

Won't comment on the players because I don't know too many of them.

Yeah, I wanted to make a big splash on offense, but I didn't want to force it. I think  Bell will go to the Colts because they have too much money not to make the move. I was really close to turning the Jacksonville trade into a trade for Odell or AJ Green, but I couldn't defend the trades for those teams. I couldn't think of too many playmakers on offense that could hit the market. So I went the draft route & didn't kill the BPA format. DK is a great WR and I think he will be that impact player. In the 2-3 round, I like him, Collin Johnson and Preston Williams. 

Love Alex Bars.  It's early, but i'd put close to a zero percent chance that Metcalf makes it to the 2nd round.  I'd put close to zero chance of him making it out of the top 20.  Also, nowhere near enough for Ramsey.  That trade puts a value on him at a mid 2nd rounder.  I'd think it'd likely have to be #3 for #9 and Ramsey straight up.  Like the draft otherwise although not sure why you have two NT's drafted plus Shelton.  We still have Pennell as well.  

16 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Love Alex Bars.  It's early, but i'd put close to a zero percent chance that Metcalf makes it to the 2nd round.  I'd put close to zero chance of him making it out of the top 20.  Also, nowhere near enough for Ramsey.  That trade puts a value on him at a mid 2nd rounder.  I'd think it'd likely have to be #3 for #9 and Ramsey straight up.  Like the draft otherwise although not sure why you have two NT's drafted plus Shelton.  We still have Pennell as well.  

It really doesn't value Ramsey at 2nd, it's really a first. We we moved up with the colts, we went from 6th to 3rd by giving up 3 2nd rounders. They are only giving up 1 2nd rounder which means 2 2nd rounders are still on the table. Since they are coming back from a further pick like 9, it's definitely a 1st round value for Ramsey. 

I have to wait on Metcalf. I would never say zero chance on a WR coming off a neck injury and didn't reach 1000 yards in college. We all know the talent is there, but he wouldn't be the first to slide because of injuries.

I drafted two NT's because I wasn't just going for needs, but I was following BPA and since a lot of boards are not set up to rank late picks, it felt like a solid move. We have Pennel, but we need to upgrade that position. We're not in the top 25 vs the run or pass. I don't think anyone on the line is safe besides Henderson. 

Yeah, I love Alex Bars. I think his stock will shoot up when he shows how healthy he is. He's a day 1 starter to me. 

7 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

It really doesn't value Ramsey at 2nd, it's really a first. We we moved up with the colts, we went from 6th to 3rd by giving up 3 2nd rounders. They are only giving up 1 2nd rounder which means 2 2nd rounders are still on the table. Since they are coming back from a further pick like 9, it's definitely a 1st round value for Ramsey. 

I have to wait on Metcalf. I would never say zero chance on a WR coming off a neck injury and didn't reach 1000 yards in college. We all know the talent is there, but he wouldn't be the first to slide because of injuries.

I drafted two NT's because I wasn't just going for needs, but I was following BPA and since a lot of boards are not set up to rank late picks, it felt like a solid move. We have Pennel, but we need to upgrade that position. We're not in the top 25 vs the run or pass. I don't think anyone on the line is safe besides Henderson. 

Yeah, I love Alex Bars. I think his stock will shoot up when he shows how healthy he is. He's a day 1 starter to me. 

I’m going off the TVC which is never 100% accurate, but still a solid barometer. 

In terms of Metcalf, I think he’s the first WR off the board. There’s a ton of receiver needy teams and it’s a weak FA class as we know, so I think a ton will jump off the board early. 

And that’s fair, just confused on why we’d have four of them. 

3 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

I’m going off the TVC which is never 100% accurate, but still a solid barometer. 

In terms of Metcalf, I think he’s the first WR off the board. There’s a ton of receiver needy teams and it’s a weak FA class as we know, so I think a ton will jump off the board early. 

And that’s fair, just confused on why we’d have four of them. 

You could be right about Dk. It's still early. Still could be a great position to take a WR. 

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

That alone plus natural progression from Darnold should add at least 3-4 more wins IMO. 

I agree. Made a huge difference for the Colts and the Cowboys. This with the type of defense I built, we're at least in the 10 win range. 

12 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

You could be right about Dk. It's still early. Still could be a great position to take a WR. 

100%.  Personally, I'd be cool going WR in the 1st, but if not, we definitely need to take one in the 2nd if we get another pick.  I love the WR depth in this class.  I just question how many great WR's will come out of it.

21 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

100%.  Personally, I'd be cool going WR in the 1st, but if not, we definitely need to take one in the 2nd if we get another pick.  I love the WR depth in this class.  I just question how many great WR's will come out of it.

Agreed. If he's healthy and kills the combine, DK could very well be that guy in the first for us. If that's the case, I would just make DK the first + Te'Von Coney in another round. 

Archived