Week 17: Jaguars @ Texans - Is this nightmare over yet?

.Buzz

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

We're locked in at pick 7.

Not awful considering, but gotta love how Shad made that announcement and a top 5 pick turned into 7, and we still sit behind the two teams who could take a QB.

2 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

And for that I’m grateful 🙏.

Oh, Blake, Blake!!

Heavy is my heart that what may have been your Final Game leading the Jaguars did not go as you, and I, had hoped!

I did so wish that you might have one more Fool's Gold game left in your bag of magic tricks, ensuring that the Jags would keep running with you for many years to come!

It wasn't meant to be, somehow.

Know ye this, though, Blake Bortles- in Life, it is not how much we love-but how much we are loved, by others. And know ye that there was one here, anyway, whose Love was a bright-burning flame throughout your storied career- that Love manifesting itself in no end of explanations, rationalizations, blaming of others (coaches, teammates), citing of garbage-time padded stats- and the Life-Quest for that mythical Passing-Technique Guru who would, one day, transport you to Greatness!! Surely, a Love so great as his must stand as some compensation through all the years of disappointment and heartache!

Go Ye, then, Young Bortles- and fight Evil where'er ye may find it!!!

Image result for blake bortles funny images

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

When the Titans are at the crib with us.. I can go to sleep tonight knowing.. all is not lost 😎

Atleast we have a room with a nice bed and window and aren’t in the basement of the crib fending off rats ;)

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

Some people look at the glass half full and some people look at the glass half empty 🤷‍♂️..🤣

Haha see you boys next year. I’ll be peeping my head in here as usual throughout the offseason. Looking forward to next year already.

On 12/26/2018 at 3:20 PM, .Buzz said:

@Speedyg Sounds like a guy that is going to be coming back as our starter next year.

Go read Marquis Lee's interview after he resigned here. He taught he was a goner. 

I still believe the same thing will happen here. They are going to look at that mess of an OL and no LF, and this trio will think they can get by with Blake one more year while grooming a QB.

They are going to look at their options of Flacco, Taylor, and Teddy (who I wish they were higher on) and decide,  thanks but no thanks.

The two veterans, especially Flacco has almost always had a team built on running game and strong defenses...and every off-season his status in that team has been a question (with the exception of off-season after his SB run).  Taylor had a good run game and a young but strong defense, and was benched as a rookie QB took their offense to another level. 

It doesn't matter if it's Tyrod, Flacco, or Blake freaking Bortles. We're going to be in the same spot 3, 4, 5, 6 games in... 

"This guy isn't the answer and we need to see what this young guy can do..."

And unlike this season when they were foolish enough not to take a QB, I at least hope they have learned their lesson. 

2 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Go read Marquis Lee's interview after he resigned here. He taught he was a goner. 

I still believe the same thing will happen here. They are going to look at that mess of an OL and no LF, and this trio will think they can get by with Blake one more year while grooming a QB.

They are going to look at their options of Flacco, Taylor, and Teddy (who I wish they were higher on) and decide,  thanks but no thanks.

The two veterans, especially Flacco has almost always had a team built on running game and strong defenses...and every off-season his status in that team has been a question (with the exception of off-season after his SB run).  Taylor had a good run game and a young but strong defense, and was benched as a rookie QB took their offense to another level. 

It doesn't matter if it's Tyrod, Flacco, or Blake freaking Bortles. We're going to be in the same spot 3, 4, 5, 6 games in... 

"This guy isn't the answer and we need to see what this young guy can do..."

And unlike this season when they were foolish enough not to take a QB, I at least hope they have learned their lesson. 

You could very well be right, with this front office you have to think about the unimaginable which would be to stick with this front office. Because they have had so many obvious egregious errors in how to run a franchise and yet still be able to say they are employed is astonishing to me.

Archived