Week 17: Bears (11-4) at VIKINGS (8-6-1)

Vikes_Bolts1228

NFL_Bears1.gif at NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif

When: 4:25 PM EST December 30th

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman (TV); Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Greg Coleman, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map:  http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=17

All-time series record: Minnesota leads 60-53-2

Season record: Chicago 1-0

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: Xavier Rhodes, Tom Compton , Doubtful: None, Out: Erik Kendricks, Marcus Sherels, C.J. Ham, Chad Bebee

Bears - Questionable: Bilal Nichols  Doubtful: Eddie Jackson, Aaron Lynch, Out: Allen Robinson, Jaquiski Tartt, 

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Talking points:

• The Vikings are playing for their playoff lives. Win and they're in. Lose and their fate is in the hand of the surging Philadelphia Eagles vs. Washington
  • How will Kevin Stenfanki's offense look 3 games into his tenure?
  • At 29 passing touchdowns, Kirk Cousins is one TD away from setting a personal best and becoming the 5th QB to throw 30+ TD passes in a single season.
  • At 4,166 passing yards, Cousins is 99 passing yards away from taking over second place in Vikings history for passing yards in a season (Culpepper w/ 4,717 in 2004).
  • Is Vike_Daddy older than Christ?

33 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

If we can’t beat the Bears at home we wouldn’t make it anywhere in the playoffs anyway. Time to show up.

Yeah, the season's on the line and we're playing a 10 win team.  If they can't rise to the occasion, we wouldn't beat the Bears next week anyway.  It will be interesting to see how much they really want it.

Do the Bears have anything to play for?

So the game got flexed.  Assuming the Packer game is still at noon... snicker.

Very unusual that you guys will basically play them two weeks in a row if you win this week. I wonder if the bears will keep some of their bullets in the gun for WC weekend or if they will go for the kill this week

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Very unusual that you guys will basically play them two weeks in a row if you win this week. I wonder if the bears will keep some of their bullets in the gun for WC weekend or if they will go for the kill this week

They said it depends on the LA game. If the Rams are killing it in the first half, Chicago will sit their starters in the second half, apparently.

I think the Vikings understand what's at stake and find a way to win. Skol!

2 hours ago, N4L said:

We did it with green bay in 2012 too

Archived