Front Office Changes?

AnAngryAmerican

We all know that in a few days the Vance Joseph experiment will come to an end.  It is almost assured that not only with Vance be shown the door but a large number of assistant coaches as well. If Elway & Co. want to make this job appealing, they will need to give the HC candidates license to fill out their own staffs. 

But what about the & Co. part? Elway isn't going anywhere; firing Elway is nice fodder for talk radio and some various blogs and message boards, but I think everyone knows he's not going anywhere. So what, if any, changes do you guys think will be or should be made to the front office?

9 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'd love to see the NFL step in to help with the ownership situation. So that Joe Ellis can be relieved of his duties but that won't happen.

Nope, I don’t think it’s going to happen and I also read that Annabel Bowlen’s lawyers came out and said that they have no issues with how Ellis and the rest over seeing the trust are running the franchise.  

Edited by germ-x

I really don’t think there will be any major changes outside of the coaching staff.  Kubiak may leave, but other than that I don’t see much more happening at the top.

I think the trust continues for the foreseeable future with Brittany Bowlen eventually taking over, which I think was the plan all along.

Edited by germ-x

10 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I'd love to see the NFL step in to help with the ownership situation. So that Joe Ellis can be relieved of his duties but that won't happen.

Roger Goodell and Joe Ellis are good friends dating back to their time as NFL interns together decades ago. So Goodell won't do squat. 

The only way the league at large could force a change in ownership would be if something happened with the team that was deemed bad for the league at large, i.e. bad for business. Think the Donald Sterling situation in the NBA a few years ago. But outside of that, nothing is going to be done at the league level. 

1 hour ago, The Helicopter said:

Can we get a friggin' sponsor?

Joe Ellis missed his chance on that. He should have gotten us out of the Sports Authority debacle earlier when that company was folding and get a new sponsor right away when we were a hot team that was getting lots of prime time and nationally televised games. Now we're a bottom of the barrel team with only one marketable star (who happens to play on defense nonetheless) and whose most recent game was the lowest-rated MNF game in history. 

Ellis screwed up big time there. For someone who is supposedly a business expert, that alone should have been a cause for his termination had he been required to answer to a superior. Sandy Clough reported the other day, the lady and I heard it on the radio Christmas morning when we were driving home from her family's house, that the Broncos are very cash-poor right now, making it more difficult to compete financially for new coaches and front office executives, as funds for those salaries come out of the organization's pockets, unlike player salaries which are paid by the league-wide salary cap. He also confirmed what I've been saying for years (I got it from my Broncos' beat reporter source) that the decision to move on from Wade Phillips came from Ellis as he did not want to pay a coordinator $2m when he could pay Joe Woods 1/4 of that. 

I was thinking about this on my drive this in this morning the best outcome to this whole situation would be for someone with a large measure of credibility, both with the league at large and in the Colorado community, to make a public bid for the team with the caveat that the Bowlen family is given a large stake in ownership and a promised seat at the table. Something where the family can internally elect a representative to sit on the franchise's Board of Directors and have a large executive role (say COO or something) that includes inclusion with the new principal owner at all league executive meetings. In such an scenario, Beth Bowlen-Wallace could serve out, say, a 12-year term in that role and when Brittany Bowlen turns 40 (at which time Beth would be in her mid-50s) she could take over as a Bowlen family representative. 

Now, if only we could find someone who is a) universally-respected, b) lives in Denver and c) is stinkin' rich... 

(there is someone I have in mind who's been mentioned here before, can anyone guess?)

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Joe Ellis missed his chance on that. He should have gotten us out of the Sports Authority debacle earlier when that company was folding and get a new sponsor right away when we were a hot team that was getting lots of prime time and nationally televised games. Now we're a bottom of the barrel team with only one marketable star (who happens to play on defense nonetheless) and whose most recent game was the lowest-rated MNF game in history. 

Ellis screwed up big time there. For someone who is supposedly a business expert, that alone should have been a cause for his termination had he been required to answer to a superior. Sandy Clough reported the other day, the lady and I heard it on the radio Christmas morning when we were driving home from her family's house, that the Broncos are very cash-poor right now, making it more difficult to compete financially for new coaches and front office executives, as funds for those salaries come out of the organization's pockets, unlike player salaries which are paid by the league-wide salary cap. He also confirmed what I've been saying for years (I got it from my Broncos' beat reporter source) that the decision to move on from Wade Phillips came from Ellis as he did not want to pay a coordinator $2m when he could pay Joe Woods 1/4 of that. 

I was thinking about this on my drive this in this morning the best outcome to this whole situation would be for someone with a large measure of credibility, both with the league at large and in the Colorado community, to make a public bid for the team with the caveat that the Bowlen family is given a large stake in ownership and a promised seat at the table. Something where the family can internally elect a representative to sit on the franchise's Board of Directors and have a large executive role (say COO or something) that includes inclusion with the new principal owner at all league executive meetings. In such an scenario, Beth Bowlen-Wallace could serve out, say, a 12-year term in that role and when Brittany Bowlen turns 40 (at which time Beth would be in her mid-50s) she could take over as a Bowlen family representative. 

Now, if only we could find someone who is a) universally-respected, b) lives in Denver and c) is stinkin' rich... 

(there is someone I have in mind who's been mentioned here before, can anyone guess?)

Does Manning live in Denver now?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Roger Goodell and Joe Ellis are good friends dating back to their time as NFL interns together decades ago. So Goodell won't do squat. 

The only way the league at large could force a change in ownership would be if something happened with the team that was deemed bad for the league at large, i.e. bad for business. Think the Donald Sterling situation in the NBA a few years ago. But outside of that, nothing is going to be done at the league level. 

This is a depressing thread. If this team keeps losing, I wonder if fans are gonna eventually have to revolt (like they did in Detroit with Millen). They shouldn't go to the games if this team doesn't start winning again, especially if the NFL won't do anything about a person who shouldn't be in control.