Front Office Changes?

AnAngryAmerican

13 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

This is a depressing thread. If this team keeps losing, I wonder if fans are gonna eventually have to revolt (like they did in Detroit with Millen). They shouldn't go to the games if this team doesn't start winning again, especially if the NFL won't do anything about a person who shouldn't be in control.

Is anyone gonna go to the game Sunday? I'm definitely not watching lol 

On 12/28/2018 at 4:44 AM, broncos67 said:

I have a feeling Matt Russell is gone. Seen some whispers of that among local media, and I would not be shocked to see it.

Always seemed to be the weakest link in the front office.

An under-discussed big blow to the front office was losing Heckert (RIP) as Director of Pro Personnel. Russell's drafts have been pretty rough but this team was as good as anyone in free agency until recently.

I’m done with Ellis & Elway. People need to start burning his jerseys and demanding they both resign. Immediately. This franchise is a total joke. We’re on a quick downward slide and now ‘toying’ with the idea of rebuilding. Everything now is garbage time talk. There’s literally NO direction and NO leadership. I don’t care that Elway was a beloved player. He sucks in his current position. Two completely, unrelated roles and times.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

I’m done with Ellis & Elway. People need to start burning his jerseys and demanding they both resign. Immediately. This franchise is a total joke. We’re on a quick downward slide and now ‘toying’ with the idea of rebuilding. Everything now is garbage time talk. There’s literally NO direction and NO leadership. I don’t care that Elway was a beloved player. He sucks in his current position. Two completely, unrelated roles and times.

It's not gonna change it's a vicious cycle.  Until the fans stop showing up it's not gonna change. This organization needs to realize where we are at right now. I'd be on board for accepting this team is a at minimum two  years away.

Ellis wont accept that forcing elway not to accept that ever since the superbowl everything has been band aids due too financial pressure  .

37 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

It's not gonna change it's a vicious cycle.  Until the fans stop showing up it's not gonna change. This organization needs to realize where we are at right now. I'd be on board for accepting this team is a at minimum two  years away.

Ellis wont accept that forcing elway not to accept that ever since the superbowl everything has been band aids due too financial pressure  .

Boycott for change - the movement has already begun. Keep it rolling...

2 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

I'm with you on Ellis. I've long maintained that he is and has been problem No. 1 with this organization for a long time. The Peyton years masked it but that was just a Hall of Fame band-aid. I think the rest of the fan base is starting to recognize that but and even some more fearless members of the media have begun reporting on it. What bothers me the most about him is that he thinks he can say things with immunity, do the opposite, and get away with it. On Monday at the presser where they announced Vance's termination, Ellis said that he was turning the whole coaching search over to Elway and that he would give all the resources he needed. Then it leaks out on Thursday that Ellis has been meeting one-on-one with each of the candidates. Throw in the past with his power grab move that forced Mike, his decision to hire Mac, he standing in the way of Mike coming back (probably not the worst decision, but he's said multiple times he doesn't make football decisions), his total ineptness in finding a name rights partner, his classless treatment of Beth Bowlen-Wallace done solely to retain his hold on power. his unwillingness to pay Wade Phillips, and what is probably countless other things on which we can only speculate. 

As far as Elway, some of the shine has come off but I am willing to stick with him as GM for a while. You think Ellis is going to be the guy who fires Elway? Who would replace him? Matt "pour me another drink" Russell? No thanks. What does give me some hope is last year's draft where they recognized their mistakes of the past and changed their approach. I wish we had a sexier lot of HC candidates but at this point in time, as I've said many times here, the safe, conservative route seems to be the only one the powers that be are willing to take. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I'm with you on Ellis. I've long maintained that he is and has been problem No. 1 with this organization for a long time. The Peyton years masked it but that was just a Hall of Fame band-aid. I think the rest of the fan base is starting to recognize that but and even some more fearless members of the media have begun reporting on it. What bothers me the most about him is that he thinks he can say things with immunity, do the opposite, and get away with it. On Monday at the presser where they announced Vance's termination, Ellis said that he was turning the whole coaching search over to Elway and that he would give all the resources he needed. Then it leaks out on Thursday that Ellis has been meeting one-on-one with each of the candidates. Throw in the past with his power grab move that forced Mike, his decision to hire Mac, he standing in the way of Mike coming back (probably not the worst decision, but he's said multiple times he doesn't make football decisions), his total ineptness in finding a name rights partner, his classless treatment of Beth Bowlen-Wallace done solely to retain his hold on power. his unwillingness to pay Wade Phillips, and what is probably countless other things on which we can only speculate. 

As far as Elway, some of the shine has come off but I am willing to stick with him as GM for a while. You think Ellis is going to be the guy who fires Elway? Who would replace him? Matt "pour me another drink" Russell? No thanks. What does give me some hope is last year's draft where they recognized their mistakes of the past and changed their approach. I wish we had a sexier lot of HC candidates but at this point in time, as I've said many times here, the safe, conservative route seems to be the only one the powers that be are willing to take. 

Good post @AnAngryAmericanTotally agree on Ellis too. Been nothing but a huge problem for the Broncos for too long.

I don't have as much faith as you do in Elway though. Not looking at you specifically but I do think some Broncos fans give him the benefit of the doubt simply because of his status as a player when I feel he's made a lot of questionable decisions as a GM.

Convincing the GOAT to come to Denver was a brilliant piece of business. It would have been for anyone who got Manning, but Elway was the one who did it and deserves full credit for it.

But I look at decisions such as the flip flopping with Vance Joseph, drafting Paxton Lynch and giving Case Keenum a big contract after ONE good NFL season, and they just don't fill me with confidence. 

i worry how our next coaching hire will play out, simply because I don't trust either Ellis or Elway to get it right, on their own or together. Neither of them seem to show they know what they're doing in terms of running an NFL franchise. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

There’s strong consensus to remove Ellis. Ellis needs to step down immediately.

5 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Consensus among fans who know who he is. The problem is most fans don't know who Ellis is, so there really isn't enough public pressure in play. 

Plus, the way the ownership trust works, Ellis is one of the 3 trustees.  So unless he thinks he should step down, the other 2 trustees have to in effect vote him out.   Sad to say, Ellis isn't going anywhere barring an epic scandal or a sustained run of mediocrity that leaves no choice (and Elway is likely gone before Ellis).

Elway is running out of people to lay the blame at, it's squarely him that everyone is focusing on now.  Ellis will no doubt use that before he ever leaves, barring a sudden change of heart with the 2 other trustees.