Front Office Changes?

AnAngryAmerican

On 1/6/2019 at 5:21 PM, Broncofan said:

Plus, the way the ownership trust works, Ellis is one of the 3 trustees.  So unless he thinks he should step down, the other 2 trustees have to in effect vote him out.   Sad to say, Ellis isn't going anywhere barring an epic scandal or a sustained run of mediocrity that leaves no choice (and Elway is likely gone before Ellis).

Elway is running out of people to lay the blame at, it's squarely him that everyone is focusing on now.  Ellis will no doubt use that before he ever leaves, barring a sudden change of heart with the 2 other trustees.

Pitchforks and flamethrowers?

15 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Oh Gosh that Peter king article on pft about elway makes me wanna barf. 

He's still making excuses of why lynch was a bust.

Scary.

I just read that. Good lord is that pathetic. The criticism is what made him bust? No. The fact that he wasn't good is what made him bust.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I just read that. Good lord is that pathetic. The criticism is what made him bust? No. The fact that he wasn't good is what made him bust.

Not only that he said he was drafted to fit kubiaks system and kubiak got sick. That whole thing was the biggest crock of ish I've read . And my confidence in him finding our qb of the future just went in the tank 

Elway sounds like he learned nothing from his mistakes tbh.

Lynch would not fit any system and elway just fails to admit he wasn't an nfl qb.

Edited by thebestever6

13 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

yeah, the excuses are lame. the point about continuity is fair though. you can't develop a QB with systems changing and I'm happy he talked about that.

the comment on VJ was a bit harsh lol

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

What he say on vj didn't read that

“The key thing I learned in the coach-selection process: Cover your bases thoroughly and get the best candidates that you can and don’t make your mind up going in. Don’t draw any conclusions before you go into the coaching interviews. Take each interview in the moment and do not pre-draw it. Don’t combine it with the other ones and don’t make your mind up when you walk out. Be as thorough as you can and try to find the right guy that fits your job at that point in time. So that’s what I learned. I’ve probably pre-drawn my thought process going in before. I talked to [Vance Joseph] before the process a couple of years ago, and knew him, and going in, I had an idea that he was kind of our guy. I admit it. I was wrong on that one. I don’t like to say it out loud because I don’t want to offend VJ, who is a good football coach. But things didn’t work out.

On 1/14/2019 at 2:48 PM, jolly red giant said:

Maybe he is learning - he didn't zero in on an candidate this time.

Hopefully he will take the same approach to the draft.

Learning happens in the first few years. The same way we have a ridiculously small scouting department. These guys aren't interested in dissenting opinions, they're interested in control. It also proves to me Elway still hasn't learned he can't draft. The blame seems to continue to be set at the feet of coaches more than anything, but Elway's talent ID has been atrocious.

On 14/01/2019 at 6:46 PM, thebestever6 said:

I personally think elway is leaves a lot to be desired as a gm. He seems to be winging it since peyton left 

Manning in his best season was punished by Seattle at the Super Bowl. In his worst season Denver defense win superbowl 50. The defense was assembled by Elway with free agents.
The choices of Osweiller or Lynch were perhaps not the best but to say that it is a bad manager is a bit weak as an argument because he did not find THE quarterback.
How many superbowl for Aaron Rodgers? Big Ben? Luck? Rivers? Stafford? Brees?
Winning Super Bowls is an attack and a defense. The attack is rebuilding the defense is still there.
The Broncos defense with Wade Philipps has never been duplicated with the Rams. The reputation of WP is overrated in fact it is the casting error with Joe WOODS that has taken over. This is the only error that can be blamed on John Elway.