Android Thread

BobbyPhil1781

Figured I'd just start this for all Android related news since Oreo is finishing up.

https://www.androidcentral.com/oreo?utm_medium=superfeature&utm_campaign=navigation&utm_source=ac

Wish they'd finally allow Themeing to become a thing like on Galaxies. Overall, no major updates w/ this upgrade but that's something I think most people would be OK w/. As the video states, stock Android is relatively stable and polished so why reinvent it when it's not needed for now?

Themeing is something I'll definitely continue to look for as a stock feature though.

33 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

They had a developer version of one of the Notes recently. I think 4. It got great reviews but was a lot more expensive. W/ the price tag this phone is expecting to have, I doubt it is an option.

I can never go back, after the OPT and my HTC 10 I can never go back to the bloatware. It's a beautifully crafted phone with excellent performance, but those unnecessary apps kill me. Do they still have Samsung Push? 

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

I can never go back, after the OPT and my HTC 10 I can never go back to the bloatware. It's a beautifully crafted phone with excellent performance, but those unnecessary apps kill me. Do they still have Samsung Push? 

Oh I'm w/ you. I have a 6P and will never, ever go back to  Sammy. Things were always so laggy and slow. On the contrary, my fiance will never stray from them b/c, honestly, her phones have been perfect. All of them. She just went from an S5 to an S8. Honestly, that 5 could still be rocking. Thing was as snappy as the day she got it. Aside from the battery being crap (replaceable), the phone was perfectly fine. I dunno.... bad luck for me I guess. My cousin is Sammy loyal also.

If they had a stock OS that wasn't bloated, I'd definitely consider it. Their hardware, screens, and cameras are always top end so it should essentially be a beast.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently a slew of 6Ps have been having battery issues and since Google has run out and is not producing them anymore, they're giving replacement Pixel XLs to those w/ issues to make room for Pixel 2 being released next month. Well, I just called mine is b/c the battery has been a little meh and I'm supposedly getting an email shortly w/ how to get a replacement. We'll see how this goes and if all is true.

20 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Good luck with that. I'm about 7 months from an upgrade, waiting patiently. 

"Thank you for contacting Google Support.

Follow these steps to order your replacement Pixel XL"

Worked like a charm!! I mean, I am having some issues but very, very infrequently. I will have it next week. For free lol. Not a bad idear!! @Silver&Black88 Want to see if you can grab a Pixel XL also? lol

On 9/15/2017 at 10:37 AM, JTagg7754 said:

"Thank you for contacting Google Support.

Follow these steps to order your replacement Pixel XL"

Worked like a charm!! I mean, I am having some issues but very, very infrequently. I will have it next week. For free lol. Not a bad idear!! @Silver&Black88 Want to see if you can grab a Pixel XL also? lol

Dude my Nexus is total'd.  I keep forgetting to ask for a replacement.  I have Nexus protect so I should just call.