Oregon QB Justin Herbert to return to school for senior season

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

This time two years ago, people were calling Trubisky/Mahomes/Watson 2nd/3rd round prospects. This time last year, people were saying Josh Rosen was the most pro ready QB, Baker Mayfield wasn't #1 pick material and Josh Allen was a project at QB.

Moral of the story is that none of these people - on this site or elsewhere - know what they're talking about. 

I never heard anyone call Deshaun Watson a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. In fact, most I heard from pre-draft was that he was the consensus #1 QB in that draft. If anything, his draft stock fell, and fell hard.

Josh Allen is still a project at QB.

Herbert would've been a top 10 pick in this draft. Sure, combines and workouts could've hurt his draft stock but he was never going to be anything worse than the 2nd QB chosen.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

This time two years ago, people were calling Trubisky/Mahomes/Watson 2nd/3rd round prospects. This time last year, people were saying Josh Rosen was the most pro ready QB, Baker Mayfield wasn't #1 pick material and Josh Allen was a project at QB.

Moral of the story is that none of these people - on this site or elsewhere - know what they're talking about. 

I'll do you won better. For the better part of two years EVERYONE was hyped on Darnold and he was the surefire star of the 2018 draft. We all  KNEW he was going number one. 

Then like a week or two before there were rumors that the Browns were looking at Mayfield. Then they did take Mayfield. Then another QB needy team took a running back at 2. Darnold fell to 3. Nobody knows a thing. 

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

You either think Drew Lock is anything more than a career backup quality player (who will be undoubtedly overdrafted) or you think Mason Rudolph is one of the worst backups in the league. Either way, I disagree with you.

Somewhere in the middle?  Mason Rudolph was heavily influenced by the fact that he had James Washington and Marcell Ateman to throw to.  And it certainly didn't hurt that he played in a spread offense either.  He really wasn't a very good prospect.  Drew Lock might not be anything special, but he at least gives you a chance to have something there.

12 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'd be willing to trade you Kirk Cousins and the 32nd pick in the 2019 draft.  ;)

We play way to many Prime Time games, no Thanks. Guaranteed  4 losses a year is hard to overcome.

Foles, Flacco and some others are sitting pretty/patiently at the moment. 

10 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I never heard anyone call Deshaun Watson a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. In fact, most I heard from pre-draft was that he was the consensus #1 QB in that draft. If anything, his draft stock fell, and fell hard.

Herbert would've been a top 10 pick in this draft. Sure, combines and workouts could've hurt his draft stock but he was never going to be anything worse than the 2nd QB chosen.

It's not really this time 2 years ago, it was about March 2 years ago that everybody was saying none of the QBs were worth 1st round picks.  Meanwhile I was pounding the table for watson.

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

tbf all the stats and the stats nerds did
then john " THE FOOT BALL GUY" went and shocked the world and pulled the most sashi brown move ever

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:
11 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It's not really this time 2 years ago, it was about March 2 years ago that everybody was saying none of the QBs were worth 1st round picks.

Bingo. There was so much negativity around Mahomes (ermagerd, Air Raid QB!) Trubisky (only one year starter!) and Watson (too much talent around him, too many interceptions!)

I'll dig around on the old site, but all three of these QBs were dumped on collectively and our group of experts felt strongly that there were no 1st round guys in the group.

EDIT: 2018 - THE YEAR OF THE QB (and Baker not very highly discussed):

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=588265&start=0

22 pager on Mahomes - you don't get to 22 pages if it's a consensus 1st round/elite talent:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=572819&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Here's another one... Various folks (rather smart ones at that) going on about the 2017 class lacking a top guy and it being a "disaster"...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=585138&start=735

Nobody was high on Trubisky/Mahomes/Watson at the time. Two years later, you have three playoff QBs and an NFL MVP in this group. 

I really don't think you'll be able to say the same thing about the 2018 class next season.

Teams desperate for a QB are going to need to pay up to get to the top of the draft for Haskins because he seems like the only good prospect in this class.

Good for teams like OAK, SF, ARI, and NYJ who don't need one and want to trade down.  Well unless Oak decides to move on from Carr which I doubt.

Archived