Mason Rudolph Trade Value

JustPlainNasty

This years QB draft class is not very stellar. This is especially true now that its potential top prospect Justin Herbert announced today that he will return to Oregon for the 2019 season.

Top remaining prospects include Ryan Finley, Will Grier and speculation that Dwayne Haskins will enter the field (prematurely most likely).

Several teams will be in the market for a QB including the New York Giants (currently picking 6th), Jacksonville (8th) Denver (12th) Miami (15th) Washington (16th)  with possibilities in Oakland, Cincy, New England & maybe even the LA Chargers.

It would seem that Indianapolis' Jacoby Brisset will be in demand and a good candidate for the Giants actually. 

New Orleans Teddy Bridgewater should be an extremely hot commodity in free agency..with much speculation already arising in Miami for the Dolphins.

Joe Flacco is another possibility but at this point is looking more like a stop gap for a team with potential contention. 

The Giants had a lot of interest in Rudolph during last years draft but didn't pull the trigger. Denver and Jacksonville also seem like good fits.

Basically, what everyone else said...but no way he doesn't make the team in 2019.  2020 and 2021 could see dramatic changes to this team...top to bottom....and that's the earliest I could see him being gone.   

They drafted him to potentially be Ben's replacement ... they aren't going to cut him until they are positive he can't be that. He was a project coming out, so there is no way they are going to cut him after 1 season where they knew he wouldn't play at all barring injury.

Perhaps if Rudolph show something next preseason, there's a slim chance we could get a third back for him, but if that's the case, we would probably just keep him to see if he could progress even further.

Mason Rudolph, at best has a 2020 7th round pick value. He hurt his own value with his play in preseason. The team (based on necessity to be fair) hurt his value by not dressing him all season. 

There is 0 reason to think he is the answer to anyone's prayers. He will live out his rookie contract here. After that all bets are off.

when was the last time colbert admitted he was wrong and traded a pick in year 2?

I would like it if traded some other players though. 

It might be a good idea if Rudolph never gets a chance, but for now he will be staying and we will continue to listen to ben hint at retiring and pay lousy in september as he has fro the last 4 years or soo.O

13 hours ago, 3rivers said:

when was the last time colbert admitted he was wrong and traded a pick in year 2?

I would like it if traded some other players though. 

It might be a good idea if Rudolph never gets a chance, but for now he will be staying and we will continue to listen to ben hint at retiring and pay lousy in september as he has fro the last 4 years or soo.O

Maybe because you usually dont know actually know if youre "wrong" about a player after one year.

They drafted Rudolph knowing he was a project QB that would be sitting a couple years.   He wasnt a first round, pro ready QB....and Im not sure why anyone expected him to show much this year.

15 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Maybe because you usually dont know actually know if youre "wrong" about a player after one year.

They drafted Rudolph knowing he was a project QB that would be sitting a couple years.   He wasnt a first round, pro ready QB....and Im not sure why anyone expected him to show much this year.

I didnt expect him to show much, he showed how much work he needed in preseason. Was my hopes for him immediately higher than they should have been? Absolutely. But I got realistic in preseason. The work he hopefully got during the season with the scout team and such will help him in the next tc and preseason. The idea isnt to immediately be ready to take over for Ben. Its to be ready to do so when Ben is actually no longer here. It'll take time but it make take a few of his contract years. We cant look at Ben or Mahommes even and gauge what we should expect of Mason. Do I think he is the long term answer? No, i really dont but I do think he can be a respectable stop gap when the time comes. 

Archived