Redskins front office shakeup: COO, CMO fired

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Don’t get rid of the problem. By all means replace people that realistically had no effect on your teams cruddy performance all year. 

Also, “LOL” to the “Major Shakeup” thing.

To defend Craig, he did say the business office, and firing your COO and CMO is major. 

17 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Don’t get rid of the problem. By all means replace people that realistically had no effect on your teams cruddy performance all year. 

Also, “LOL” to the “Major Shakeup” thing.

This is only good news if its a precursor to Bruce getting demoted out of football operations, and replacing the guys who just got fired.

Dan Snyder isn’t the sole owner of the team. There are other owners albeit they own a much lesser percentage. There has to be something they can do to stop this mess? There has to be something the league can do to oust him as owner? At what point is enough, enough? I mean you have a dying fanbase for one of the leagues most storied franchises. How can you just sit idly by as this happens? The NFL needs to step in. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Dan Snyder isn’t the sole owner of the team. There are other owners albeit they own a much lesser percentage. There has to be something they can do to stop this mess? There has to be something the league can do to oust him as owner? At what point is enough, enough? I mean you have a dying fanbase for one of the leagues most storied franchises. How can you just sit idly by as this happens? The NFL needs to step in. 

I assume because they're still making money.

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Peter Angelos owns 51% of the Orioles last I heard, that 51% gives him controlling ownership and deciding the direction of the team.  So the rest of the ownership group is essentially powerless, unless their percentages combined would equal more than what Snyder owns, and I doubt he has given away that much of the team. 

Can @Thaiphoon or @Woz move the posts about the business ops firings into their own thread?  I came in here on my break at work to discuss them and I thought there would be a thread.  These are big news, especially LaFemina, who left a cushy job in the league office to take the reigns of the Redskins business operations.  He was one of the bright stars in the NFL as far as business circles were concerned, and I thought he did a great job of the #wehail program, getting a fresh coat of paint in the stadium, adding the open air bar in 115 and finally getting Snyder to stop selling tickets to brokers.  

27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I hate to defend Snyder but you put me in this positon bc of how off base your post is.

Those minority owners have no say, only the majority owner does. If they don’t like it, they can get out and sell their stake in the team but most likely they’re making money so they’re fine with their stake in the team.

The NFL has no business in stepping in and taking over a team or operating their private business unless it’s like a Jerry Richardson situation or something where the team is being sold or something or moved.

I mean after all, the owners own the league, not the other way around. They pay Goddell’s salary and others at the NFL offices and Dan Snyder’s owned Redskins are one of the most wealthy franchises in the entire NFL.

Archived