Redskins front office shakeup: COO, CMO fired

MikeT14

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Can @Thaiphoon or @Woz move the posts about the business ops firings into their own thread?  I came in here on my break at work to discuss them and I thought there would be a thread.  These are big news, especially LaFemina, who left a cushy job in the league office to take the reigns of the Redskins business operations.  He was one of the bright stars in the NFL as far as business circles were concerned, and I thought he did a great job of the #wehail program, getting a fresh coat of paint in the stadium, adding the open air bar in 115 and finally getting Snyder to stop selling tickets to brokers.  

Done.

And @Thaiphoon, don't think I didn't see you like this post ... and then leave me to do the clean up.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Disagree, it’s everything from Marketing to running the team. It’s pretty much everything.

But the marketing isn't the main problem. It's the football operations' side that is causing all of the issues.

Just now, Woz said:

But the marketing isn't the main problem. It's the football operations' side that is causing all of the issues.

Exactly, it is shrinking the market that they have to work for season tickets.  If we had long-term sustained success like the Eagles, Steelers or Ravens, we would have another wait list again that was legitimate this time. 

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So we had a power struggle on our hands and Allen won.  Guess he won't be gone this off-season.  

You're right.

Again, I don't want to "like" this post. It's completely correct in its read but utterly depressing in its contents.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Unless I’m mistaken, the owners do not “own” the league. They own the teams, which can be forced out of the NFL. The NFL itself operates as a non-profit organization and the teams themselves are operated as businesses with their revenue taxed. They’re two separate entities. 

Yes and No. The league does have language where they can force an owner to sell for "conduct detrimental to the league". They were considering it recently against Jerry Jones for how he was handling the Elliott suspension.

But if an owner wants to run his own team into the ground?

As long as the checks clear and its not really costing the other owners that much, they couldn't care less.

Remember, while they are business partners, they are also competitors.

12 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And there it is.  

Got to give Bruce Allen credit: only a complete scum bucket could successfully use the Reuben Foster to consolidate power. Of course, when you are selling the idea to another scum bucket, maybe it isn't that hard.

10 minutes ago, Woz said:

Done.

And @Thaiphoon, don't think I didn't see you like this post ... and then leave me to do the clean up.

Sorry man. Was out at doctor's office with sick infant and on phone. I havent mastered some of the moderating tools on the phone. Was gonna do it when I got home. Which is in about 15 minutes.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Sorry man. Was out at doctor's office with sick infant and on phone. I havent mastered some of the moderating tools on the phone. Was gonna do it when I got home. Which is in about 15 minutes.

Hmph.

Don't let (the sick kid) happen again. :D:D:D

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Got to give Bruce Allen credit: only a complete scum bucket could successfully use the Reuben Foster to consolidate power. Of course, when you are selling the idea to another scum bucket, maybe it isn't that hard.

That is a great way to put this, I agree with the comparison.  I'm actually wondering which corporate group it was, and if they drop their sponsorship.  

Archived