Which one of these 2nd tier WRs has the best 2019

mistakey

So my questions is with Landry, Perriman, Higgins, and Callaway do we really need to take a WR in the first three Rounds if we add one in FA like a Conley, T. Williams, or Golden Tate. I really wish we could some home add Sterling Shepherd he’s one my favorite draft day crushes and I’d love to add him somehow. I think he has huge potential that’s going to waste in New York 

7 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

So my questions is with Landry, Perriman, Higgins, and Callaway do we really need to take a WR in the first three Rounds if we add one in FA like a Conley, T. Williams, or Golden Tate. I really wish we could some home add Sterling Shepherd he’s one my favorite draft day crushes and I’d love to add him somehow. I think he has huge potential that’s going to waste in New York 

I think we’re better off taking one in rounds 2-4 then paying top dollar for a FA.

Baker is why these guys look good all of a sudden.  Bring in the next guy on the cheap and he’ll do the same with them.

9 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

The tricky thing is, we don't need another WR, we need a true #1 star WR. So, unless we can add a star, there's little point to add another #2 type or slot guy. Here's the tricky part, there might not be a star WR available this off-season, whether in the draft or FA. At least there's no obvious one. And I'm not big on drafting a WR early hoping more than believing he maybe become a star guy, not with the clear cut talent available at other positions.

It's the same scenario in my mind with LT. I'm not sure a legit, top LT will be available this off-season.

The positions that offer the most return this off-season are DT and Edge. Luckily we need at least one of each. We'd be fools to bypass those positions trying to force it with a WR or LT who could easily flop.

I hope all 3, I quietly have been pulling for Perriman, he may never be a #1 but he seems to be finding his mojo. When I see Callaway, he reminds me of Santonio Holmes a bit. He just have to learn how to be a professional and prepare himself like one. Higgins, I love him because he is a fighter, he is fighting for his career and he knows it.

I wouldn't call Antionio Calloway a 2nd tier player. He is a rookie. I absolutely believe he is a tier 1 player. I said late last draft season that if not for the troubles off the field he would have been a Top 10 pick and I still believe it. He has been away from football a long time and has done great things as a rookie.

This is what Antonio Brown did his first 3 seasons in the NFL and he had a much stronger supporting cast around him as well as a far more seasoned QB throwing the ball around.

Rookie 16-167-0     Wallace, Ward, Miller, Sanders, Randle El    7yr vet throwing him the ball
2nd     69-1108-2    Wallace, Ward, Miller, Sanders                     8yr vet throwing him the ball
3rd     66-787-5       Wallace, Miller, Sanders                                9yr vet throwing him the ball

Calloway has a rookie QB throwing him passes(albeit the greatest rookie QB of all time) and less weapons taking away the defenses focus. His biggest struggles came early when he was forced into a prominent role and expected to be highly productive early. Since then he has been shinning. I believe Calloway will be a legit #1 WR by the end of his 3rd season.

21 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

So my questions is with Landry, Perriman, Higgins, and Callaway do we really need to take a WR in the first three Rounds

No. The clamor for a WR in the forum has been puzzling.

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think we’re better off taking one in rounds 2-4 then paying top dollar for a FA.

Agree.

First of all, it is not a high need.

Second, I trust Dorsey to find one in R2-4, or lower although the pick might have some worts or wrinkles.

1st off I'd vote Callaway hands down. For the reasons @Bonanza23 posted. 2nd I think Callaway could become the #1 receiver that @Fatgerman is talking about with a full season in the NFL after not playing for a full season before being drafted imo. If we resign all our FA WR's then I think we will only need to draft a player in the 3-5 round range. Next year is playoffs or bust and what a great time to be a Browns fan!!!

3 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

1st off I'd vote Callaway hands down. For the reasons @Bonanza23 posted. 2nd I think Callaway could become the #1 receiver that @Fatgerman is talking about with a full season in the NFL after not playing for a full season before being drafted imo. If we resign all our FA WR's then I think we will only need to draft a player in the 3-5 round range. Next year is playoffs or bust and what a great time to be a Browns fan!!!

I'd like Buckey and his progeny to welcome in an irrational love for any Oklahoma player or coach who Baker played with at Oklahoma. For that reason, I'd be good with Marquis Brown if he's there in the second. Otherwise, third round onwards sounds reasonable.

Archived