Week 17: #FireBruceAllen - Just Lose - GDT Iggles

Ghostnote

Just now, turtle28 said:

Eh, I don’t think Dan liked Kirk either. If Dan wanted Kirk, he would’ve been re-signed.

Maybe. But the point being that the guy we had in our building and could've gotten for a song (at around $20m/yr) went away for next to no compensation and is killing it in the playoffs while we sit here holding the bag that includes no QB, no cap space, etc...

14 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yes. Can you imagine the absolute crap storm Bruce might get in with Danny if Kirk gets in and lights up?

And actually Dan I think liked Kirk but Bruce convinced Dan that the money was too much. Bruce had his hands in that way too deep. But yes, subconciously I want Kirk to get into the playoffs and win a game, especially if that game was against Dallas. (I dont know the playofff matchups)

29 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Maybe. But the point being that the guy we had in our building and could've gotten for a song (at around $20m/yr) went away for next to no compensation and is killing it in the playoffs while we sit here holding the bag that includes no QB, no cap space, etc...

The way I remember it, no one in the building wanted to pay Kirk $20 mil a year, including McCloughan. 

Also, I didn’t think the Vikings were definitely in yet, are they? 

We have cap space. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

The way I remember it, no one in the building wanted to pay Kirk $20 mil a year, including McCloughan. 

Missed the point. The point is hindsight is 20/20 and no one in the front office looks ahead. The fact that no one in the building ad the foresight to see to lock him up then is an indictment on the front office.

Its gonna make Danny go ape guano when he sees that we only got a 3rd round compensation pick for him. And to replace him it cost us almost the same # in cap space to a QB who may not play another down + a promising CB + a 3rd rounder.

Yes, they are the last wildcard spot. If we beat the Iggles the Vikes are definitely in. If the Iggles win and Vikes lose, the Iggles are in instead.

We have cap space. 

Barely. We only have $20m while the Colts (at 1st have about $118m)

Again, we're 25th out of 32. Don't give me the $40m with cap maneuvers line of BS. I've already covered that in another thread. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

We have cap space. 

No they have to win this week to make the playoffs. They lose, Eagles Win. Eagles get the Wild Card. To Thiaphoon I wouldn't say Cousins is killing anything. Let's see how he performs this week and the Vickings 1st playoff game (if they make it) Cousins is who he is, that definitely isn't 84 million worth nor had he done enough to get the 20 he was asking for back than. Should we have resigned him can be debated back and forth but to get "Nothing" for him is RIDICULOUS!!! 

Archived