Saints 2019 opponents announced

Mid Iowa

Our opponents for the 2019 season have been announced. They include the AFC South, and the NFC West.
Of course, the dates won't be announced for some time yet.

Here's the lineup.

Home games:
Arizona Cardinals (3-12) - San Francisco 49ers (4-11) - Houston Texans (10-5) - Indianapolis Colts (9-6) - Dallas Cowboys (9-6)
And the typical division rivals, Atlanta Falcons (6-9) - Carolina Panthers (6-9) - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-10)

Away games:
Tennessee Titans (9-6) - Seattle Seahawks (9-6) - Chicago Bears (11-4) - Los Angeles Rams (12-3) - Jacksonville Jaguars (5-10)
And of course the Atlanta Falcons (6-9) - Carolina Panthers (6-9) - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-10)

As we typically see, this looks like a tough schedule. We're going to have some really tough home games, frankly, all but maybe 1. 
Our road schedule is rough, too. There are no glaring weak opponents.

So we have an idea of how to draft for next season, I hope the scouts come with their "A" game.

The road schedule looks tough.  Four playoff teams plus the Jags, who have a good enough defense to be a playoff team.  The home schedule looks easier, as Texans, Colts, and Cowboys could all be very stout teams next year.  The 49ers may have Jimmy G back, and it's hard for the Cardinals to be any worse.

Makes me hope Drew hangs in one more year after we win it all in February. I want him to be able to retire after going into Seattle and beating them comfortably in their house. Just once. But yeah that road schedule is bad next year. And @ Chi will probably be in December. Gross. 

10 hours ago, nolaexpat said:

Makes me hope Drew hangs in one more year after we win it all in February. I want him to be able to retire after going into Seattle and beating them comfortably in their house. Just once. But yeah that road schedule is bad next year. And @ Chi will probably be in December. Gross. 

Right?! Why is it that we always seem to play Chicago AT Chicago, and in the cold weather?
I guess they have more money to pay off the schedule makers, just like we pay off the refs, eh? ;)

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I'm guessing Bears, Rams, Seahawks, Cowboys, and Falcons will be primetime games.  Rams might be 3 oclock and Colts will be primetime.

Good call. Those would be good PT games.
I'd probably insert Houston over Falcons just based on power, but yeah, the Falcons makes more sense given the rivalry.

1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

Good call. Those would be good PT games.
I'd probably insert Houston over Falcons just based on power, but yeah, the Falcons makes more sense given the rivalry.

I just say Falcons because it feels like we play them in a primetime game  every year.  I know we did in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017, and 2018.  I can't remember the other years.  I wanna say we played them on a monday night in 2009 also.

On 12/29/2018 at 7:22 AM, Mid Iowa said:

I assume you live in that area. Is the Seahawks stadium awesome in person? I'd love to see a game there.

I live in CA. Seattle is only a 45min flight away though. Best friend is a Seahawks fan, so we usually go once a year to a game. 

Seahawks stadium is pretty awesome though, and LOUD. Like being in the front row of a rock concert loud, except the whole stadium is like that. 

19 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

I live in CA. Seattle is only a 45min flight away though. Best friend is a Seahawks fan, so we usually go once a year to a game. 

Seahawks stadium is pretty awesome though, and LOUD. Like being in the front row of a rock concert loud, except the whole stadium is like that. 

That sounds awesome! 
I've got a goal of seeing a game in every Stadium, and Seattle is highlighted.

I've already got a few stadiums that have been replaced, so the list is growing. 
RCA Dome, St. Louis stadium, and the Metrodome are either gone, or no longer have a team. I've been to the new Viking's stadium a few times, so just need to see the Rams and Colts new digs.

Some day.....

6 hours ago, SWATcha said:

I live in Vancouver, just north of Portland Oregon. Seattle games are the only games I’ve ever been to.

2x vs the Saints ( was there for Beastquake) and we lost both times.

1x vs Bengals (Seahawks were the better team and still let the bengals come push them around) 

1x vs Rams (don’t remember this game. Got trashed and ended up leaving the snooze fest in the 3rd quarter)

2 hours ago, Dome said:

I live in Vancouver, just north of Portland Oregon. Seattle games are the only games I’ve ever been to.

2x vs the Saints ( was there for Beastquake) and we lost both times.

1x vs Bengals (Seahawks were the better team and still let the bengals come push them around) 

1x vs Rams (don’t remember this game. Got trashed and ended up leaving the snooze fest in the 3rd quarter)

Nice! You planning on going to next year's game?

Just now, SWATcha said:

Nice! You planning on going to next year's game?

Hadn't even thought of it yet. Honestly probably depends on if Brees is playing or not. I'd like to see him one last time. 

My boss has season tickets, so I can get 4 tickets (nosebleeds) for fairly cheap. Last time he just gave them to me. 

Archived