Peterson wants to return

turtle28

Adrian Peterson would love to be back in Washington

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/27/adrian-peterson-would-love-to-be-back-in-washington/ via @ProFootballTalk

“I would love to come back here and finish off on a better note,” Peterson said, via ESPN.com. “We have a great group of guys here — all the adversity we’ve faced this year and how guys have responded. To come to work and really stay focused shows a lot about this team, this locker room, coaches as well. … That’s something I would love to be a part of.”

If things don’t work out for a return engagement, Peterson believes he’s shown enough to generate interest elsewhere. He’s run 247 times for 1,042 yards and seven touchdowns and said “you’re blind” if you can’t see that he has a lot of football left in the tank.

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Please do make this happen. Even if fully healthy, Guice shouldn't be leaned on to do it all, and there is little doubt for me that AP will still be able to bring it. 

It would be nice to happen. I still think this is smart for MVP to say this. It makes him look more attractive to other teams. You never want to burn bridges with any of the 32.

Not sure if this is going to be in the cards.  He and Guice are very similar- both in build and skill set, though Peterson reinvented himself as a pass-catcher this year.  One thing I think they need to replace is Chris Thompson as the pass-catcher/utility guy out of the backfield.  He just can't stay healthy.  

Couldn’t be more impressed with the guy after watching him all season — he’s a legend, and we got to see firsthand why this season — but I just don’t see how he fits. 

Guice is The Man™️ moving forward. And while I do believe that next year AD will likely be better than most/all veteran backup RBs we could find in FA, I also believe he’s not the sort of guy who would do well in a timeshare. Especially not as the (much) lighter half of a timeshare. He’s a stud, a true workhorse. That’s what makes him great. But it also means he’s not cut out for receiving just a few carries per game. He’s not a patient runner to start with, just imagine how impatient he’d be if he thought he was only going to get the ball 5 or 6 times (tops). He’d be trying to run for a hundred yards on every play. 

I’d be looking to rounds 4-6 for a young back (or two) to plug in behind Guice and CT. There are a number of RB prospects that I like (Zack Moss, Reggie Corbin, Miles Sanders, Darrin Hall, etc) who may be available on Day 3, and I think that’s one position where you can plug in a young guy with some talent and get production early on. 

26 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Couldn’t be more impressed with the guy after watching him all season — he’s a legend, and we got to see firsthand why this season — but I just don’t see how he fits. 

Guice is The Man™️ moving forward. And while I do believe that next year AD will likely be better than most/all veteran backup RBs we could find in FA, I also believe he’s not the sort of guy who would do well in a timeshare. Especially not as the (much) lighter half of a timeshare. He’s a stud, a true workhorse. That’s what makes him great. But it also means he’s not cut out for receiving just a few carries per game. He’s not a patient runner to start with, just imagine how impatient he’d be if he thought he was only going to get the ball 5 or 6 times (tops). He’d be trying to run for a hundred yards on every play. 

I’d be looking to rounds 4-6 for a young back (or two) to plug in behind Guice and CT. There are a number of RB prospects that I like (Zack Moss, Reggie Corbin, Miles Sanders, Darrin Hall, etc) who may be available on Day 3, and I think that’s one position where you can plug in a young guy with some talent and get production early on. 

Ya this is where I’m at with him.  He gave us what we needed this year but Guice should be the guy next year.  Time to move on.

Archived