Tyler Lancaster

Golfman

5 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

He's the #28th rated interior DL on PFF which means everything. He's been doing his job.

Means he's playing like a starter. Not bad for an un-drafted rookie! Kid has to be smart, he went to Northwestern. Might have limited athleticism but can still get a lot better. 

25 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Means he's playing like a starter. Not bad for an un-drafted rookie! Kid has to be smart, he went to Northwestern. Might have limited athleticism but can still get a lot better. 

I meant that as a compliment to him. I think he's definitely worth being in the rotation.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's a run plug and a decent one. Nothing more and nothing less. Probably won't ever be anything else. 

This is also the classic example of why you don't pay for run plugs in Free Agency. You can find a decent one at Home Depot. 

Did he register any QB pressures or Hits?

28 minutes ago, cannondale said:

He won't win you any games, but he won't lose you any either. We could use more guys like him.

You want more ties?

At some point, you need more players that are capable of winning games.  currently GB has Rodgers and not really anyone else.  No player on defense really offers that.  The OL as a unit does not.  

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You want more ties?

At some point, you need more players that are capable of winning games.  currently GB has Rodgers and not really anyone else.  No player on defense really offers that.  The OL as a unit does not.  

I think the point is hes been a good value for where we got him and worth having on the roster for the sale of depth. Not that he should be a starter.

I mentioned him in another thread.  He's a great find.  Period.

He should be one of the reasons that GB looks to add a DL with movement skills.  Get a solid rotation going in there.  It would be wonderful if Lancaster could eat some Clark snaps in the running game to help keep Clark fresh for the bigger moments (pass rush).

AG20 said it best....he's the reason why you don't overdraft run stopping DL.  

Add him to last year's draft class and in a couple years that thing could end up being a really, really good one.

Archived