Tyler Lancaster

Golfman

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I had no clue that Lancaster did 36 reps on the bench.  That power is really showing through.  He's got the perfect body size/strength for that run stuffing role.  More than enough movement skills, too.

Bench press measures work ethic (poorly) and arm length, and not much else. 

The fact that he managed 36 reps with an 80+ inch wingspan is pretty impressive though.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

You want more ties?

At some point, you need more players that are capable of winning games.  currently GB has Rodgers and not really anyone else.  No player on defense really offers that.  The OL as a unit does not.  

That falls under the sky is blue and water is wet category

32 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The fact that he managed 36 reps with an 80+ inch wingspan is pretty impressive though.

I can attest to that. It's not easy lifting weights when your elbows are 18" below your chest. Finding shirts sucks too

56 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I had no clue that Lancaster did 36 reps on the bench.  That power is really showing through.  He's got the perfect body size/strength for that run stuffing role.  More than enough movement skills, too.

44 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Throw a little stamina in there, too.

We see the power, now we know why.

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

You want more ties?

At some point, you need more players that are capable of winning games.  currently GB has Rodgers and not really anyone else.  No player on defense really offers that.  The OL as a unit does not.  

this seems like a weird thing to say about a guy who got paid less than 400k this season. He's not displacing anyone that will fall into that "game-winners" category.

13 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

this seems like a weird thing to say about a guy who got paid less than 400k this season. He's not displacing anyone that will fall into that "game-winners" category.

The weird thing is the idea wanting more guys like this somehow meant that trumped wanting game winners

23 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

If Lancaster can give quality snaps in the run game (next year) and keep guys like Clark and Daniels fresh in the fourth for rushing the passer, I'd say, yes, he can help win games.  

Teams need guys who do the dirty work, too.

Lancaster is a decent bench guy, he's essentially Quinton Dial from last year without having to pay for a player like that. Glad we found him.

Tony Brown is the real UDFA gem to me though. He's a better CB at this point than Jackson (which isn't a knock on Jackson, guys a 1 year starter, converted WR, anyone who expected him to blow you away year 1 is crazy.) I have no issues going into 2019 and having Brown in a position where we need to rely on him to play minutes next year.

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Tony Brown is the real UDFA gem to me though. He's a better CB at this point than Jackson (which isn't a knock on Jackson, guys a 1 year starter, converted WR, anyone who expected him to blow you away year 1 is crazy.) I have no issues going into 2019 and having Brown in a position where we need to rely on him to play minutes next year.

I was cool with taking Tony Brown in the 3rd round. Getting him on waivers or whatever they did moved Gute's year 1 grade up from like a C+ to a B-

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lancaster is a decent bench guy, he's essentially Quinton Dial from last year without having to pay for a player like that. Glad we found him.

Agree.

Archived